or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Madras Shirt thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Madras Shirt thread - Page 8

post #106 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by palma View Post
Hey guys,

How does the sizing on rugby sport shirts run? I wear a small in stuff like gap, regular RL etc. Would I be a medium or a small in rugby shirts? Someone I think mentioned it fit a slimmer than the regular, but how much slimmer?

It fits smaller than J.Crew, and just a little larger than Gitman Vintage.
post #107 of 224
Thanks a lot alliswell,

Any experience with the BB slim fit shirts. How do they fit?
post #108 of 224
post #109 of 224
Just got these two from Lands End. Super light, airy cotton. The wind just blows through like it's not even there. 99 degrees today in south Tennessee.



post #110 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffatt View Post
Thanks a lot alliswell,

Any experience with the BB slim fit shirts. How do they fit?

I wear a 14.5" collar in the BB slim fit, and the Rugby Small fits about the same.

In other news, Madras pants:

post #111 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
In other news, Madras pants:

I saw a pair in BB today, unfortunately not in my size. They were Clark's and although I prefer the Milano, I would have bought them if they had my size.
post #112 of 224
I don't like patchwork - I much prefer the single pattern ones O'Connells has.
post #113 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
I wear a 14.5" collar in the BB slim fit, and the Rugby Small fits about the same.

In other news, Madras pants:


Those are great...are they BB?
post #114 of 224
O'Connells.
post #115 of 224
How do the pants from O'Connell's fit? I've quite curious as they have some great colors/patterns.
post #116 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
I don't like patchwork - I much prefer the single pattern ones O'Connells has.
For years I didn't buy patchwork, and thought I hated it, but now I find that I only buy and wear patchwork madras. The non-patchwork that I have hasn't been worn in a season or two.
post #117 of 224
So in terms of fit BB slim and rugby are about the same, but both are looser than gitman vintage? A medium gitman vintage fits about perfectly. Should I go down a size in BB slim?

I'm a pretty skinny guy and I dont want to be swimming in extra fabric. Unfortunately, most of the vintage 'bleeding' madras I come across is too generously cut for me.
post #118 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreek3 View Post
So in terms of fit BB slim and rugby are about the same, but both are looser than gitman vintage? A medium gitman vintage fits about perfectly. Should I go down a size in BB slim?

I'm a pretty skinny guy and I dont want to be swimming in extra fabric. Unfortunately, most of the vintage 'bleeding' madras I come across is too generously cut for me.

The small Rugby and 14.5" slim fit BB are 1/2" bigger than the Gitman vintage in the chest.

I'll let you know how O'Connells fits when they get here.
post #119 of 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
The small Rugby and 14.5" slim fit BB are 1/2" bigger than the Gitman vintage in the chest.

I'll let you know how O'Connells fits when they get here.

Much appreciated
post #120 of 224
It kind of looks like something my father would wear, but not really something more a man of my age.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Madras Shirt thread