• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you use a different moisturizer before bed than you do in the morning?

boxdiver

Reaction score
Right now I'm using the Jack Black moisturizer in the morning and at night.

With there being night creams out there, are they that much different than a morning moisturizer? What do you use?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're aware that the vast majority of posters here are male, aren't you?

Kris

Reaction score
I'm uncircumcised, so I don't need to use lotion in the morning or the night. And I prefer to bang my wife instead of jacking off, anyway.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I usually jerk off in the shower with conditioner. Suave apple scented is very nice.

Invicta

Reaction score
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

boxdiver

Reaction score
Wait let me get this straight:

You'll spend $500 on a pair of shoes, $1000 on a winter jacket, and $2000+ on a suit, along with various other items that cost over $100, but there's something wrong with using a $50 creme that will last 2-3 months and protects your face?

So it's more important to pose as if you're rich to impress others than to take care of your face and not age faster than you should?

Tarzan

Reaction score
According to Dr Hauschka's advice it might be a better idea not to use a moisturizer at night to let your skin breathe and balance itself while sleeping.
I usually follow this advice. If you absolutely want to use a night treatment, maybe a good choice would be a serum like the Ren Omega 3 that I have tried and is excellent or the Zirh correct which I have also tried but is a bit more sticky and annoys me when I put my cheek on the pillow. Still very good as an aftershave.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boxdiver
Wait let me get this straight:

You'll spend $500 on a pair of shoes, $1000 on a winter jacket, and $2000+ on a suit, along with various other items that cost over $100, but there's something wrong with using a $50 creme that will last 2-3 months and protects your face?

So it's more important to pose as if you're rich to impress others than to take care of your face and not age faster than you should?

Good point.

mehhhh

Reaction score
I pretty much feel like the OP owned everyone who posted mocking his thread. I also feel like everyone who posted making fun of the OP not only uses a different moisturizer in the morning and at night, but also uses a third moisturizer after lunch every day.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^It's good that you're still happy.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Invicta
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Patrick Bateman?

iampeter

Reaction score
yes, i do. Alpha Hydrox 10% AHA lotion at night Olay SPF 15 day. the older zinc based SPF, not the new avobenzone reformulation
frown.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
You're aware that the vast majority of posters here are male, aren't you?

+1

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do

For day, it's usually whatever is the most lightweight, or sunscreen. I dont like the feeling of heavy moisturizers, so I use them at night when I sleep. For night time, nothing is better than pure apricot or jojoba oil. Sometimes I use Korres yogurt cooling gel. It's not as moisturizing, but the cool feeling is very relaxing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads