or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots - Page 101

post #1501 of 1915
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingazn View Post

By popular request,
My OILED BROWN after extensive wear these last few months.
263
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

those lightened up quite a bit with wear...they look great

that was a bit of a ballsy move to dunk that pair a couple pages back but the results look good
post #1502 of 1915
Really want a pair. Anyone had a pair that will fit a true 8.5D-E (my brannock measurement) that they want to unload, let me know.
post #1503 of 1915
For those that didn't get a messed up pair, how are they holding up and do they feel like they're going to "last for a lifetime"? Would you buy them again or look for something else?
post #1504 of 1915
they don't feel as sturdy as my alden indy boots, but it's a different breed of boot imo. These are so nice, I'm selling my roy boot as I don't wear them because I wear these all the time. Could also be that I got the nubuck, but they've been holding up fine through rain, 1 foot of snow in boston, and regular sunny days in LA. I don't have any issues with them, but I might add a better topy, as it's already peeling off (could be due to the fact I soaked them). I'm overall really happy with them, I'm sorry so many people had issues with this company, real shame because if everyone got the quality of boot I got, there would be 100 pages of praises instead of confusion and hate.
post #1505 of 1915
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI View Post

Really want a pair. Anyone had a pair that will fit a true 8.5D-E (my brannock measurement) that they want to unload, let me know.

you'd probably be a 7.5 as well....
post #1506 of 1915
Anybody speak to Dayton lately via phone or email? They going MIA again.
post #1507 of 1915
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

Anybody speak to Dayton lately via phone or email? They going MIA again.

Never mind got them on the line. They do not know where my boots are, LOL. Spoke to Stephen he is looking into it.
post #1508 of 1915
Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock View Post

they don't feel as sturdy as my alden indy boots, but it's a different breed of boot imo. These are so nice, I'm selling my roy boot as I don't wear them because I wear these all the time. Could also be that I got the nubuck, but they've been holding up fine through rain, 1 foot of snow in boston, and regular sunny days in LA. I don't have any issues with them, but I might add a better topy, as it's already peeling off (could be due to the fact I soaked them). I'm overall really happy with them, I'm sorry so many people had issues with this company, real shame because if everyone got the quality of boot I got, there would be 100 pages of praises instead of confusion and hate.

Yeah i don't expect them to be as sturdy like leather boots b/c they are nubuck, but its good to know they are holding up and surviving the elements.
post #1509 of 1915
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

Never mind got them on the line. They do not know where my boots are, LOL. Spoke to Stephen he is looking into it.

blows my mind people are having such a terrible time with this. my only contact with them was calling to order and then getting my product....think if i had such a bad time, wouldn't even bother with this company..
post #1510 of 1915
I got mine today. They are an amazing deal, the leather on mine is supersoft and the construction seems to be bulletproof. The only slight annoyance I've noticed about seems to be that they are a bit hard to put on, but that could be because of my high arch.
post #1511 of 1915
Still people without their orders? I'll wait a while longer then, that is, if they aren't going out of business with the layoffs and Granville store closure. Used to be that one would be confident in buying a pair of Daytons knowing they'd last a lifetime, not sure about now. Maybe I'll look into other brands, didn't Viberg have a similar but higher quality boot?
post #1512 of 1915
Yeah, I'm still waiting on my re-makes. I told them not to rush, so I'm not holding my breath or calling them up or anything.
post #1513 of 1915
What was wrong with your first pair? I noticed on some of the pairs there are these ridges on the top of the midsole surrounding the back heel, any idea what this is called? http://cdn.styleforum.net/2/22/220bab0f_DSCN0446.jpeg
Would like mine plain like blazing's.
post #1514 of 1915
I got my after several months of waiting and immediately wore them in a muddy field. I didn't treat them or anything first and now they have mud on them. Basic carequestions:
Do I just clean it off with some suede/nubuck cleaner, then brush, then treat with something? Should I put these away once the snow starts to come down? Are they wearable in the rain?

2: the topy did start to peel off. Can I just glue the topy back on or should I take it to one of those shoe repair kiosks?
post #1515 of 1915


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock View Post

they don't feel as sturdy as my alden indy boots, but it's a different breed of boot imo. These are so nice, I'm selling my roy boot as I don't wear them because I wear these all the time. Could also be that I got the nubuck, but they've been holding up fine through rain, 1 foot of snow in boston, and regular sunny days in LA. I don't have any issues with them, but I might add a better topy, as it's already peeling off (could be due to the fact I soaked them). I'm overall really happy with them, I'm sorry so many people had issues with this company, real shame because if everyone got the quality of boot I got, there would be 100 pages of praises instead of confusion and hate.

 

I got mine late last year.  I was originally a little bummed that I didn't get them during the sale because I didn't even wear mine until this spring, but quickly got over that.  Mine came about 5 weeks after I ordered and they updated me a few times during the process (with pictures). The quality/craftmanship really is top-notch.  I guess they just couldn't handle the massive influx of orders, especially if they were laying people off, etc. 

I live in a snowy climate so I only wear these 3 seasons.  With a little care, I can easily see these lasting me 10+ years. 
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots