or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Sea Shepherd's new boat vs Japanese Whalers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sea Shepherd's new boat vs Japanese Whalers - Page 5

post #61 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post
That's where we part ways...you couldn't pay me enough to eat you.

redcaimen would prefer that you lick him to eating him
post #62 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post
That's where we part ways...you couldn't pay me enough to eat you.

Would you sacrifice a cashmere sweater for me?
post #63 of 162
[quote=youngscientist;2822375][quote=imatlas;2822286]Nice little logical FAILacy you've got going there.
Quote:

Nah, just not going to be a hypocrite. From what you have said you are not, I would be. I do think should not protect whales, it just annoys me how self righteous people get about this stuff, whilst doing things that are just as bad themselves and prioritise protecting things that are prominently visible or cute whilst neglecting what are often bigger issues.

Agreed. Sharks are being harvested at an incredible rate, and 99% of the meat is thrown overboard. Nobody really gives a shit because sharks are scary and ugly.
post #64 of 162
Fuck humans yo.
post #65 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcaimen View Post
Would you sacrifice a cashmere sweater for me?

Never! You'll pry my cashmere from my cold, dead fingers!
post #66 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by quevola View Post
...Simply, as a just society, we need to help protect all species that cannot protect themselves.

Some shit just makes you go WOW. I only hope you can't vote.
post #67 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by quevola View Post
...Simply, as a just society, we need to help protect all species that cannot protect themselves.

...
LL
post #68 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBDB View Post
Some shit just makes you go WOW. I only hope you can't vote.

And you can go fuck your Canadian self.
post #69 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by quevola View Post
And you can go fuck your Canadian self.

Hear hear!
post #70 of 162
The Ady Gil was way too awesome of a boat to let these douchebag fishermen get away with this. The fact these fishermen deliberately destroyed one of the coolest speedboats in the world, really pisses me off. I sort of want to donate money to their cause, in hope they will build another one.

Also who the hell rams a boat off the coast of Antartica? If that other boat hadn't been there these people could have easily died.

Quote:
"The Shonan Maru did a quick turn and came in real fast, they were aiming for the cockpit, where the crew were, and fortunately we got the engines in reverse and backed up just enough so that the front of the ship was torn off instead of hitting the cockpit.

Truly a dick move on the part of the Japanese fishers.
post #71 of 162
Well if they were going to fuck up the boat they should have just given it to me.
post #72 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by onion View Post
The Ady Gil was way too awesome of a boat to let these douchebag fishermen get away with this. The fact these fishermen deliberately destroyed one of the coolest speedboats in the world, really pisses me off. I sort of want to donate money to their cause, in hope they will build another one.

Also who the hell rams a boat off the coast of Antartica? If that other boat hadn't been there these people could have easily died.



Truly a dick move on the part of the Japanese fishers.

Not to be any more provacative than I was with the bed-wetter above but in the video it looks like the speedboat sails into the side of the japanese vessel. I agree that it looks like a very cool speedboat and its just fortunate that no (human) lives were lost. I just wish that there were more constructive ways that the issues could be addressed than jeopardizing peoples lives.
post #73 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBDB View Post
Not to be any more provacative than I was with the bed-wetter above but in the video it looks like the speedboat sails into the side of the japanese vessel. I agree that it looks like a very cool speedboat and its just fortunate that no (human) lives were lost. I just wish that there were more constructive ways that the issues could be addressed than jeopardizing peoples lives.

Yes you are so provacative - is that what they call cocksuckers nowadays?
post #74 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngscientist View Post
Has anyone here eaten whale? Only it might taste really delicious, that surely would be a reason to kill them.
We kill and eat pigs using that justification and they are pretty damn smart (although not endangered as some whales are).

I have -- it tastes like bacon. I had whale sushi in Japan... it was pretty good.
post #75 of 162
I have had whale several times. Its really good, like super tender beef. That aside, Japanese whaling practices are done as "scientific research" with the meat sold to market after the "research" is done. The biggest problem with this is that it has only amounted to one paper published. The demand for whale meat is also very low here. A couple years ago the head of the Ministry of Health (think like the Surgeon General), announced that the mercury content of the whales that were sold in most grocery stores were so high in mercury that a single bite would be detrimental to pregnant women. Since then the demand has been so low that most of the meat rots in storage before its ever prepped and sold, or its used in government subsidized school lunches. So please, when you state your argument about whaling don't blame the Japanese as a whole, its the government. The government here sucks. As a side I do believe that the whaling continues because whalers are hard of hearing and think they are hunting Gojira (Godzilla) since the Japanese word for Whale is "Kujira"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Sea Shepherd's new boat vs Japanese Whalers