or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Quick easy meals
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Quick easy meals

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
There's occasionally that time where you're starving and you really need to make a quick and easy meal. What is yours?

For me if I have a little bit more time I will boil some noodles and then mix it with peanut butter and soy sauce. Sometimes if I have rice I mix it with rice but I prefer it with noodles. If you have a little bit more extra time, throwing in some chopped green onions (especially on the noodles) is boss.

Another thing I like to do with instant noodles is to fry an egg (let the pan be really hot and sizzling with oil, pop an egg or two in and don't stir it and just let it be all crispy) and then put it in the remaining instant noodle soup so it can soak up some of that unhealthy but tasty soup base and then eat that egg.

Also if you're the type of person to have that lardy/bacon grease shit in your fridge, mixing it with rice and soy sauce is also really tasty.
post #2 of 27
I buy three kinds of meat, grind each in two different sizes, and make a burger.
post #3 of 27
Cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust.
post #4 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
I buy three kinds of meat, grind each in two different sizes, and make a burger.

I save time by searing with a blowtorch!
post #5 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartmann View Post
Cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust.

Sounds like a healthy breakfast, we wont need your mother at all.

OP, your meals sound really gross, sorry man I can make much better quick meals and do often. For instance, if I am feeling lazy ill make a gratin with frozen shoestring potatoes, and a Béchamel sauce with sausage, mushrooms, garlic, bacon salt, and a little Tabasco. Pour a little olive oil and the sauce/meat/vegi mix over the potatoes in a casserole or gratin dish. Add a little shredded cheese on top and toss in the toaster oven (or my case small convection oven) and cook at about 200C for 15min. Its filling, fast and good.
post #6 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboycom View Post
OP, your meals sound really gross, sorry man I can make much better quick meals and do often.
Yeah...

Want a quick meal? Eat that stuff straight out of a can. Vegetables, vienna sausages, SPAM. Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm!
post #7 of 27
Boil some pasta

Pour on some heated Marinara sauce.


Yum!
post #8 of 27
whole wheat quesidillas with mini toaster
post #9 of 27
keller's coq au vin
post #10 of 27
fish fillet garnished with ginger, leeks and light soy sauce, steam in already boiling water for 10 min or less. serve over rice. cold soba noodles with dipping sauce and wasabi. pan-grilled shrimp over salad.
post #11 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboycom View Post
Sounds like a healthy breakfast, we wont need your mother at all.

OP, your meals sound really gross, sorry man I can make much better quick meals and do often. For instance, if I am feeling lazy ill make a gratin with frozen shoestring potatoes, and a Béchamel sauce with sausage, mushrooms, garlic, bacon salt, and a little Tabasco. Pour a little olive oil and the sauce/meat/vegi mix over the potatoes in a casserole or gratin dish. Add a little shredded cheese on top and toss in the toaster oven (or my case small convection oven) and cook at about 200C for 15min. Its filling, fast and good.

Well I can make and eat my meals in less time than it takes for you to cook your little casserole.
post #12 of 27
I like to enjoy my food, even if its fast, eg I dont make gross ass Soysauce/Peanutbutter Spaghetti. 20min for prep and cooking is totally acceptable for a fast meal. Besides mine will taste better, not something I need to slam down my throat like you would to teh Conne Penor. Mine is more on par with a Kwilk, you know rich, creamy, well made yet quick to finish, not sloppy and reaking of whisky and Angela Lansbury.
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboycom View Post
I like to enjoy my food, even if its fast, eg I dont make gross ass Soysauce/Peanutbutter Spaghetti. 20min for prep and cooking is totally acceptable for a fast meal. Besides mine will taste better, not something I need to slam down my throat like you would to teh Conne Penor. Mine is more on par with a Kwilk, you know rich, creamy, well made yet quick to finish, not sloppy and reaking of whisky and Angela Lansbury.

post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartmann View Post
Cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust.

Alright pie, I'm gonna be doing this....and if you get eaten, it's your own fault!
post #15 of 27
pasta carbonara
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Quick easy meals