or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Common Projects S/S 2010
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Common Projects S/S 2010 - Page 39

post #571 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by themselves View Post
yes, they added that recently, after I ordered. so I don't think the sizing has changed at all from last season.

I've worn my desert boots for a few days, and I've concluded that the sizing is bizarre.
Basically, if you get your 'true size' you get moderate cramping in the toe box, and slippage in the heel. If you size down, that eliminates the heel slippage, but your toes are going to feel squashed.
I think you would need to have a foot that is deformed in a very specific way to feel comfortable in these things. Or maybe you just have to be willing to suffer for fashion. If you are going to get these things, I'd say size down. Slippage at the heel, is more of a pain than cramped toes.
Also, the quality isn't 'all that'. It's like an upmarket Vans, with the detailing dialed right back to suit a more minimal taste, and with marginally higher quality. But poorly designed from a perspective of comfort. In hindsight, I wouldn't buy these, even at half price.
But maybe I just don't have the right shaped foot for these things. I assume there must be many satisfied customers, otherwise they wouldn't make them. Make sure you get them from somewhere that gives refunds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportlobby View Post
Jesus. Like any other shoe, they're gonna fit some people's feet better than other's. The number of complaints is going to be directly proportional to the cost and whether the buyer tried them on before buying them. Either go try them on or buy them from an estore that allows returns.

Thank you. I'm so sick of people saying "These shoes fit like crap!" You may not like the silhouette, the shape of the toebox, whatever, but complaining that they are not comfortable, not because of some defect or fundamental design issue, but because the available sizes don't fit the wearer well, is just stupid. I like a deal as much as the net guy, but sometimes it's worth it to pay full price for the privilege of buying stuff that fits.
post #572 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2_hennessy View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what is it about CPs that justify their high price tag? Is the material, the look, the...?

I'm also a little baffled. The low-tops are so generic they're cool?
post #573 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Thank you. I'm so sick of people saying "These shoes fit like crap!" You may not like the silhouette, the shape of the toebox, whatever, but complaining that they are not comfortable, not because of some defect or fundamental design issue, but because the available sizes don't fit the wearer well, is just stupid. I like a deal as much as the net guy, but sometimes it's worth it to pay full price for the privilege of buying stuff that fits.

I do think CP could offer half sizes.
post #574 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Thank you. I'm so sick of people saying "These shoes fit like crap!" You may not like the silhouette, the shape of the toebox, whatever, but complaining that they are not comfortable, not because of some defect or fundamental design issue, but because the available sizes don't fit the wearer well, is just stupid. I like a deal as much as the net guy, but sometimes it's worth it to pay full price for the privilege of buying stuff that fits.

I kind of do think there are 'fundamental design issues' with the CP desert boot. 1) it has only two piercings for the laces, and they are positioned very low down on the leather flaps (don't know what the technical term is). Which means there's not much holding the rear/ upper part of the boot on your foot. This manifests as the boot slipping on your heal, if you don't size down. 2) it's exceedingly narrow, meaning your toes are squashed. Especially if you size down. Which you need to do if you don't want the boot slipping at the heel.

And paying full price is the problem - I did purchase a fall/ winter model at 'retail price' in the color I wanted, because I needed a good boot immediately, and based on the marketing shtick - "buttery smooth suede", "fully lined" - I kinda actually was expecting something comfortable. They really should add a disclaimer - "in order to achieve the distinctive, slender profile with the desert boot, we've had to cram you toes into an extremely confined space, so please do be aware that these shoes will be anything but comfortable..." Fashion victims would still purchase, but who want some degree of functionality in their clothes would be warned away.
post #575 of 2389
Stop blaming CP for your grossly enlarged, tendril-like toes.
post #576 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post
Stop blaming CP for your grossly enlarged, tendril-like toes.

I have desert boots from Acne, APC, Clarks and even Airwalk, and they all fit fine. So I don't think my toes are that weird. Regarding the CP desert boot, I think it takes a special kind of retardation to create a desert boot that can be simultaneously loose in the heel, and cramped in the toe... But I take your point, which I assume is that some body types just aren't suited to some clothes...
post #577 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschrock View Post
I'm also a little baffled. The low-tops are so generic they're cool?
Yup! CPs appeal to me is that they're sleek, simple sneakers without much branding (and the little numbers are very neat imo) or the immediately recognizable shape of Converse or whatever. Can't say much more since I don't own a pair yet but I hope to soon.
post #578 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by themselves View Post
I have desert boots from Acne, APC, Clarks and even Airwalk, and they all fit fine. So I don't think my toes are that weird. Regarding the CP desert boot, I think it takes a special kind of retardation to create a desert boot that can be simultaneously loose in the heel, and cramped in the toe... But I take your point, which I assume is that some body types just aren't suited to some clothes...

Considering the things you've spewed, I assume this is sarcasm?

post #579 of 2389
Let the record show that CP desert boots suck
post #580 of 2389
Anyone know how the desert boots compare to the achilles? I wear a 43 in the desert boots and am wondering if I should stick to the same size for the achilles?

Thanks
post #581 of 2389
yupppppp
post #582 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty02guns View Post
Anyone know how the desert boots compare to the achilles? I wear a 43 in the desert boots and am wondering if I should stick to the same size for the achilles?

Thanks

I size up one for achilles... 41 in DB, 42 in achilles
post #583 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by auc2mic View Post
I size up one for achilles... 41 in DB, 42 in achilles

That's how I am leaning. But the desert boots are quite long (almost half size too long) but fit well otherwise. If I size up in the Achilles will they be similar in length or outrageously long?
post #584 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty02guns View Post
Anyone know how the desert boots compare to the achilles? I wear a 43 in the desert boots and am wondering if I should stick to the same size for the achilles? Thanks
I feel like the sizing is similar, but the desert boots may be a bit longer (1/4 to 1/2 size) and maybe very slightly narrower. If a 43 in desert is on the small side for you, you may want to size up to a 44 in achilles. If it fits big, you could probably stick with a 43.
post #585 of 2389
I got my desert boots and the length is fine, yet the toes are tight. I could wear these and they might even stretch to be somewhat comfortable but I'm going to return them. I'm thinking about exchanging for the achilles low in my true size.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Common Projects S/S 2010