Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots - Page 123
Styleforum Top Picks
Haven't read more than the last few pages for sake of time...but any other boots similar styling to these (in charcoal) since these seem to be hellish to actually get?
Also, searching through old threads about them, it seems a lot of people have been selling them on B&S. Is that mainly due to sizing/heel slip that everybody's been talking about?
I just picked up a pair of oiled black 7.5 Daytons and I really dig them. Yes, there are obvious flaws, but I don't care. Very much of a handmade feel to my boots, and most importantly, they fit me well. I have flat feet and the front of the boots seem low and somewhat shallow, so I can see how these may not fit someone with a high instep. But for me, these are great (just bought another pair off these forums in a size 7EE in a different color).
Question: I plan on wearing these boots over the winter. What has everyone been using to treat the oiled black leather and the brown boots? Obenaufs LP or something else?? I searched through some of the thread and didn't come up with much.
Edited by skcheng - 11/17/12 at 7:40am
^ hey, one question. Do you find oiled black stiff? I own a pair in charcoal nubuck and oiled black, while nubuck is buttery soft and broke in nicely in a couple weeks the oiled black pair gives me blisters after almost 50 miles of mileage. Both of them are supposed to be the same size but now I am wondering if they messed it up again.
I've only just tried them on so far, but they feel pretty comfortable to me. I wouldn't call the oiled black buttery soft, but I'd say it's fairly supple. I should get a brown pair in soon, and I'll compare the two? Are you wearing insoles? If so, which ones? I was just going to try to wear mine without any?
Did you treat your nubuck and oiled black boots with anything?
These are great. Molded reinforced toe is interesting. Been wearing them all afternoon/evening and they seem to fit me perfectly. I've never worn shoes/boots without insoles? Will these mold to my feet somewhat after wearing them for a while? I guess I'll order some of Dayton's Oil to try on the boots.
I love these boots. Now I want a brown/possibly dressier pair. Been in contact with the folks over at Dayton and I'm trying to decide between their new Hurricane leather, or possibly the Bourbon. Dressier leather (unpainted soles, nailed Topy on the heel. Matching eyelets, thicker tongue (not the thin stuff that they use sometimes) and no "Dayton" stamp on the front. Size 7.5 E which I now know is the correct size after buying several pairs.
Anyone have either of these leather colors:
Edited by skcheng - 12/23/12 at 5:27pm
- What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 34 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Help me understand my color choices 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...