or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › IC/PSA Swaine Adeney Hard Briefcase <$300
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IC/PSA Swaine Adeney Hard Briefcase <$300 - Page 6

post #76 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuknu View Post
Why would I want to sell it to someone who has made me look like a douche (wether that is true or not)?
I'm just curious, how did he make you look like a douche?
post #77 of 173
Poor form by Rubin to sell to another member, obviously trying to brown nose.

Poor form by Fcuknu, but no surprise judging by others comments of your character. Just sell it to Brett for what you paid and be a decent bloke.

SF should have a feedback or 'rep' tool for each individual user (I hate to say it, but like Sufu)
post #78 of 173
Thread Starter 
People have done shittier things for $500. Still, I'm rooting against you if for no other reason then so I don't feel like an idiot. Unless you want to give me and Brett a taste; let's say 10% each? Good Karma and all that.
post #79 of 173
Thread Starter 
Also, my first five star thread. That must be worth something.
post #80 of 173
This may be the best thread of the year.
post #81 of 173
Kid's being a lame douchebag, but why is everyone so surprised? Have you seen any of his photos? He has no shame; I highly doubt there's going to be a satisfactory resolution here. Let him sell the briefcase for whatever he can get, and all parties involved can chalk it up as a learning experience.
post #82 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Poor form by Rubin to sell to another member, obviously trying to brown nose.

Poor form by Fcuknu, but no surprise judging by others comments of your character. Just sell it to Brett for what you paid and be a decent bloke.

SF should have a feedback or 'rep' tool for each individual user (I hate to say it, but like Sufu)

Um, unless I am mistaken (and please accept my apologies if I am) I think I am picking up a scent of double-douchebaggery here. To wit:

Rubin (Dec 24): "I would need 350 after shipping and packing materials to make it worth my while to go back".

Brett (Dec. 28): "If a seller emails you, "fcuknu is ready to pay, but you're ahead of him in line. If I haven't heard from you tomorrow I'm going to go ahead and tell him to send payment. Let me know."

Then you respond within AN HOUR asking for the PayPal account name and writing "I definitely want to buy the briefcase."

Rubin: "Look Brett, it was the day before Christmas Eve, I didn't know when I would be on the internet in the coming days (editor's note: weak, very weak) or when I would be able to get back to the store where the briefcase was. I was doing a service by offering to buy and ship the thing in the first place. If I hadn't set up a queue after the interest check you would have nothing to complain about, since fcuknu was in fact the first person to offer payment.

I'm sorry I misled you in that pm. After I wrote it, I realized that if I didn't settle payment as quickly as i could I might not have had another opportunity to get to the store.

Brett: "You say, "fcuknu was in fact the first person to offer payment." Prove it. Show me when he offered payment."

Rubin: (silence)

fcuknu: "I think this would be better done over PM?" (editor's note: I think you mean you wish it was being done over PM, cause you're starting to get a little uncomfortable shall we say?)

fcuknu (today, post ebay 'bust'): "Well if you must know, the price went above 300 because he would have lost money after he calculated everything, and then I paid more than that..." (editor's note: As indicated above, the seller in fact stated he would need $350 to make it worth his while, therefore that was his stated offer to sell)

fcuknu: "I paid around 400 for it. I said I would just about break even..."

Concluding hypothesis: 1) Brett offers the requested $350 to purchase said item. 2) fcuknu after being informed of this next-in-queue scenario by Brett, offers to "sweeten the pot" to the tune of some $400. 3) Brett, visions of green sugarplums dancing in his head, then turns a blind ear to beleaguered Brett and consummates the dirty deal.

Final analysis: The perfect Double-Dbag Deluxe Holiday Platter, served with a little Ebay Sneaky Sauce on the side . Kudos to all chefs who contributed.
post #83 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post
Um, unless I am mistaken (and please accept my apologies if I am) I think I am picking up a scent of double-douchebaggery here.
Final analysis: The perfect Double-Dbag Deluxe Holiday Platter, served with a little Ebay Sneaky Sauce on the side . Kudos to all chefs who contributed.

Continuing on the "best thread of the year" train.
post #84 of 173
great treak, will read again A++
post #85 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
SF should have a feedback or 'rep' tool for each individual user (I hate to say it, but like Sufu)

NEIN NEIN!!!!! sf shouldn't do anything. It's great how it is and the market regulates itself. I have 5 star transactions without a little number next to my name.

Believe me, people KNOW. It's a small place.
post #86 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin749 View Post
People have done shittier things for $500. Still, I'm rooting against you if for no other reason then so I don't feel like an idiot. Unless you want to give me and Brett a taste; let's say 10% each? Good Karma and all that.
Dude, What about the $350 offer from Brett that you reneged on for an extra $50 from the guy you're "rooting against", under the auspices of "don't know when/if I'll get back to the i-net, store, etc"? Aren't you just a wee bit complicit in this imbroglio yourself? And again, by all means, correct me if I am mistaken.
post #87 of 173
post #88 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuknu View Post
Why would I want to sell it to someone who has made me look like a douche (wether that is true or not)?
I don't think it's him.
post #89 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post
Um, unless I am mistaken (and please accept my apologies if I am) I think I am picking up a scent of double-douchebaggery here. To wit:
now the best thread of the decade has the best post of the decade. Is it possible this is a ruse, staged for our amusement? It's hard to believe a) this could have happened and b) that fcuknu is willing to defend his actions so often and so poorly.
post #90 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure View Post
now the best thread of the decade has the best post of the decade. Is it possible this is a ruse, staged for our amusement? It's hard to believe a) this could have happened and b) that fcuknu is willing to defend his actions so often and so poorly.

Im not trying to defend anything that happened. I was merely explaining what went down. The OP offered the case at one price and promised it to Brett. I offered more money and he sold it to me. The argument that I screwed over the OP is weak. He could have sold it at whatever price he wanted to. He didn't have to take more money from me if he was "being a good guy", he could have sold it to Brett in the first place. I still think hes a good guy, but he is rooting against me, soooo....

I tried to use the case, it was too small. Then I originally tried to get it fixed, and that didnt work out. If Brett would have PMed me originally instead of calling me out in public, sure I would have worked out a deal for him.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › IC/PSA Swaine Adeney Hard Briefcase <$300