or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots - Page 125

post #1861 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post

Why the hell did they do that?

It's never been clear, but at least one ex-employee has posted in this thread...
post #1862 of 1913

I'll take a wild guess and it's due to $$$$$$

post #1863 of 1913
Another sale at Dayton Boots, go to facebook for details.

$75 off.
post #1864 of 1913

How have your guys' W+H versions been holding up?  Thinking of getting a used pair in charcoal to use as my go-tos, not sure if that's a good decision since* they're still moderately high in price (to me at least)


Edited by NotCrispy - 2/26/13 at 12:24am
post #1865 of 1913
I've worn my charcoals practically daily for over a year out here in Korea. They need a resole but otherwise they've gotten better with age. Do it.
post #1866 of 1913

9 in Clarks DB w/ some space, 41 CP (tight fit), 9.5 Nike tight fit = 8 in these right?  Or 8.5

edit: or either with an insole?

post #1867 of 1913
Sounds about right. I sized down one and a half from my brannock size but then again I have a narrow low volume foot. Search the thread to confirm as I haven't worn any of that in a while.
post #1868 of 1913
Does anyone know if you can get the current service boot made with nubuck?
post #1869 of 1913
Dotcomzz, can you post some pics? Ive worn mine for about half a year, and it looks VERY worn.

Phonics, im pretty sure you can. You can even order a dsquared-ish boots with orange, blue and yellow if you are willing to pay and wait more.
post #1870 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

Dotcomzz, can you post some pics? Ive worn mine for about half a year, and it looks VERY worn.

Phonics, im pretty sure you can. You can even order a dsquared-ish boots with orange, blue and yellow if you are willing to pay and wait more.

Do you have any pics of yours?

post #1871 of 1913
There's an image up in the Contentendness thread, but it's not very good. I'll try to remember to post a few more when I get off work.
post #1872 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcomzzz View Post

There's an image up in the Contentendness thread, but it's not very good. I'll try to remember to post a few more when I get off work.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/303455/the-contentedness-thread/300#post_5759219 is the pair? These look almost like black oil-tanned leather in the pic, you said before they're charcoal nubuck?

post #1873 of 1913
That's them. There's a monsoon season here in the summer so I treated them pretty much out of the box with ok oil. But they're the charcoal nubucks. At least they were.
post #1874 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcomzzz View Post

That's them. There's a monsoon season here in the summer so I treated them pretty much out of the box with ok oil. But they're the charcoal nubucks. At least they were.

Gotcha--noticed you're not rocking the leather laces either. I didn't explicitly specify on mine, but I said I basically wanted the w+h boot, so hopefully mine come with them.

post #1875 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcomzzz View Post

That's them. There's a monsoon season here in the summer so I treated them pretty much out of the box with ok oil. But they're the charcoal nubucks. At least they were.

I saw your post on the Contentedness thread... I'm so glad you are enjoying them! They look great. This is what they looked like new.

I also posted comparison photos of the boots here (next to the same boot straight from Dayton, i.e. not W+H).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots