or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A couple of those RLPL re-branded EGs are back on sale...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A couple of those RLPL re-branded EGs are back on sale...

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I don't know if there's any 15% code lying around (or, if you're allowed to use them ), but a Black Mackays and the Addisons are marked down. A couple of the C&J are, but not those Darltons...

Anyway, a heads-up in case anyone regrets missing the feeding frenzy a couple weeks ago....

http://www.polo.com/family/index.jsp...1898623&page=2
post #2 of 13
the really interesting shoe is the preston

http://www.polo.com/product/index.js...entPage=family

apparently C&J.
post #3 of 13
Are those US or UK sizes on the site and how do these sizes compare to AE?
Thanks!
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
the really interesting shoe is the preston

http://www.polo.com/product/index.js...entPage=family

apparently C&J.

It caught my eye too. I'm still on the fence, though.
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
It caught my eye too. I'm still on the fence, though.
I saw those, too, but I'll leave them to the more adventurous members... FWIW, what does one wear those with?
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
the really interesting shoe is the preston http://www.polo.com/product/index.js...entPage=family apparently C&J.
Agreed (how did I miss those?). Last year, Alden of Carmel had some saddle shoes in whisky and mahogany shell cordovan ("Alden Fan" shoes) that I thought were lovely. I can' afford what I consider specialty shoes now, so I passed and now they're no longer offered.
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtie
Are those US or UK sizes on the site and how do these sizes compare to AE?
Thanks!

I will know tomorrow how they compare. I ordered a pair of MacKays in my AE size (those are US sizes) that will be delivered by UPS tomorrow. I agonized over also ordering the Addisons, but didn't given the EG sale coming up in a couple of weeks.

The 15% coupon will not work. I suspect they had these shoes pulled for the 18th and than reposted them. They have been back on sale since the 20th.

Perry
post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman
Agreed (how did I miss those?).

Last year, Alden of Carmel had some saddle shoes in whisky and mahogany shell cordovan ("Alden Fan" shoes) that I thought were lovely. I can' afford what I consider specialty shoes now, so I passed and now they're no longer offered.

Anyone notice that their shoes appear and disappear on a regular basis? It seems that every time I look, there's either new shoes or a bunch have disappeared (only to reappear later). If it's a corporate strategy, I'm not quite sure was purpose it serves...
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by arced
I saw those, too, but I'll leave them to the more adventurous members... FWIW, what does one wear those with?

casual clothing. golf attire, etc.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman
Agreed (how did I miss those?).

Last year, Alden of Carmel had some saddle shoes in whisky and mahogany shell cordovan ("Alden Fan" shoes) that I thought were lovely. I can' afford what I consider specialty shoes now, so I passed and now they're no longer offered.

They now offer the same shoe in cigar and black shell.

Mahogany shell has been discontinued by Alden (they have put Revello in its place), and I think it takes awhile to get anything in whiskey shell these days, which may explain why Alden of Carmel pulled the whiskey/mahogany version. They also discontinued their whiskey shell penny (although the whiskey shell longwing is still available).
post #11 of 13
Quote:
I will know tomorrow how they compare. I ordered a pair of MacKays in my AE size (those are US sizes) that will be delivered by UPS tomorrow. I agonized over also ordering the Addisons, but didn't given the EG sale coming up in a couple of weeks.

Thanks pkincy, I'll look for your post. What EG sale?

I've looked at the Alden fan black/cigar saddle but Adam didn't have my size.
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkincy
I will know tomorrow how they compare. I ordered a pair of MacKays in my AE size (those are US sizes) that will be delivered by UPS tomorrow. I agonized over also ordering the Addisons, but didn't given the EG sale coming up in a couple of weeks.

The 15% coupon will not work. I suspect they had these shoes pulled for the 18th and than reposted them. They have been back on sale since the 20th.

Perry

Actually, the 15% coupon DID work on the black Mackays for the MAY18 sale and I am wearing the proof of it to work today?

That said, the shoes are wonderful, my first EGs, and still a value at $595. You will love them!
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkincy
I will know tomorrow how they compare. I ordered a pair of MacKays in my AE size (those are US sizes) that will be delivered by UPS tomorrow. I agonized over also ordering the Addisons, but didn't given the EG sale coming up in a couple of weeks.


How did your purchase turn out? Do the sizes compare?
Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A couple of those RLPL re-branded EGs are back on sale...