Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on Today at 10:44 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 8/27/15 at 7:39am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots - Page 123
Styleforum Top Picks
Haven't read more than the last few pages for sake of time...but any other boots similar styling to these (in charcoal) since these seem to be hellish to actually get?
Also, searching through old threads about them, it seems a lot of people have been selling them on B&S. Is that mainly due to sizing/heel slip that everybody's been talking about?
I just picked up a pair of oiled black 7.5 Daytons and I really dig them. Yes, there are obvious flaws, but I don't care. Very much of a handmade feel to my boots, and most importantly, they fit me well. I have flat feet and the front of the boots seem low and somewhat shallow, so I can see how these may not fit someone with a high instep. But for me, these are great (just bought another pair off these forums in a size 7EE in a different color).
Question: I plan on wearing these boots over the winter. What has everyone been using to treat the oiled black leather and the brown boots? Obenaufs LP or something else?? I searched through some of the thread and didn't come up with much.
Edited by skcheng - 11/17/12 at 7:40am
^ hey, one question. Do you find oiled black stiff? I own a pair in charcoal nubuck and oiled black, while nubuck is buttery soft and broke in nicely in a couple weeks the oiled black pair gives me blisters after almost 50 miles of mileage. Both of them are supposed to be the same size but now I am wondering if they messed it up again.
I've only just tried them on so far, but they feel pretty comfortable to me. I wouldn't call the oiled black buttery soft, but I'd say it's fairly supple. I should get a brown pair in soon, and I'll compare the two? Are you wearing insoles? If so, which ones? I was just going to try to wear mine without any?
Did you treat your nubuck and oiled black boots with anything?
These are great. Molded reinforced toe is interesting. Been wearing them all afternoon/evening and they seem to fit me perfectly. I've never worn shoes/boots without insoles? Will these mold to my feet somewhat after wearing them for a while? I guess I'll order some of Dayton's Oil to try on the boots.
I love these boots. Now I want a brown/possibly dressier pair. Been in contact with the folks over at Dayton and I'm trying to decide between their new Hurricane leather, or possibly the Bourbon. Dressier leather (unpainted soles, nailed Topy on the heel. Matching eyelets, thicker tongue (not the thin stuff that they use sometimes) and no "Dayton" stamp on the front. Size 7.5 E which I now know is the correct size after buying several pairs.
Anyone have either of these leather colors:
Edited by skcheng - 12/23/12 at 5:27pm
- What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Advice on hopsack suit for upcoming wedding 53 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Critique this MTM casual shirt 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 11 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 13 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015