or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Ever Happened to High-Rise Jeans for Men?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Ever Happened to High-Rise Jeans for Men? - Page 4

post #46 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanM View Post

Iron Heart has a model, 1955s, that is repro of the classic 50's cut with a high waist. Not cheap though. http://www.ironheart.co.uk/bottoms/1955s.html

1955s.jpg

Those look like great jeans - I'd say worth the investment!smile.gif
post #47 of 60

A couple other options,

 

Dyer & Jenkins

http://www.dyerandjenkins.com/collections/all/products/the-dyer-in-cone-mills

These jeans are made in the USA, ostensibly never leaving the USA. $125? a bargain for what you are getting.

 

Wrangler

http://www.wrangler.com/store/WRG_STORE_US/en_US/style/0936.html

Made somewhere out of sturdy materials, the true "Dad" jean. $40 for the 15.75 ounce weight.

 

I plan on owning both pairs in the next month.

post #48 of 60

For what it's worth,

 

Deep Pocket Jean Co.

http://deeppocketjeancompany.com/collections/denim/products/autry-jean-rinse

Made in LA as well; I do own a pair made by them, not terribly impressed.

post #49 of 60
Iron heart happened...I see it's been suggested already, but not just the 1955 cut, most of their denim models have a high rise due to their efforts of staying true to the classic biker aesthetic


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #50 of 60

Left Field NYC in their "Greaser" cut is a higher rise jean. Expensive, but not nearly as expensive as Iron Heart. I have no interest in a "high" rise jean, but prefer a med rise to low rise for certain. The functional or aesthetic appeal of a men's "low rise" jean is a mystery to me.

post #51 of 60
They're arguably over-priced but Nigel Cabourn's workwear jean has a very high rise. Very 40's cut.
post #52 of 60
Bump, Any ideas on an anti-fit long rise tapered jawn? Most of whats been rec is full cut. I've also tapered a pair of 501's and they turned out great but they are way too baggy.
post #53 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by thats.mana View Post

Bump, Any ideas on an anti-fit long rise tapered jawn? Most of whats been rec is full cut. I've also tapered a pair of 501's and they turned out great but they are way too baggy.

Try Acne:)
post #54 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by thats.mana View Post

Bump, Any ideas on an anti-fit long rise tapered jawn? Most of whats been rec is full cut. I've also tapered a pair of 501's and they turned out great but they are way too baggy.

Levis' 522.

Levi's 510 is also a mid rise. They changed the cut. More slim.
Edited by Snoopy - 9/6/14 at 3:28pm
post #55 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thats.mana View Post

Bump, Any ideas on an anti-fit long rise tapered jawn? Most of whats been rec is full cut. I've also tapered a pair of 501's and they turned out great but they are way too baggy.

Levis' 522.

Levi's 510 is also a mid rise. They changed the cut. More slim.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on them for when they introduce different washes.
post #56 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyardley View Post

A couple other options,

Dyer & Jenkins
http://www.dyerandjenkins.com/collections/all/products/the-dyer-in-cone-mills
These jeans are made in the USA, ostensibly never leaving the USA. $125? a bargain for what you are getting.

Wrangler
http://www.wrangler.com/store/WRG_STORE_US/en_US/style/0936.html
Made somewhere out of sturdy materials, the true "Dad" jean. $40 for the 15.75 ounce weight.

I plan on owning both pairs in the next month.

Did you get them both?smile.gif
post #57 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post

Levis' 522.

Levi's 510 is also a mid rise. They changed the cut. More slim.

Listen to Snoopy..he's a jeans connoisseur !(and collector, like me!)smile.gif
post #58 of 60
Hirsh,

I got them both. The Dyer & Jenkins are really a mid rise with a very forward balance.

The wranglers? best jeans you can buy for under 50 dollars in my opinion. The rise is high and the fit is trim but not tight.
post #59 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyardley View Post

Hirsh,

I got them both. The Dyer & Jenkins are really a mid rise with a very forward balance.

The wranglers? best jeans you can buy for under 50 dollars in my opinion. The rise is high and the fit is trim but not tight.

Brilliant!

Congrats!

I bet they both last much longer than some of the so called "premium" ie expensive brands!!smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
post #60 of 60

Hi there:

 

I realize I am posting to a discussion which is almost a couple of years old.  In any event I have always preferred high rise pants and jeans.  It took me sometime to find a great value in high-rise jeans.  And they are Wranglers whose back seam is 17" (I just measured mine) the front is 13". For me these are the most comfortable jeans. They are not skinny jeans but the pant leg width at the bottom is 9". I have usually bought mine in black and they come with a "comfort flex" waistband.  And when they say waistband, it's an excellent waistband which means the waist does not roll-up like it does with so many jeans whose fabric is light. The  best part is they are extremely inexpensive coming  in around $ 20.  The only drawback is they don't come in dark indigo. For me the  black jeans work best. 

 

Check them out at Walmart (yes folks, Walmart :-))

 

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-Men-s-Comfort-Fit-Jeans/10023853

 

Hope someone will find this information useful.  Oh! one more thing I don't work for Wrangler's or anything lol!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Ever Happened to High-Rise Jeans for Men?