or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New bespoke suit...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New bespoke suit... - Page 4

post #46 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
I hope you are kidding.

I was not. The suit does not look nearly as good here as on the bathroom pictures + Jovan somehow seems younger on that pic. I was just asking
post #47 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovan
Back view. One is the loneliest number...
Inside lining with hidden change pocket. I never use it, I actually prefer having a patch pocket within the right front pocket. I'll probably ask them to do this for my next suit. Hope this was informative! Again, their website is www.baronboutique.com.


In this view was your back pocket in use? I am wondering ifa slightly easier allowance for a thin wallet would be an advantage?


Where is the fifth inside pocket.

It does however look very interesting indded good and certainly well worth an experiment.
post #48 of 131
Thread Starter 
Nothing was inside my back pocket when I took the picture. The fifth inside pocket (I assume you're referring to the change pocket) is the one I'm holding open.
post #49 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovan
Nothing was inside my back pocket when I took the picture. The fifth inside pocket (I assume you're referring to the change pocket) is the one I'm holding open.


Thanks for that - I had thought you meant the jacket.

Would you normally use your back pocket - I am wondering if it is necessary to tell them make a slight allowance in the cut for this - I recall my tailor asking this at the first
post #50 of 131
Jovan,

I would be very interested in seeing your other photo's. Could you e-mail to me? Also, I may be very interested in using baron boutique. Based on your experience, do would you recommend being measured or mailing a sample jacket to them. Also, just how exceptional is they're workmanship?
post #51 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul
Jovan,

I would be very interested in seeing your other photo's. Could you e-mail to me? Also, I may be very interested in using baron boutique. Based on your experience, do would you recommend being measured or mailing a sample jacket to them. Also, just how exceptional is they're workmanship?

You should at least post one of the entire suit that is better that that prom shot-it would be better for all (and better for Baron's sales) if we could get a close-up of the craftsmanship. I am still thinking about it...though another post about Brooks Bros 3-peice suits reminded me of that option as well, but again I could get TWO Baron suits for what I would pay for one Brooks Bros...the mind boggles...
post #52 of 131
Thread Starter 
But... I already showed close ups of the craftsmanship! Gah, what do you want from me?!
post #53 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovan
But... I already showed close ups of the craftsmanship! Gah, what do you want from me?!

LOL...Sorry kid! I mean how it hangs, etc.
post #54 of 131
How long did the entire process take?
post #55 of 131
Thread Starter 
Two weeks
post #56 of 131
Ok, so you've now got me intrigued by this idea of being able to experiment with custom fit and features for a couple hundred bucks... I can't see your pics on this computer I'm using -- on a three-button, do you think I would have any problem requesting a proper collar roll to the second button? Or would they consider that standard?
post #57 of 131
Thread Starter 
I'm sure it'd be fine, just let them know ahead of time through email and send them pictures to confirm what you want.
post #58 of 131
Dear Members,

Do not walk, RUN as far away from Baron's Boutique as possible!!!

Recently, based on Jovan's experience, I opted to have Barons Boutique, tailor me a double-breasted jacket. Following are the list of flaws that occured:

1. The lapel lacked actual or adequate canvassing.
2. The top of the the lapel suffered from puckering, (probably from the lack of canvassing beneath lapel)
3. The stitching on the lapel was botched. On side of the lapel, appeared different from the other.
4. What was deemed functional button holes, appeared to have been falsely manufactured, not machine made.
5. The jacket for some odd reason was very itching, whenever I tried on. The appeared to be some form of inferior canvassing within the lining of the jacket.

I'm not certain what transpired as to Jovan's suit, but this jacket suffered from numerous flaws. I would seriously advise any member opting to utilize this establishment, to think twice about it. TRUST ME!!
post #59 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul
Dear Members,

Do not walk, RUN as far away from Baron's Boutique as possible!!!

Recently, based on Jovan's experience, I opted to have Barons Boutique, tailor me a double-breasted jacket. Following are the list of flaws that occured:

1. The lapel lacked actual or adequate canvassing.
2. The top of the the lapel suffered from puckering, (probably from the lack of canvassing beneath lapel)
3. The stitching on the lapel was botched. On side of the lapel, appeared different from the other.
4. What was deemed functional button holes, appeared to have been falsely manufactured, not machine made.
5. The jacket for some odd reason was very itching, whenever I tried on. The appeared to be some form of inferior canvassing within the lining of the jacket.

I'm not certain what transpired as to Jovan's suit, but this jacket suffered from numerous flaws. I would seriously advise any member opting to utilize this establishment, to think twice about it. TRUST ME!!

Paul - sorry to hear about your bad experience. I might be a little thick but I don't understand your points 3 and 4 though - care to explain (or better show scans)?
post #60 of 131
paul: Hmmm..interesting. I had been considering giving them a whirl. Have you emailed them asking if they'd fix your order?

Jovan: Did you ever order a second suit, and if so, has it arrived?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New bespoke suit...