or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › IC/PSA Swaine Adeney Hard Briefcase <$300
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IC/PSA Swaine Adeney Hard Briefcase <$300 - Page 9

post #121 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post
^ Always more fun when the perps show up

Bill O'Reilly (to perps): "So, what say you, perps? One of you will be exonerated, and one shall have poopy in his office pants. Produce for us thine paper (paypal) trail. And remember, once you lie, you're out of the box. That's the No Spin Zone".

That shits fucking creepy
post #122 of 173
This thread throws rocks at the Attolini Tie thread. It's like a little soap opera
post #123 of 173
Thread Starter 
I don't think anyone is disputing the amount of the Paypal transaction.
post #124 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chips View Post
This thread throws rocks at the Attolini Tie thread. It's like a little soap opera

dont compare to el clon
post #125 of 173
post #126 of 173
Your timing sucks.
post #127 of 173
Just a newbie's opinion; Fcuknu bought this briefcase because it was offered cheap and it was a good deal. From what I understand he was the first to PM he'll take it, and also the first to pay. So far so good? Next, brett.peace (i think that's his name, can't be bothered to check) is upset b/c he was beaten to the punch. Next, and I will descibe this with emoticons,

After that, the briefcase shows up on ebay, because it didn't work out for fcuknu. He's charging a higher price, but why is that a problem. We are a capitalist society. Just because he bought something for cheap doesn't mean he has to give it away when he sells it. Plus, $850, or w/e it's at, is still like 1/4 of retail.

Just my 2 cents, based on what I've read in the thread.
post #128 of 173
I got distracted

post #129 of 173
Thread Starter 
Actually, I think that's pretty fair. And I'm done with this thread forever. I will watch the auction though.
post #130 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incman View Post
Just a newbie's opinion; Fcuknu bought this briefcase because it was offered cheap and it was a good deal. From what I understand he was the first to PM he'll take it, and also the first to pay. So far so good? Next, brett.peace (i think that's his name, can't be bothered to check) is upset b/c he was beaten to the punch. Next, and I will descibe this with emoticons,

After that, the briefcase shows up on ebay, because it didn't work out for fcuknu. He's charging a higher price, but why is that a problem. We are a capitalist society. Just because he bought something for cheap doesn't mean he has to give it away when he sells it. Plus, $850, or w/e it's at, is still like 1/4 of retail.

Just my 2 cents, based on what I've read in the thread.

buzzkill.
post #131 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post
buzzkill.

It seemed as if you all were having too much fun with the mass stoning of fcuknu. had to bring a little perspective to the situation.
post #132 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incman View Post
Just a newbie's opinion; Fcuknu bought this briefcase because it was offered cheap and it was a good deal. From what I understand he was the first to PM he'll take it, and also the first to pay. So far so good? Next, brett.peace (i think that's his name, can't be bothered to check) is upset b/c he was beaten to the punch. Next, and I will descibe this with emoticons,

After that, the briefcase shows up on ebay, because it didn't work out for fcuknu. He's charging a higher price, but why is that a problem. We are a capitalist society. Just because he bought something for cheap doesn't mean he has to give it away when he sells it. Plus, $850, or w/e it's at, is still like 1/4 of retail.

Just my 2 cents, based on what I've read in the thread.

As a newbie, you're probably unfamiliar with forum culture that frowns on people buying things off the forum b&s board for the purpose of flipping. The vast majority of member abide by that. The few that don't get douchebag reputations, and deservedly so.
post #133 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
As a newbie, you're probably unfamiliar with forum culture that frowns on people buying things off the forum b&s board for the purpose of flipping. The vast majority of member abide by that. The few that don't get douchebag reputations, and deservedly so.

but I didnt buy it with the purpose of flipping. I bought it with the intention of using it, then I added equity into it and BOOM. Plus yeah, I looked at my sad state of finances.
post #134 of 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
As a newbie, you're probably unfamiliar with forum culture that frowns on people buying things off the forum b&s board for the purpose of flipping. The vast majority of member abide by that. The few that don't get douchebag reputations, and deservedly so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuknu View Post
but I didnt buy it with the purpose of flipping. I bought it with the intention of using it, then I added equity into it and BOOM. Plus yeah, I looked at my sad state of finances.

He answered it well, but I'll add something to that. He didn't buy it from a member who was saying "cleaning out my closet, free to a good home, i want to give it to someone who will get use from it". he bought it from someone who had no interest in it, but was willing to buy it from the thrift store or w/e for someone on the forum who wanted it.

When I saw that listing, I figured right away someone was going to snatch it up to recondition and then sell. I would call that a smart investment, rather than being a douchebag. And fcuknu didn't even do that! he bought it for his own personal use, and ended up not having it work out.
post #135 of 173
Whatever, it's not cool. Nothing you say will change my mind about that. I'd never buy something off here that lot's of people wanted and then resell it for a profit. Most people wouldn't, though there are several people that do and it's lame. The value of the reconditioning is overstated. He lied about the purchase price so I'm not sure why you're taking anything else he says at face value. The end result will be less good deals offered here to members.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › IC/PSA Swaine Adeney Hard Briefcase <$300