or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew S/S 10 Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion - Page 119

post #1771 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino might! View Post
pow.


i'll be sure to get one of each the day i achieve yuppiedom.







Good luck in that. From the look of things you will need an industrial strength razor to get the job done.
post #1772 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasinoRoyale View Post
Didn't have it. So much for that. The SA didn't even know what chambray was.

Guess I'll check out the Grove when I get a chance.

Mich ave store in Chicago has it... though sorry to anyone looking for an xs, the SA told me that me and him got the only 2.
post #1773 of 5155
Lol, welcome to SF, Dino. You gotta start posting in the WAYWT threads, show em how to steez.
post #1774 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino might! View Post
i'll be sure to get one of each the day i achieve yuppiedom.

Yeah, because 20th century-inspired workwear was totally derived from shaggy hippies. What? This guy, photographed by Dorothea Lange, rocked his work pants and suspenders with a pretty clean-cut look. Must've been a total yuppie.

http://www.shorpy.com/node/921?size=_original
post #1775 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post
I love how the jacket starts at $70 on sale in regular sizes, but if I wanna get a tall in it I have to shell out $108 on sale.

Thanks for the tips on the color. I may get one if a good sale coupon hits and I have the money. I have like 3 black jackets and I really wanna get a blue one.

I'd be careful dude. Last year I got a "tall" utility jacket that was comically short on me (I'm 6'5"). This looks like the exact same jacket, so you may want to email/call for measurements on that.
post #1776 of 5155
Hey Dino, what pants are you wearing in your picture?
post #1777 of 5155
dino is one of the few people over at sufu that has his own style. welcome!
post #1778 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post
Has anyone checked out Gap.com lately? They have like 6 or so different Chambray's going right now. Some of them don't look half bad and the price is nice. I know the quality is not up to JCrew, but I am impressed with the current offerings.

Kinda surprised there is not red one yet.

I have a lot of black button ups, but I am tempted with this one: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...d=1&pid=750128 I like how the white detailing shows.

The biggest problem with Gap button-ups is that they don't wash well. The placket has to be ironed after each wash. With J.Crew I can wash, tumble dry for a few minutes then hang dry.
post #1779 of 5155
Love the gingham... too bad J. Crew fits to large for me from the arm pits down. Steven Alan fits me really well for their wovens but I'm over SA. Any suggestions for some gingham love that fits slim and isn't long?
post #1780 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopmakingsense View Post
Love the gingham... too bad J. Crew fits to large for me from the arm pits down. Steven Alan fits me really well for their wovens but I'm over SA. Any suggestions for some gingham love that fits slim and isn't long?

i'm also interested in this, been looking for some lightweight blue/navy gingham that isn't too expensive for a while now.




kinda wish there was a jcrew around me, though i dont think i'd fit in their smalls. i bought an XS off here, and it fits perfect in the middle, but the chest is kinda narrow (pulls on the buttons a bit) and the narrowness paired with the fitting midsection makes me look like i have an even thinner chest. a slightly wider chest, plus a tapered midsection would be perfect i think.
post #1781 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak View Post
Lol, welcome to SF, Dino. You gotta start posting in the WAYWT threads, show em how to steez.
thanks, appreciated, but i doubt ill be wasting more time on another message board. plates full for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Yeah, because 20th century-inspired workwear was totally derived from shaggy hippies. What? This guy, photographed by Dorothea Lange, rocked his work pants and suspenders with a pretty clean-cut look. Must've been a total yuppie. http://www.shorpy.com/node/921?size=_original
uhhhh, yeah, because my shaggy hair was totally inspired from 20th century-derived workwear? fuck.. i guess hitler must've actually wanted to be the next charlie chaplin then? please.. cool your jets and have a cocktail, b, i wear what i want to wear, in both hair and dress, i dont put on a period-perfect costume of an outift each morning like some of the clowns i see walking around the city these days.. im not filming the sequal to o' brother where art thou?..
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamdream View Post
Hey Dino, what pants are you wearing in your picture?
they're from polo. the "tompkins" pants i believe. should still be on sale on the RL site. loved them so much (especially for their marked-down price) i bought a second pair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post
dino is one of the few people over at sufu that has his own style. welcome!
again, much appreciated. thanks :]
post #1782 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino might! View Post
they're from polo. the "tompkins" pants i believe. should still be on sale on the RL site. loved them so much (especially for their marked-down price) i bought a second pair.
Yeah the pants look great! I was thinking of asking too, so thanks for giving us the heads up. They are $70 with an additional 20% off right now so I know I need to score a pair too. edit: how TTS was the waist?
post #1783 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Yeah, because 20th century-inspired workwear was totally derived from shaggy hippies. What? This guy, photographed by Dorothea Lange, rocked his work pants and suspenders with a pretty clean-cut look. Must've been a total yuppie.

http://www.shorpy.com/node/921?size=_original

Lol, the lady in the back looks like Jenna!
post #1784 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post
Yeah the pants look great! I was thinking of asking too, so thanks for giving us the heads up. They are $70 with an additional 20% off right now so I know I need to score a pair too.

edit: how TTS was the waist?

waist measures exactly 2'' bigger than tagged size
post #1785 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino might! View Post
waist measures exactly 2'' bigger than tagged size

Good to know. Thanks.

I'll stop making fun of your beard now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew S/S 10 Discussion