or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What is worse in Europe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is worse in Europe - Page 2

post #16 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter
lol
those are exactly the arguments that Israelis give.

I actually pretty much only drink soda water in europe, and that I drink basically luke warm. but I can go through easily 2 kilos of ice a day in the summer in the states, and 1.5 liters of diet coke. but I always love it when you ask for ice and they give you one little cube. and then you ask for more, and they give you another, and again, and again, and again.....

Even before I made it to the US to observe the strange custom of filling a glass with ice, then adding the liquid, I used to like more than one ice cube in my drinks in the summer. My dad would look at my three ice cubes bobbing in my glass, horrified, as though I were about to catch my death.
post #17 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman
Another thing -- shortage of good litière agglomérante. What gives? It's really hard to find and the stuff at a lot of stores (Friskies' brand) is terrible!

Are you sure you understood the directions on the box?
post #18 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabienne
Even before I made it to the US to observe the strange custom of filling a glass with ice, then adding the liquid, I used to like more than one ice cube in my drinks in the summer. My dad would look at my three ice cubes bobbing in my glass, horrified, as though I were about to catch my death.


Fab,

I think that this was destiny - you obviously had a youthful attraction to liberty and could not be stiffled by a continent that doesn't have enough ice.
post #19 of 173
Thread Starter 
Last year we bought a condo from an extremely "colorful" man, if you know what I mean.
Luckily, he took most of his "art" collection with him, as well as certain touches like the twin "Liberace style" candelabra sitting on the edge of the tub in the guest bathroom. We decided that we liked his deep purple shower curtain and matching fake snakeskin purple wallpaper there. We also replaced the silverplate ice bucket that he had sitting on the tub. To complete the look, we have been keeping a bottle of champagne in that bucket, along with some fake (glass) ice cubes that I bought on e-bay. I wound up getting more ice cubes than I needed, so I took the extras with me to Paris and gave them to my friend E****t (banned), thinking that the French could use them. He gave some thought to using them to scam some waiters, by complaining that something was wrong with his ice, but decided that they were not authentic enough, as they did not float.
post #20 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethpollock
...To complete the look, we have been keeping a bottle of champagne in that bucket, along with some fake (glass) ice cubes that I bought on e-bay. I wound up getting more ice cubes than I needed, so I took the extras with me to Paris and gave them to my friend E****t (banned), thinking that the French could use them. He gave some thought to using them to scam some waiters, by complaining that something was wrong with his ice, but decided that they were not authentic enough, as they did not float.

Maybe this can be "E******t"'s new job, because I would pay to see video of this.
post #21 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
Maybe this can be Ernest's new job, because I would pay to see video of this.
Smile! You're on Cheapskate Camera!
post #22 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman
You left out the ubiquitous dog shit, at least in Paris. Why can't people understand that Paris, c'est chez toi! What about the expansion of Starbucks, fuelled by thoughtless gormless tourists even though the coffee is even more expensive here?

What's worse the burning cars or the dog shit?

Jon.
post #23 of 173
Ken, regarding your list, I have a few questions:

#10: to whom are you referring?

#15: are you shy about something?

Jon.
post #24 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS
What's worse the burning cars or the dog shit?

Jon.
RJ, are those cars still burning? Maybe you could walk Le Chat over there and put them out while you're at it.
post #25 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod
I think the UWS is a competitor for the ubiquitos dog shit award (as well as certain areas around Washington Heights). Also NYC is too dirty in the summer.

I'd like to add that taxes are higher in Europe. From the news it seems that Europeans are not as accepting of outsiders even after they have been there generations. e.g. Turks in Germany, Arabs in France. *puts on flame retardant suit*

You mean like Hispanics in the US?

Jon.
post #26 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman
Smile! You're on Cheapskate Camera!

BWHAHAHAHAHA.

Jon.
post #27 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
RJ, are those cars still burning? Maybe you could walk Le Chat over there and put them out while you're at it.
France was also the first place I ever saw a cat on the leash. What's up with that? Of course, it was someone taking their cat to the vet , but still...
post #28 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS
What's worse the burning cars or the dog shit?

Jon.
Apparently in France if you step in a burning car it's even better luck.
post #29 of 173
(16) No concept of pedestrian traffic flow and thus long lines for anything.

Aaahhh, but I still loved it all.

How about a few things you'll never see here that Europe has.

(1.)Bocce ball in public plazas under palm trees.
(2.) The sound of shoes on the quiet back streets of Venice.
post #30 of 173
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Ken, regarding your list, I have a few questions:

#10: to whom are you referring?

#15: are you shy about something?

Jon.

#10-I am already in enough trouble
#15-Only about certain physical shortcomings
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What is worse in Europe