or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Dump my girlfriend or try harder????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dump my girlfriend or try harder???? - Page 5

post #61 of 76
I don't get the "if you are under 30, dump her" thing. Is there an age cut-off after which you can no longer get laid? Have we finally realized the ageist society depicted in Logan's Run, except that your balls, as opposed to your whole self, report to the Sandman? Here's a better rule of thumb. If she sucks (and based on your description, your girl sucks) dump her. Absent undisclosed circumstances (she's obscenely rich, she's the best fuck on the planet, you're in WV and she's your cousin), I'm not sure why this is even a question. Even a blind hog occasionally roots up an acorn - you'll get laid again - I promise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post
OP, let me give you a real life example of why you should probably abort: I've got a friend who is one of the wittiest people and best writers I've ever known . . . .
Sounds like your buddy might want to re-allocate his mental resources, from "being funny" to "having a clue." Reminds me of that line from Fight Club: "How's that working out for you, being clever?" A lot of guys mistake pain-in-the-ass-ness for attractiveness. I've never understood why.
post #62 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post
Get out before you have things that will nail you down with her.

I know many in similar situations. The above is sound advice.
post #63 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post
...she became pregnant not long after they got that dog...

What color hair does the kid have?
post #64 of 76
Crossposted from my thread.



IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #65 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
A lot of guys mistake pain-in-the-ass-ness for attractiveness. I've never understood why.
Ive fallen victim to that exactly once. The point.five of a gf referenced in the friends-with-exes thread the other day. Pondered it a lot at the time and a bit since...this is out of character for me, I'm not a big ponderer....I tend to make my mind up, and that's how it'll be.

I think it just comes down to liking a challenge, and a lot of those asspain girls keep the challenge up for you...keep you on your toes. Ideally this would be in a way that inspires you to improve yourself (since this is SF, lets say she is an asspain about dressing like a slob...she gets on you about it, and your better dressed for the asspain for example). It's easy to get trapped in this as a way to appease her instead however, at which point, you end up emasculated and beaten over it. Thankfully she left before it got to that point with us, and I'm pretty sure given some of the events of our time together that indicated that she would have been given marching orders before that point...but I'll give her this...she has something about her. Her ex before me - who is basically a little bitch - is still whipped over it.
post #66 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@T View Post
Ive fallen victim to that exactly once. The point.five of a gf referenced in the friends-with-exes thread the other day. Pondered it a lot at the time and a bit since...this is out of character for me, I'm not a big ponderer....I tend to make my mind up, and that's how it'll be. I think it just comes down to liking a challenge, and a lot of those asspain girls keep the challenge up for you...keep you on your toes. Ideally this would be in a way that inspires you to improve yourself (since this is SF, lets say she is an asspain about dressing like a slob...she gets on you about it, and your better dressed for the asspain for example). It's easy to get trapped in this as a way to appease her instead however, at which point, you end up emasculated and beaten over it. Thankfully she left before it got to that point with us, and I'm pretty sure given some of the events of our time together that indicated that she would have been given marching orders before that point...but I'll give her this...she has something about her. Her ex before me - who is basically a little bitch - is still whipped over it.
Some girls just have the "smile [tear, wink, etc.] that launched a thousand ships." There's nothing you can do about it, except to extricate yourself from the situation before it's too late. There are many that never even realized what hit them.
post #67 of 76
Run young man, run while you still can.
post #68 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post
Miraculously, she became pregnant

How did that happen? Was he not using protection? Was he relying on HER to take her pills? That's always a bad call!
post #69 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarim View Post
How did that happen? Was he not using protection? Was he relying on HER to take her pills? That's always a bad call!

+1

Remember, a single and succesful man at forty, given he has some modicrum of game, will be far more in demand than a forty year old woman. Time is on your side, the whole marriage shebang as of the moment is a 50/50 thing. Either she gets your money when she divorces you, or she sucks up your money as a 'house wife', given she has zero potential to pull her own weight.
post #70 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarim View Post
How did that happen? Was he not using protection? Was he relying on HER to take her pills? That's always a bad call!

Protection - with his wife???!!!

Isn't that one of the top 5 reasons to get into a long term relationship in the first place?
post #71 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjg22 View Post
Protection - with his wife???!!! Isn't that one of the top 5 reasons to get into a long term relationship in the first place?
1. Emotional security 2. Financial security 3. Procreation 4. No condoms 5. Fear of dying allone
post #72 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjg22 View Post
Protection - with his wife???!!!
Well, if they want to have sex but don't want her to get pregnant, one of them needs to use some sort of a preventive method.
post #73 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_kev View Post
Man I got a DILEMMA...

How do you know if you and your girlfriend arent right for each other?? She has a heart of gold but we can't communicate without arguing and she has no drive or ambition (apart from wanting a dog). Zero. when she talks I switch off. When I try and tell her somethin she bristles. Man, the list of problems goes on and on - she just remembers the good stuff though. She's 100% loyal and in love with me. WTF aya supposed to do?

Everytime I get to the point of breaking up with her I get 'the fear'. How can I know for sure the problem isnt just me being a moody, miserable baastard??

Normally I'm not such a chicken shit but I'm afraid of gettin this wrong

You might be the stupidest person I've ever encountered.

By all means dive in deeper and make it work no matter what the cost. Isn't it obvious?
post #74 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarim View Post
Well, if they want to have sex but don't want her to get pregnant, one of them needs to use some sort of a preventive method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarim View Post
How did that happen? Was he not using protection? Was he relying on HER to take her pills? That's always a bad call!

I was responding to your comment in which you yourself made the (correct) assumption that a married woman would generally be on the pill. Keep in mind that it isn't 100% effective, and so there are instances where an individual is on the pill but "accidents" happen.

But, you're right, if a couple doesn't want to get pregnant, one of them needs to use some sort of "preventative method". Thanks for the sex ed tip, Captain Obvious.
post #75 of 76
Tell her to put an egg in her shoe and beat it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Dump my girlfriend or try harder????