• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nexus One

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyone else looking forward to this?

I hate the lack of a keyboard, of course. Other than that, it looks like an amazing phone, for a great price.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
looks exactly like an iphone.. so...

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am very much looking forward to it. I've been using the G2 (or HTC Dream or MyTouch or whatever you want to call it) for the last 8 months. Switched from Windows Mobile phones and before that Palm. Android is just so much better than WM that it makes me bitter that I wasted time with WM at all. I stuck with WM because there was an excellent Chinese dictionary software that I needed for work on it (Pleco). I had to setup an WM phone for my sister the other day and I couldn't believe how slow and clunky it was.

Of course, a Nexus One with a hard keyboard would be
smile.gif

For existing owners of Android phones , Android 2.0+ is much, much faster than 1.5/1.6. You can upgrade your firmware pretty easily, just check out the rooting/upgrading guides on XDA-developers.com

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
looks exactly like an iphone.. so...
Not really. In appearance it is similar only in that it's a touchscreen phone. When you turn it on, the difference is clear. The Nexus One's screen is a whole helluva lot brighter and clearer than the iPhone screen. It has a pointing device and hard buttons, It actually looks a lot like the Hero or Droid Eris in shape and layout. In operation, it's also nothing like the iPhone. This thing looks fast as hell.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Not really.

In appearance it is similar only in that it's a touchscreen phone. In operation, it couldn't be more different.

honestly I hope it is a viable alternative. I love my iPhone, but AT&T service is just so abysmal I don't think I'll be renewing my contract when it expires in a few months.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Also, the Nexus One has a clear product map into the future. May I introduce the Android Nexus 6:
blade2520runner2520rach.jpg

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the price from? Rumor has it that it'll be out Jan 5th. I might return my Droid and go with it instead (but I do really like what Moto has done to the Droid, though). Decision...decision...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Where did you get the price from? Rumor has it that it'll be out Jan 5th. I might return my Droid and go with it instead (but I do really like what Moto has done to the Droid, though). Decision...decision...

It has been confirmed as a Jan 5th release, but I hear the first release will be "invite only". Price has been pegged at $199 unlocked.

r...

Reaction score
From what I have read, its not an iPhone killer per-se but it is hands down the best Android phone almost available. Funny that it took two software companies to revolutionize the American mobile market. If its true that this phone wont be locked to a contract/carrier then I will def get one.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T-Mobile has what's probably the best CS among major carriers too. Very interesting.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
T-Mobile has what's probably the best CS among major carriers too. Very interesting.

Too bad their 3G network sucks.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Too bad their 3G network sucks.

Tell that to AT&T.
teacha.gif

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
It has been confirmed as a Jan 5th release, but I hear the first release will be "invite only". Price has been pegged at $199 unlocked.

Yeah, I saw this invite only crap too. Some are guessing developers might get first crack. Not sure if the Jan 5th date is confirmed. All I'm seeing is speculation.

Disappointed to see it has no AT&T 3G service so edge only.

T-Mobile is really pissing on my parade these days. I'm still holding out for the HD2 but that also looks like it's going to be on T-Mo.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to check if this is gonna work on DoCoMo's 3g (because I doubt it would work on their 3.5 or 4g network). If so I think I found a replacement for my beat up Sharp D903iTV

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Google press conference announce for Jan 5. Hope they actually release the phone then and don't just say that they will be doing so at some later date.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads