or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › FREE Hermes Tie! AND THE WINNER IS.......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FREE Hermes Tie! AND THE WINNER IS.......

post #1 of 53
Thread Starter 
So since I started lurking in August and joined in October, I have found this to be one of the most informative, fun and overall great sites I have visited. I've learned alot, and blown a few grand. Thanks guys. Since starting on B&S a few monthes ago, I have had a blast selling and buying from you fine group of gentlemen.

Lately, I feel that the tone of the forum has turned away from the fun of it with all these "I hate this" and "should we change this" threads. Not that they are not warranted, people have opinions. However, I want to get some positivity and fun stuff back on teh forum.

I got this Hermes tie from the most excellent DoctorJ from his "Toys for Ties" thread by donating a new toy to a child in need at his local hospital. I want to pass on the good karma on this tie for having you guys sound off on what you love about SF B&S. Im starting this thread on a Wednesday night, and the best and most sincere response at the end of Sunday night, 1/10 gets this tie for free. Shipped anywhere in the world.





Ill start. I love the fact that you can bump your thread endlessly and you can take paypal personal as a payment.
post #2 of 53
i love my fellow members who say "i'll take it!" and you never hear from them again
post #3 of 53
I love that you're generous enough to do this. This forum, although it has its bad apples, is full of nice and generous people. There are a lot of members here who go out of thier way for others or just do genuinely nice things for another. Basically I love the comradery that exists. Not looking for the tie though, just putting my two cents.
post #4 of 53
Amen to the comraderie. It's instant and real, and I'm looking forward to the time I actually bump into someone familiar with this site and we talk 'bout threads.

I also love the posters who invariably say "oh oh oh oh! I WOULD get that $1200 Thom Browne overcoat, but dang it, it's the wrong size!" I think I'm guilty of that once or twice, but I love me so at least I'm consistent.
post #5 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq View Post
Amen to the comraderie. It's instant and real, and I'm looking forward to the time I actually bump into someone familiar with this site and we talk 'bout threads.

I also love the posters who invariably say "oh oh oh oh! I WOULD get that $1200 Thom Browne overcoat, but dang it, it's the wrong size!" I think I'm guilty of that once or twice, but I love me so at least I'm consistent.

I do this, but only when I am serious. There are only about a handful of sales I've backed out of (and I've made easily ~100)
post #6 of 53
Its the only place where one can look at photos of good looking well dressed men without questioning their sexuality preference, whether they be gay or straight
post #7 of 53
I'll never wear this tie--it's way too nice for me as a junior academic, and I'd be terrified of spoiling it, so please don't take my 2c as an "entry"!

I too love the comradeship of this forum! Through the generosity of others I've secured some beautiful clothes incredibly cheaply that I couldn't otherwise have afforded, and have had several members educate me on their particular interests by PM when they were selling things related to them that I was interested in. I now carry a beautiful French pocket knife everyday as a result!

And, as a seller (mainly of tradly items, like tweeds) I love how decent and straightforward people are here. I've sold things to members in many different countries, and everything's always been smooth and straightforward. This forum, for all the occasional spats, really confirms my belief that people are fundamentally decent and pleasant. And, of course, I'm happy to "pay forward" the getting of lovely things to people.

Thanks, chaps!
post #8 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Ill start. I love the fact that you can bump your thread endlessly and you can take paypal personal as a payment.

++++++100043904890


im with you. and great thing you are doing. looks like all the cool cats and generous cats are relaxed.

the ones who complain alot are all self centered.

that is what i like about this forum.
post #9 of 53
I have been on this forum for a little under a year, and what I enjoy most about this forum is the sheer generousity of the people on it, and the encouragement people give towards others. Leafing through WAYWT, I see hundreds of pages of compliments, and hundreds of pages of encouragement. I think the world would be a little bit of a better place if people took this same attitude towards people in the real world

My 2c
post #10 of 53
Thread Starter 
8 posts in and THATS what Im talking about fellas! This is the kind of thread I wanted. Keep it up!

Lulz at the Col. response.. My wife noticed me looking at WAYWRN a few nights in a row and gave me the WTF face
post #11 of 53
Dear SF B&S,

I love you.
Not the way the round kid loves a pie.
Not the way a mother loves her child.
Not the way a king loves his court.
I love you like a bro loves a bro.

We've had our ups and our downs. Sometimes you're bumped endlessly. Sometimes you request 3% or PP after I've paid. Sometimes, you even go so far as to misrepresent the color of the garment.
All water under the bridge, my dear friend.

It's things like your surreal discounts that make me feel wanted; the way you shame the finest of goats by liquidating their cashmere to 15% of its retail value puts the curviest of smiles on my face, and the softest of touches to my nipples.
It's the way you include free shipping to Canada.
It's the way you throw in a shirt worth more than my purchase for no extra charge (yes, this happened)
It's the way you offer kiton quality at target prices.
It's the way you beckon me with your bumping-hardened hands, to give me items with the softest hand.
SF B&S, bro, I love you. I really do. and I'm not just saying this for the tie. I think we have something special. Something timeless, something perfect. Something I like to call my own.
For that, SF Buy and Sell, I salute you.

-Andrew
post #12 of 53
That better win
post #13 of 53
I love many things about the B&S forum on SF.

First off (and a pretty obvious one), I love the amazing deals that can be procured on here with just a few clicks of the mouse. Being a first year university student without much money, B&S has helped me get things that would otherwise have been too expensive to purchase. For example, I got a nice interview suit for $50, whereas without B&S i would've been stuck going to Men's Wearhouse or something and paying more for an inferior suit.

Secondly, I love the friendliness, helpfulness and generosity of the people on B&S (and SF in general). This thread is a perfect example of that. The tie in question was gotten through a very generous offer on the part of DoctorJ , who unselfishly donated his ties in order to help sick children get through their ordeals. And then you add in SpooPoker, who donated toys to DoctorJ in the first place, and is now offering this tie up for donation. I wish the whole world was like this, and while I donate a few dollars here and there to various causes, I am anxiously awaiting the day when I have the means to really give back and help out whoever I can. The fine gentlemen (and occasional lady) on SF have served as a testament to the good that we as humans can do for one another, and I am proud to call myself a member of Style Forum.

Thirdly, I love the atmosphere of integrity and trust that surrounds the transactions here in the B&S forum. Before I came here, I was skeptical of internet purchasing on Ebay and the like. Here though, I actually feel perfectly fine with sending a complete stranger my name, address and money, because I feel confident that they are an upstanding and trustworthy person. Of course you'll get the odd case where something goes wrong, but that is the exception rather than the rule.

Fourthly, I love the fact that I could continue writing this post until my fingers were bloody stumps. The sheer amount of goodness and camaraderie on this forum could fill much more space than I have time to write right now.

I would love to receive this beautiful tie, and would surely put it to good use. I would also be equally happy to see it go to someone else who would enjoy it, so I will leave the decision up to SpooPoker. Thank you kind sir for this wonderful act of generosity. If you want a shortened version of what I love about SF B&S, see the OP by SpooPoker, and that will give you an idea of what I love about this forum.
post #14 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibadiba View Post
Dear SF B&S,

I love you.
Not the way the round kid loves a pie.
Not the way a mother loves her child.
Not the way a king loves his court.
I love you like a bro loves a bro.

We've had our ups and our downs. Sometimes you're bumped endlessly. Sometimes you request 3% or PP after I've paid. Sometimes, you even go so far as to misrepresent the color of the garment.
All water under the bridge, my dear friend.

It's things like your surreal discounts that make me feel wanted; the way you shame the finest of goats by liquidating their cashmere to 15% of its retail value puts the curviest of smiles on my face, and the softest of touches to my nipples.
It's the way you include free shipping to Canada.
It's the way you throw in a shirt worth more than my purchase for no extra charge (yes, this happened)
It's the way you offer kiton quality at target prices.
It's the way you beckon me with your bumping-hardened hands, to give me items with the softest hand.
SF B&S, bro, I love you. I really do. and I'm not just saying this for the tie. I think we have something special. Something timeless, something perfect. Something I like to call my own.
For that, SF Buy and Sell, I salute you.

-Andrew

winner winner chicken dinner!1
post #15 of 53
I never really went on the discussion forums much so most of my lurkings took place in the B&S forum. I love how I got to learn countless obscure brands that I wasn't aware that they existed. Not too long ago, I was the typical student wearing Levi's jeans and American Eagle hoodies. Now I rock the streets with my EG's and RLBL suit along with my Kiton shirt and tie like a true high baller. Another thing I noticed was that I now look down upon anybody not wearing SF-approved brands which is basically 99.9% of the people I see and 100% of my friends.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › FREE Hermes Tie! AND THE WINNER IS.......