or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots - Page 21

post #301 of 1915
^ they will, it's probably best to use an insole with these.
post #302 of 1915
honestly, dayton has no idea what they are talking about, even in regards to their own sizing. my foot length measurement is 10.25 inches. I told them this, they sized me at an 8.5. I received the boots and they were an inch long. I told them this and they suggested I size down to an 8. In light of all of this sizing confusion on SF, I called again just now and asked point blank, what does a foot with length 10.25 measure to and she said 8.5. there's no way that everything that they are telling people is true because it all contradicts each other.
We'll see if the new boots fit...I'm skeptical.
post #303 of 1915
FYI - anyone that is using the brannock/inch conversion chart on wikipedia, it appears to be wrong compared to the chart on brannock's own site.

Maybe this is where some of the confusion is coming from?
post #304 of 1915
Quote:
Originally Posted by constantine. View Post
can anyone speak to the comfort of this boot?

i really think i might pull the trigger and call dayton tomorrow, but are these things gonna kill my feet?

thanks dogz

if you are used to wearing real shoes and not super cushy running shoes, these are actually quite comfortable. Not as comfy as my favorite pair of aldens, but definitely acceptable.
post #305 of 1915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1 View Post
honestly, dayton has no idea what they are talking about, even in regards to their own sizing. my foot length measurement is 10.25 inches. I told them this, they sized me at an 8.5. I received the boots and they were an inch long. I told them this and they suggested I size down to an 8. In light of all of this sizing confusion on SF, I called again just now and asked point blank, what does a foot with length 10.25 measure to and she said 8.5. there's no way that everything that they are telling people is true because it all contradicts each other.
We'll see if the new boots fit...I'm skeptical.

did you put in an insole?
post #306 of 1915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1 View Post
honestly, dayton has no idea what they are talking about, even in regards to their own sizing. my foot length measurement is 10.25 inches. I told them this, they sized me at an 8.5. I received the boots and they were an inch long. I told them this and they suggested I size down to an 8. In light of all of this sizing confusion on SF, I called again just now and asked point blank, what does a foot with length 10.25 measure to and she said 8.5. there's no way that everything that they are telling people is true because it all contradicts each other.
We'll see if the new boots fit...I'm skeptical.

width and heel to ball length are more important than heel to toe length. I think I measure around 10.5" and have a pair of 10s that fit just fine, sure there is some extra length but that isn't a problem for me (as long as it isn't clown long where you trip over your toes). Size down to get the width and foot volume right, wouldn't get to concerned with overall length.
post #307 of 1915
I didn't put an insole in the boots that were an inch too big. That's asking a little much of the insoles. Plus, part of the reason why you buy leather soled shoes is to have them mold to your feet, and with so much of an insole, that won't happen. Plus, a shoe that is an inch too big for you inevitably looks too big too. A shoe that is a 1/4 inch long doesn't look bad, but an inch? now that's looking clunky. If the new shoes are a tad long, I will use an insole, sure.
post #308 of 1915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1 View Post
I didn't put an insole in the boots that were an inch too big. That's asking a little much of the insoles. Plus, part of the reason why you buy leather soled shoes is to have them mold to your feet, and with so much of an insole, that won't happen. Plus, a shoe that is an inch too big for you inevitably looks too big too. A shoe that is a 1/4 inch long doesn't look bad, but an inch? now that's looking clunky. If the new shoes are a tad long, I will use an insole, sure.
As for me, I prefer if it is slightly bigger as my feet are.....small... makes it look a bit more proportional. i'm really doubting that a size 6 is the right size for me though :x do they fit just like CPs or do they fit a bit larger?
post #309 of 1915
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post
As for me, I prefer if it is slightly bigger as my feet are.....small... makes it look a bit more proportional. i'm really doubting that a size 6 is the right size for me though :x

do they fit just like CPs or do they fit a bit larger?

fit larger than CPs, 10EE daytons>43CP. Maybe a half size in width/volume, probably a full size in length. This may not scale equally all the way down to a size 6.
post #310 of 1915
anyone puttingany treatment on the nubuck/charcoals?
post #311 of 1915
i think it'd be better just to wear the shit out of the charcoals. treatment is probably going to ruin the nubuck
post #312 of 1915
i didn't put anything on mine and look fine. they've been through hell.
post #313 of 1915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1 View Post
honestly, dayton has no idea what they are talking about, even in regards to their own sizing. my foot length measurement is 10.25 inches. I told them this, they sized me at an 8.5. I received the boots and they were an inch long. I told them this and they suggested I size down to an 8. In light of all of this sizing confusion on SF, I called again just now and asked point blank, what does a foot with length 10.25 measure to and she said 8.5. there's no way that everything that they are telling people is true because it all contradicts each other.
We'll see if the new boots fit...I'm skeptical.

An inch long meaning there is an inch of boot at the end of your foot? That's not unusual.
Also, it's not like all 10.25" long feet are the same shape.
post #314 of 1915
no, mine were an inch longer than they should have been, in my mind. From the tip of the boot (not the soul, but where the leather upper ended) to the tip of my big toe, was over 2 inches. So in my mind, that's about an inch long, especially considering this is not a sharp, pointy toe box, but rather a rounded one. sorry to beat a dead horse here with the sizing. 'don't mean to bogaard the thread. They're awesome boots.
post #315 of 1915
I called them to change my size from a 7 to a 6E and I wear 7 in Chucks and 40 in CP. I can fit in a 39 but it is too snug. To the people still worried about sizing, I'd go one size down based on what you normally wear. I hope I'm right with this lol. To the guy worried about the size 6, check this thread out if you haven't: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=157572
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots