Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Seavees 5 Eye Trail Boots Tobacco - US 10 Last post on 8/28/16 at 6:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots - Page 128post #1907 of 19424/30/13 at 10:37pmpost #1908 of 19424/30/13 at 10:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by ceoceo
There was a problem with the last of the left boot that was causing blisters on my left heel after months of wearing them. The cobbler said the problem could be solved only if the shoes were re-lasted. I sent them back to the factory, chalked the spot with the problem with a letter that stated the problem and told them specifically not to stretch them. Guess what, after a month I get a phone call telling me that they have stretched the left boot. I tell them that's not the problem as I have repeatedly stated over the phone and on e mail. Another month passes and I get the boots back. Re-lasted boot. Nice. Except.. the left foot is stretched noticeably. Left and right don't even look the same anymore. The left foot now not only is roomy, it looks swollen.
Those people must be incompetent or something.post #1909 of 19425/2/13 at 6:50amas the owner of a pair of service boots that were thankfully not botched (the workmanship still leaves much to be desired), i can safely say that the boots are not really worth the money. they're fucking heavy as hell. their only purpose in my wardrobe is as snow boots. invest your money in a better pair of boots.post #1910 of 19427/11/13 at 7:03ampost #1911 of 19427/11/13 at 1:55pm
Just thought I'd chime in since Dayton took a well-deserved (at the time) beating at points in this thread for their QC and customer service. I've been looking for some new boots for a while and was considering Dayton, Alden, 1000 miles, Red Wing, etc. Ended up choosing Dayton largely because I'm local and wanted to support a 65 year old Vancouver company.
They responded to my emails very quickly, even late at night. Went into the store and got sized up perfectly. They were ready in less time than they told me. And I've had them for a month or so and have noticed no issues with the build quality at all. Leather is great. Fit is perfect and I find them quite comfortable once broken in (took a couple hours). The topy on the sole is stitched on now and the heel is nailed down. Really love the shape. Considering getting another pair in charcoal nubuck sometime down the road.
At 500 bucks, they're getting up there in price, unfortunately. Got mine for $425, which is a bit more reasonable, and I'm definitely happy with them at that price.
Maybe they're starting to work out their issues from a couple years ago. Just my two cents.post #1912 of 19427/15/13 at 3:48amQuote:Originally Posted by click here
For those who own these boots, do you find it uncomfortable to wear? Because they don't have insoles in them to me the boots just feels so hard, needs more cushion. Would getting them resoled help? I have used an insole but there is not enough room in the front of the boot.
I wear mine without insoles and I have flat feet.
They are very comfortable now.
I've worn them pretty solid for about 3 years now.post #1913 of 19429/18/14 at 8:02amPSA: Dayton Service Boots on Massdrop, $399 if they meet a certain amount. The nubuck black with leather sole could be a nice pickup. Despite all the stuff that went down in this thread, they are a handsome boot...
edit: black only comes with Vibran sole. Still, not bad.post #1914 of 19429/25/14 at 6:31pmpost #1915 of 19429/26/14 at 6:09ampost #1916 of 194212/21/14 at 1:24pmpost #1917 of 194212/21/14 at 2:46pmpost #1918 of 19421/2/15 at 10:09pm[IMG]
Picked up a pair of these charcoal nubuck service boots a week ago and must say so far I'm very impressed. They're breaking in nicely and are very comfortable. For reference these are a EEE width on the itshide commando club outsole. I got these for $400 CAD compared to the $800 CAD I would have had to spend on the viberg smoke Kudu's. So far happy with my choice.post #1919 of 19421/2/15 at 10:12pmpost #1920 of 19421/3/15 at 8:35amQuote:Originally Posted by kagebo
[IMG] Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those look great ... congrats.
Are you local to Dayton or did you get lucky with sizing?
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 seconds ago
- › Strand Dainite Resole Thickness? 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › RING JACKET Sport Coat for Sale - Size 36R, $300, OBO 3 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 8 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...