or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Who Are Your Favorite Comedians?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who Are Your Favorite Comedians? - Page 5

post #61 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIKETOS View Post
Anyone know how much these guys make on a one night gig?? or how i can find out??


Depends on the venue, occasion, comedian...


Artie Lange made $40K on a weekend gig. Sam Kinnison would make $100K for a big show.
post #62 of 84
I have a question, and maybe one of ya'lls can help me out. A few years ago on a talk show, I saw a stand up comedian who was a slightly older British fellow, and his entire act consisted of Henny Youngman-esque one- and two-liners. Does anyone know this guy's name? He fukken put me away.
post #63 of 84
+1000!
post #64 of 84
Eddie Murphy's Raw has to be the best stand up show ever.
post #65 of 84
I find very few comedians truly funny but there are a couple that make me laugh without fail even on reruns and those two men are Louis CK and Mitch Hedburg. I'll throw in Pablo Franciso as a distant third although his acts are spotty and inconsistent. Saw LCK in Newport and was nearly in tears and wish I had the time to see MH, he's a genius. Also I have yet to find a woman comedian that makes me laugh and I think it's probably due to their typical subject matter and delivery. What I am not a fan of in comedy is comedians whos entire shtick is their race, comedians that use voices as their main act (unless well done like PF), prop comedians are usually lame, and those that need to compensate for their skill by over acting. Some comedians like LCK swear a lot but it fits his style, some seem to throw it in because they think it adds something to their act.
post #66 of 84
Watched some Neil Hamburger bits and was super disappointed. I thought he had some real outsider cred (fucking Mike Patton put out one of his albums) but the dude just sucks.

I see what he's going for but he just doesn't hit. Way too broad and unsubtle. That sort of meta/character/outsider comedy requires a soft touch and range both of which are glaringly absent.
post #67 of 84
For whatever reason I decided to watch some sarah silverman videos on youtube. I REALLY want to fuck her. She's so cute.
post #68 of 84
George Carlin is the only comedian I can stand.
post #69 of 84
George Carlin
Dave Chapelle
John Leguizamo
post #70 of 84
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIKETOS View Post
Anyone know how much these guys make on a one night gig?? or how i can find out??

last i heard, when dane cook filled madison square, he pocketed a cool quarter milli
post #71 of 84
Brian Regan
post #72 of 84
Patrice O'neal
post #73 of 84
David Chappelle
Zach Galifianakis
and Zach's twin brother, Seth Galifianakis
post #74 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician View Post
Watched some Neil Hamburger bits and was super disappointed. I thought he had some real outsider cred (fucking Mike Patton put out one of his albums) but the dude just sucks.

I see what he's going for but he just doesn't hit. Way too broad and unsubtle. That sort of meta/character/outsider comedy requires a soft touch and range both of which are glaringly absent.

Hamburger is over your head, obviously. Like, seriously. You completely missed the point.
post #75 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ektaylor View Post
Hamburger is over your head, obviously. Like, seriously. You completely missed the point.

I looked him up on YouTube and realized I had seen him before. Yeah, he makes me laugh, but a little of that goes a looooong way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Who Are Your Favorite Comedians?