or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Nexus One
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nexus One - Page 5

post #61 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
Damn, even the iPhone only costs $360 more a year for the data plan.
It's misinformation. Vz charges $30/mo for the data plan, just like everybody else. BTW, pricing leaked earlier today via Gizdomo. It's $530 for a straight phone, or $180 subsidized by TMo (with a 2 year contract, obviously).
post #62 of 185
Been using my 3gs on tmobile for a little while. Definitely will be selling it if the rumored specs are true. It's just an all around better phone than the iphone
post #63 of 185
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...ck-out-on-att/ Unconfirmed tip on BGR about AT&T 3G. Would make sense for GOOG to do this IMO otherwise, as I've said in this thread, why even bother with an unlocked version. Other than TS being a special flower I mean.
post #64 of 185
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbie View Post
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...ck-out-on-att/

Unconfirmed tip on BGR about AT&T 3G. Would make sense for GOOG to do this IMO otherwise, as I've said in this thread, why even bother with an unlocked version. Other than TS being a special flower I mean.

I am the most special flower. I bend Google to my will!!!
post #65 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn View Post
It's misinformation. Vz charges $30/mo for the data plan, just like everybody else.

T-Mobile charges $30. Should I have opted for the Droid, I'd have had to pay $45.99 to Vz.

$550 a year for a data plan? No thanks. Not when my home DSL is half that.
post #66 of 185
seems to have some nice features ... not sure if its enough for me to switch .. :/
post #67 of 185
I bought one

kthxbye.
post #68 of 185
m2! yeeyh
post #69 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiletduck View Post
I bought one

kthxbye.

Let us know how you like it.

Between this and the HD2 reportedly also going to T-Mobile I might have to switch carriers.

I currently get 24% off my bill with AT&T. I should see if T-Mobile offers a similar (or better ) discount.
post #70 of 185
I was wanting one but my TMobile account isn't up for renewal anytime soon. And there is no way in the world I'm spending $500 on a phone. For such hoopla around the release I was expecting something more novel. The only real novel idea out of this whole release is that the phone is sold independent of a wireless provider - at an over-inflated price at that. Big whoop!
I figure I'll root my G1 for now. By the time I fuck it up I'll be eligible for the next Android-based phone that'll overtake the Nexus One.

Looking at other things coming out at CES 2010... I'd much rather have a super-slim laptop/smartbook for $200 a la the one Marvell designed for use with their Armada 510 processor. That it was designed without Windows/Mac OS intended is an even bigger plus.
post #71 of 185
I want this, and would potentially buy an unlocked version but I know those bitches at Sprint aren't going to let me activate it on my SERO plan.
post #72 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post
T-Mobile charges $30. Should I have opted for the Droid, I'd have had to pay $45.99 to Vz. $550 a year for a data plan? No thanks. Not when my home DSL is half that.
Do you live in the middle of bumfuck America that they have to charge you a $15.99/mo premium? I and everyone I know pay $30/mo for unlimited data for the Droid.
post #73 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn View Post
Do you live in the middle of bumfuck America that they have to charge you a $15.99/mo premium? I and everyone I know pay $30/mo for unlimited data for the Droid.

I live in Houston, TX and according to their website the data plan on the Droid (or any smart phone) was going to run me $45.99 per month, and that doesn't even include texting.

Went for the LG enV Touch with unlimited data and texts, and am quite happy w/ it. The only major gripe I have with it so far is that it doesn't natively sync address/calendar with MS Outlook, but there is a workaround that works kinda halfassed. So at least I didn't have to type in 400 contacts into the phone. It was still incapable of syncing the addresses though, just numbers and emails. *shrug.

Anyway, I'm very excited about Android OS but have no problem waiting to see what's available in 2 years. So far it seems all I am missing out on is having to go home to upload my pics from the parties I go to onto Facebook, as opposed to all my friends being able to upload them directly from their phones.

In 2 years I'm assuming phone and data prices will be down (hopefully), and there should be a nice repository of apps by then.
post #74 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post
I live in Houston, TX and according to their website the data plan on the Droid (or any smart phone) was going to run me $45.99 per month, and that doesn't even include texting.

Went for the LG enV Touch with unlimited data and texts, and am quite happy w/ it. The only major gripe I have with it so far is that it doesn't natively sync address/calendar with MS Outlook, but there is a workaround that works kinda halfassed. So at least I didn't have to type in 400 contacts into the phone. It was still incapable of syncing the addresses though, just numbers and emails. *shrug.

Anyway, I'm very excited about Android OS but have no problem waiting to see what's available in 2 years. So far it seems all I am missing out on is having to go home to upload my pics from the parties I go to onto Facebook, as opposed to all my friends being able to upload them directly from their phones.

In 2 years I'm assuming phone and data prices will be down (hopefully), and there should be a nice repository of apps by then.


Dude, what are you smoking? I just configured a Vz wireless plan for the Droid via verizonwireless.com using the Houston 77007 zip code. The email and web for smartphones plan is only $29.99.
post #75 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn View Post
Dude, what are you smoking? I just configured a Vz wireless plan for the Droid via verizonwireless.com using the Houston 77007 zip code. The email and web for smartphones plan is only $29.99.

Smoking nothing and I was quoted $45.99 for 77081.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Nexus One