or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many meters did you row/erg today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many meters did you row/erg today? - Page 3

post #31 of 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
That's it.

ah, thx. BTW 5:45 is of course fast as hell. I just thought the WR must be below that, and it is but not as much as I thought.
post #32 of 567
Today was a rest day but I decided to jump on the erg after my run for a bit. Did a 7:09. I'll rest tomorrow and get back to speed on Sunday.
post #33 of 567
Thread Starter 
The wire connecting the computer on my erg to the erg itself has been broken since the day after I bought it. I'm getting it fixed on monday, but until then, I'm rowing lightly for 20-30 minutes a day, focusing on form. This was probably a blessing in disguise.
post #34 of 567
Yesterday, 10 minutes and just shy of 2400m. Pretty slow; its been a while.

At high school, I pulled 6:43 for 2000m and 5300m in 20 minutes. Then my shoulders collapsed.

I'm 6 foot 1 and 80kg. At 16, rowing, I was closer to 90kg.
post #35 of 567
2K @ 7:24 2K @ 7:25 2K @ 7:27 Then a few miles cycling (I decided to take advantage of decent weather).
post #36 of 567
back in high school when i weighed in at 143 5' 9" i pulled a 7:11.

it wasn't great but it got me in the boat and we did just fine.

i tried out 2k's the other day and couldn't break 7:45. still not bad i guess. i weigh 20 lbs more these days. man i need to get my fat ass back in shape.
post #37 of 567
Why: Do you do any distance other than 2k? I rowed in college and our coach had us do a lot of 3x2500 at +2-3 sec on our 500m split, along with a bunch of other different workouts. It'd be worth a try.
post #38 of 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydc7 View Post
Why: Do you do any distance other than 2k? I rowed in college and our coach had us do a lot of 3x2500 at +2-3 sec on our 500m split, along with a bunch of other different workouts. It'd be worth a try.

I do 5Ks and warm-up 1Ks from time to time but everything I do is based around the 2K. 2500m at +2-3 sec/500m is crazy fast and would put my 2K time alone well under 7:00 (somewhere around 6:30). I don't think I can go that fast for a 2K...

I'm still very new to this, so anything that gets me faster is worth a try.
post #39 of 567
Sorry, I should clarify (not remembering/writing correctly). I'm assuming your 2k split is around 1:45. For the workout, try holding ~1:52 for all three 2500m pieces. We also had a bunch of 10x500m (or similar) workouts.
post #40 of 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
I'm still very new to this, so anything that gets me faster is worth a try.

2 x 60min pieces; 5 mins active rest between. Those were fun.
post #41 of 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydc7 View Post
Sorry, I should clarify (not remembering/writing correctly).

I'm assuming your 2k split is around 1:45. For the workout, try holding ~1:52 for all three 2500m pieces. We also had a bunch of 10x500m (or similar) workouts.

Oh, okay. That makes more sense. I was thinking you guys either had really fast 2.5Ks or really slow 500s.
post #42 of 567
The only rower my gym has is a Liferower, you know that thing from the 80s that has a screen like an arcade game? Some days ago I tried it for the first time, did some warmup and then chose level 5 which was tagged " regular" . I did a little more than 6100m in 12 minutes but it was obviously a very easy setting, the machine has more than 12 levels if I recall correctly. How do you find out which level to choose on a rower? And since I am just starting can you give me a plan on how to work with a rower 2-3 times a week for about 20-30 minutes. On other days I will also lift weights about 2-3 times per week. Thanks
post #43 of 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
I did a little more than 6100m in 12 minutes but it was obviously a very easy setting...



I wonder how that was calculated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan
How do you find out which level to choose on a rower? And since I am just starting can you give me a plan on how to work with a rower 2-3 times a week for about 20-30 minutes.

It sounds like you have a plan.
post #44 of 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post


I wonder how that was calculated...



It sounds like you have a plan.


The computer said I was doing 25-27 strokes per minute.

What I mean by a plan is do I row continuously on a specific level or there are better suggestions?
post #45 of 567
Did the 2500m splits today: 2.5K @ 9:21 2.5K @ 9:25 2.5K @ 9:29 My average split for the 3x2.5K was 1:53 and I shoot for 1:51 for my usual 4x2K, so I did them all at +2s/500m. They were pretty rough, but I'm not sure if it's the extra distance or some of the fatigue from yesterday. Probably a bit of both.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many meters did you row/erg today?