or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Baldwin Raw Selvage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Baldwin Raw Selvage - Page 6

post #76 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by riot33 View Post
 

Same here. Bought two sizes and now debating whether to keep the comfortable one or the tight one..... Not sure if they are sanforized or not. 

 

I would suggest going with the tighter pair if they aren't ridiculously tight. After having felt them my assumption, although like I said I know very little specific information on the fabric, would be that they have the potential for quite a bit of stretch. 

 

Even in our heavier fabrics I have seen the potential for up to a size's worth of stretch through the waist and hips. 

 

Keep us updated on how they are working out - the fabric seemed like it would be a fun one to break in.

post #77 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by riot33 View Post
 

Same here. Bought two sizes and now debating whether to keep the comfortable one or the tight one..... Not sure if they are sanforized or not. 

 

Oh and to speak to the sanforization question - while I don't know for SURE, I would be INCREDIBLY surprised if they were unsanforized. I would say I'm about 99% sure they are sanforized, as I can't imagine them marketing them to such a vast audience with a fabric that would shrink several sizes.

post #78 of 96
Thanks for the advice.

Surprisingly, I received this pretty vague answer from their customer service. I am surprised Gap would market shrinkable jeans to mass market. Still not decided on the size:

Thanks for the inquiry and unless otherwise noted in the product description, the jeans are unsanforized.
post #79 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddewainhall View Post
 

 

Unfortunately I can't be sure - all of the sourcing for those pieces was done through Gap, and Baldwin really only played a part in the design process. I did get my hands on it, and I can say it certainly felt nicer than the typical Gap selvage, HOwever I can't speak to the origin or ounce weight other than guessing it might be around 12 oz. How are they breaking in?

 

bizarre

 

i just saw through reddit linking to the baldwin instagram noting "12oz kaihara"

http://instagram.com/p/en5557OuFp/ scroll down on the comments. 

post #80 of 96
how is the baldwin x gap denim? I bought a pair just because of the price. I already have a pair of regular henleys. is the fit pretty much the same? hows the denim quality? sounds like it could be light weight?
post #81 of 96
Are there any plans to bring out other twills/non denim fabric in the reed or Ryan lines? I think I own everything you guys have made in the past year for those two fits.

Also, how similar is the fit of the Ryan to the Henley? On the website, sometimes it calls the Ryan straight, sometimes slim. Never had the guts to try the Henley but it has such great fabrics available.
post #82 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by f***city View Post

how is the baldwin x gap denim? I bought a pair just because of the price. I already have a pair of regular henleys. is the fit pretty much the same? hows the denim quality? sounds like it could be light weight?


I would say they are going to be around 12oz - I didnt get a chance to try on a pair of them in my size, but eyeballing a different size seemed like they were about the same. I thought th quality seemed pretty good though - I would prefer it to the fabric they sue on their regular selvage line.

post #83 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by QVT93 View Post

Are there any plans to bring out other twills/non denim fabric in the reed or Ryan lines? I think I own everything you guys have made in the past year for those two fits.

Also, how similar is the fit of the Ryan to the Henley? On the website, sometimes it calls the Ryan straight, sometimes slim. Never had the guts to try the Henley but it has such great fabrics available.

 

Have you checked out the Fall'13 stuff? This current season we made a lot of non-denim versions of both. I have corduroy in the reed, an over-dye in both the reed and ryan fits in a few colors, and I also have the ryan in an unlined wool in both grey and tan. 

If you want, you can email me and I can figure out what sizing I have available in any of that stuff. My email is DH@baldwindenim.com.

 

Let me know!

post #84 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH View Post

Have you checked out the Fall'13 stuff? This current season we made a lot of non-denim versions of both. I have corduroy in the reed, an over-dye in both the reed and ryan fits in a few colors, and I also have the ryan in an unlined wool in both grey and tan. 
If you want, you can email me and I can figure out what sizing I have available in any of that stuff. My email is DH@baldwindenim.com.

Let me know!

I spent all my pants money and also lunch money on the sale. I'll get the burgundy and graphite Ryans when I get some more paychecks. Those look awesome.
post #85 of 96

I wear a size 32 in APC PNS and PS

I wear a size 31 in N&F WG

 

What size should I order for Baldwin Henley?  

Go TTS 32 or size down 1 to 31?

post #86 of 96
I wear a 31 in weird guys and I'm a 31 in henleys. my henleys stretched out quite a bit though. probably about 2 full sizes.
post #87 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by f***city View Post

I wear a 31 in weird guys and I'm a 31 in henleys. my henleys stretched out quite a bit though. probably about 2 full sizes.

So go you think go TTS on Baldwin Henley California or size down 1?

post #88 of 96
youd be safe with tts although i have no experience with baldwins pre washed stuff.
post #89 of 96
got my baldwin x gap henleys today. seems to be 12.5 oz. this pair runs about half a size larger than the standard baldwin henley. the denim has a subtle greycast similar to the Kaihara fabric Baldwin used last year. besides the hardware and the white unbranded leather patch they are very similar to my regular baldwins. amazing deal for 100 bucks.
post #90 of 96

I love my pair of Baldwin x Gap jeans, I got a size 29 but I'm wishing I went with the 28's, even though I could barley button them up. But agreed, really good deal. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Baldwin Raw Selvage