Edited by impolyt_one - 12/21/11 at 6:38pm
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots - Page 109post #1621 of 194012/16/11 at 2:01pmpost #1622 of 194012/16/11 at 2:12pmpost #1623 of 194012/16/11 at 2:20pmpost #1624 of 194012/16/11 at 2:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by notwithit
If Dayton really is going under, they must have much bigger problems than a few Internet nerds who spent a few thousand dollars on defective and/or undelivered goods. D&B lists them as a $1.4 million company. Then again, it also lists them as "high risk" for defaulting on a loan.Quote:
I can imagine him saying something like "hey, watch this guys!"post #1625 of 194012/16/11 at 2:21pmpost #1626 of 194012/16/11 at 2:27pmpost #1627 of 194012/16/11 at 2:37pmpost #1628 of 194012/16/11 at 2:40pmpost #1629 of 194012/16/11 at 2:42pmpost #1630 of 194012/16/11 at 2:46pmpost #1631 of 194012/16/11 at 5:56pmAfter I got my refund back I wrote email to Stephen talking about the unreturnable emails / calls and the delay to non existent of my boots. This I'd what he came back with
Thanks for your email.
Our apologies for your experience. Certainly it was never our intent to mislead you
or in any way not be truthful with you. We ran into a number of problems internally
that prevented us from delivering on what we had promised in terms of timing. We had not
anticipated that our April Anniversary Sale would go viral and it really taxed our production
Your boots were done at least twice but one at least one occasion they did not pass final quality
inspection and were not acceptable in quality and should not have been shipped.
If there is good that can out of your experience, it forced us to look at both the people and the process
we were employing to make our boots. We have made the necessary changes and we are re-organizing our manufacturing process to prevent what happened to you from every happening again.
We hope that at some point in the future, you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.
Stephenpost #1632 of 194012/16/11 at 5:59pmpost #1633 of 194012/16/11 at 6:00pmpost #1634 of 194012/16/11 at 6:34pmTrue story: I stopped at Dayton a few weeks ago to take a look around and grab some leather laces, and Stephen was working the counter. I've been there a few times in the past couple of years and had never seen him there before so I found this a little odd, but whatever. He seemed like a really nice guy, and he gave me my laces and also some Dayton branded insoles free of charge when I mentioned that one of my new pairs fit a tad loose. A young, badass SWAT-type cop walked in and started browsing. When approached he said something about how some of his co-workers had recommended Dayton, and did they have any boots for him to wear on the job. Stephen proceeded to show him the most fugly, inappropriate pair of western-toe driver boots you could possibly imagine. I was thinking WTF are you doing, this guy is clearly looking for black leather x-boots or service boots with a vibram sole, you just lost a sale and a bunch of referrals down the road. The cop looked around for a while and walked out.
EDITED: Just read what I wrote and no I didn't actually say WTF, I was thinking it lol. Pretty clear disconnect between a CEO and his clientele.
Edited by Islander - 12/16/11 at 10:38pmpost #1635 of 194012/17/11 at 1:06amQuote:
you wanna meet and talk in person?................amateurs eh?
make a pair of boots out of your geek ass.
alot of people at that company had to deal with your little girl like diva shit!
if you ever saw me................and knew who i was, you would run for your fucking life.
choose your words next time geek!
last time i ever post on here.................get a life you fucks!
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 18 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 28 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 32 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Academia, Democrats, and Thoughtcrime 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway