or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › NYT Review of the Relaunched Wilkes Bashford
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NYT Review of the Relaunched Wilkes Bashford

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/31/fa...ml?ref=fashion

post #2 of 20
Scored this Brioni shearling amongst other goodies at their sale this week...

post #3 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
Scored this Brioni shearling amongst other goodies at their sale this week...
The coat looks terrific. I wish I'd been there for the sale, they have a lot of nice items.
post #4 of 20
So is the writer jealous or just pissy?
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
Scored this Brioni shearling amongst other goodies at their sale this week...


That coat is pimpin
post #6 of 20
Given that about 80% of the store is menswear they really should have had a dude write the article. And really, the store stays the same if Bill Downes stays and continues to buy.
post #7 of 20
I'm not from SF but I was in the store a few weeks ago. I found the sales staff to be very helpfull. They also have a very nice mens shoe selection.
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercadi View Post
I'm not from SF but I was in the store a few weeks ago. I found the sales staff to be very helpfull. They also have a very nice mens shoe selection.
Same with me, I recently had a nice visit to the store.
post #9 of 20
"snappy senior-citizen dapper"
post #10 of 20
I don't live in SF either but I'm there often to visit my daughter. The staff have never failed to be utterly professional and polite. And as a Recent senior citizen I love the store and never fail to leave with a Wilkes bag or an order to be delivered to me here. I bought my first pair of Lobbs there and many pairs after along with everything a well dressed man can use. I can't wait until my next trip out to see my daughter so I can get over to Wilkes.
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
"snappy senior-citizen dapper"

I can only hope that one day someone will describe me this way.
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I can only hope that one day someone will describe me this way.

DocHolliday:

Happy New Year and you are a snappy senior citizen dapper!!!!!
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulford View Post
So is the writer jealous or just pissy?

I think that she was both pissy, and accurate. Lets face it, the store looks "tired". Although much better in the last few weeks than late in the summer. It was also pretty clear that they have been very low on inventory for quite a while and so the place lacked the sparkle of a store filled with special things.

I got the feeling that she had a pre-exisitng attitude about the place that gave a pissy tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
"snappy senior-citizen dapper"

God, now I'm going to look at my WB purchases in my closet and feel old
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post
I think that she was both pissy, and accurate. Lets face it, the store looks "tired". Although much better in the last few weeks than late in the summer. It was also pretty clear that they have been very low on inventory for quite a while and so the place lacked the sparkle of a store filled with special things.

I got the feeling that she had a pre-exisitng attitude about the place that gave a pissy tone.



God, now I'm going to look at my WB purchases in my closet and feel old

at least she said it was fashion for absurdly rich snappy old men. so there's that.
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
Scored this Brioni shearling amongst other goodies at their sale this week...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
"snappy senior-citizen dapper"


I'm feeling some Kitonbrioni
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › NYT Review of the Relaunched Wilkes Bashford