or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Denim in Australia
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denim in Australia - Page 2

post #16 of 29
J. Lindeberg is a brat slash golf wear brand. I'd personally never wear JL, even if they made decent looking clothes, wich they don't. I agree with LA Guy, Acne jeans lack in quality to match their price tag. Nudie's a safer bet. I have zero experience with Filippa K...
post #17 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I you like that clean, Scandanavian aesthetic, I think that Acne and filippa K are pretty good bets. They are pretty reasonably priced in Sweden, and ridiculously priced in the US, and I suppose, Australia (although I don't really know.) J. Lindebergy is popular too, but I can't really stand that stuff. I dislike Acne jeans, but their clothing is decent. filippa K makes solid clothing as well, but I think that Nudie jeans are far better than those of any of these three other companies.

Filippa K can be very up and down in quality, much more so than Acne. A zip-hood I got a while back--my mistake purchase of the year--turned out to be on par with something one would expect from H&M, as it shrank and lost its shape after just a few washes. They do make some decent v-necks and cardigans though, but I wouldn't touch their jeans. Acne, while being more expensive, generally makes much better stuff ime--they also use Riri for their zippers . I don't have a single J.Lindeberg garment.
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babar
Filippa K can be very up and down in quality, much more so than Acne. A zip-hood I got a while back--my mistake purchase of the year--turned out to be on par with something one would expect from H&M, as it shrank and lost its shape after just a few washes. They do make some decent v-necks and cardigans though, but I wouldn't touch their jeans. Acne, while being more expensive, generally makes much better stuff ime--they also use Riri for their zippers . I don't have a single J.Lindeberg garment.

I find the opposite. Acne has good design, but I find the execution of their pieces is hit and miss. I have both Acne and filippa K hoodies, and find that the filippa K is just as well designed, and better constructed, riri zippers or not.

And I find that Acne Jeans really don't live up to their hype. For the money, Nudie is a much better buy. All ime, of course.
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I find the opposite. Acne has good design, but I find the execution of their pieces is hit and miss. I have both Acne and filippa K hoodies, and find that the filippa K is just as well designed, and better constructed, riri zippers or not.
That's interesting. My acne imagine has definitely held up a lot better than the filippa, despite the Acne getting much more wear (both are from ss 06). Well, I might give them a second chance come sales time as I need a pullover hoodie
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babar
That's interesting. Well, my acne imagine has definitely held up a lot better than the filippa, despite the Acne getting much more wear (both are from ss 06). I might give them a second chance come sales time as I need a pullover hoodie

My fillippa K is definitely holding out a lot better than my Acne Mats hoodie...
post #21 of 29
Nudies @ DJ's in the city are about $300 a pair......They didn't get discounted in the sales that are currently on..

Jil Sanders, Miu Miu and Helmut Lang all did, however, drop in price.....

--Wade
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade M
Nudies @ DJ's in the city are about $300 a pair......They didn't get discounted in the sales that are currently on..

Jil Sanders, Miu Miu and Helmut Lang all did, however, drop in price.....

--Wade

Did you see any regular ralfs dry there?
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by swooc
Did you see any regular ralfs dry there?

I saw the RR Dry $119. Not the Selvedge though.

Fok.
post #24 of 29
I was at the Nudie store in Paddington a few weeks ago. Not sure if this is accurate, but the sales guy told me that it was the only Nudie store in the world. They appeared to carry the full range, and I had to try on about four different sizes before I went for my first RRDS... A$300+. Staff was incredibly helpful, so if you're pondering a visit call ahead to check size availability.

Some interesting news... the guy also mentioned a new style coming out imminently. Don't remember the name as it's supposed to be on the extreme slim side.
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Not sure if this is accurate, but the sales guy told me that it was the only Nudie store in the world.
Considering that there's another Nudie store as close as Melbourne, I think he was probably telling porky pies.

I don't know if they still do it, but when I bought my RRs in Melbourne, the salesguy showed me a pair of his really well-worn jeans (2 years, 2 washes etc.) that he had lying around in the store. I come back a week or so later, and a different salesguy pointed out 'his' jeans - which were, of course, the same pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Some interesting news... the guy also mentioned a new style coming out imminently. Don't remember the name as it's supposed to be on the extreme slim side.
Could be Long John, or Thin Finn if it's not out already.
post #26 of 29
Does anyone in sydney know of a good tailor that does chainstitching for hemming?
post #27 of 29
For those who are interested, i found some ralph lauren selvedge jeans on sale for $120 at DJ in Castle Hill (Sydney). They have pre-shaped whiskas, but the overall colour is still dark blue (sort of like cultpops JRs). I didn't try them on, but they look quite slim. Was quite suprised to see them there. Don't know if other DJs have them though.
post #28 of 29
Miranda didn't; I checked :P Haven't gotten into the city, would be too late now I'd imagine. Nice find BTW! --Wade
post #29 of 29
Spotted more selvedge denim in castle hill david jones for anyone whos interested. They are Calvin Kleins, $160 quite cheap imo. Backpockets have stitching similar to the true religion logo. The overall fit is a straight leg hi-rise, looks similar to straight svens. The denim is similar to nudies and apc selvedge denim. The white part of the denim (i think its called the weft im not sure) has a brownish tint.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Denim in Australia