or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pics included - Lime shirt w/ french blue suit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pics included - Lime shirt w/ french blue suit

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Thoughts on this shirt, tie and suit?

I admit I haven't a clue, that's why I'm here. I'm obviously still learning the basics.

With this suit (I love the shade of blue here) I am planning on wearing a eggshell or off white shirt with a bright pancaldi red tie w/ some blue in it. I still haven't found the right tie, but that's what I'm thinking.

But I decided to try it on w/ this lime shirt.

Any constructive critism, no matter how harsh, would be appreciated.

Thanks, Miz




post #2 of 17
suit fits nicely - just get some white and light blue shirts - enough with these disgusting neon colors from the early 90s
post #3 of 17
I think the suit fits nicely as well. I don't like the shirt, but to each his own. When you look in the mirror, do you like the way you look? Does it accurately project who you want to be?
post #4 of 17
The jacket is an excellent fit. The pants could benefit from being shortened a little bit, or so it seems from these pictures. The shirt collar is nice, but I hate the colour, and you could have it considerably slimmed. Buy some white and light blue shirts, and get some conservative solid and patterned ties (depending on occasion).
post #5 of 17
That looks terrible. Stop posting and lurk more.

Browse here for ideas.
post #6 of 17
Thread Starter 
Personally I like the shirt/tie combination, but not with this blue. I feel like the shirt needs a jacket / sport coat of some kind because it's kind of bright as a stand alone.

You think a darker blue like a navy suit with this tie/shirt combo would work?
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
That looks terrible. Lurk more.

Musicguy, would you care to elaborate?
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzles View Post
You think a darker blue like a navy suit with this tie/shirt combo would work?
The shirt is terrible. It reeks of Regis Philbin and I mean Regis Philbin from 1998. Even Regis would not wear such a combo today, he knows better now. Is it a Kenneth Cole? Is it actually Regis brand? I think you are overthinking the trendiness of the suit. yes its not dark navy but it's fairly normal. wear it conservatively. A green shirt does not make you "snazzy". Wear a light colored shirt with a medium spread.
post #9 of 17
The shirt should never be worn. The tie looks like it's from the early 90s, in a bad way. The obviously fused suit is a very odd shade of blue with extremely high gorge that doesn't work, imo. And... square toed shoes.

Like I said, lurk more.
post #10 of 17
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyStylee View Post

I actually like this better.
post #12 of 17
For starters, throw away all shirts that are not a) solid white b) solid light blue c) stripes consisting of white and blue. That should get you 90% of the way to building your shirt wardrobe. Later, you can fill in the rest of the 10% with things like tattersal check patterns.
post #13 of 17
Gotta admit, when I read lime green shirt, I had to see it cuz I recently got a lime green shirt, but its nothing like the abomination above. Its a muted RLPL for the spring.

That shirt is deadly. The tie knot needs work too. The suit is not too bad, but get a white shirt or something. You look like a Japanese mob boss. Dont take my comments personally, but look around here a bit and you'll realize how bad it is.
post #14 of 17
I think hes going for the Silvio Dante look.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post
You look like a Japanese mob boss.

Come on bro - no self respecting Yakuza wears anything but these...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pics included - Lime shirt w/ french blue suit