or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 467

post #6991 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post
not this again the man can eat what he wants to and call it what he wants to. he's experimenting to see if paleo works better for him. i dont see whats so wrong about that.
I don't believe I said he couldn't. Just based on what he's said, I am questioning why exactly he is even thinking about trying the diet in the first place.
Quote:
you've never ever ever answered this objection even though it's been brought up many times
Who cares where it goes? Some of the energy may be lost through heat, some through an increase in energy expenditure. In the end, if it works, what does it really matter?
post #6992 of 57265
he already explained why he's doing it (he's experimenting). you're questioning him because you dont think he's doing the diet with your correct ideas. ^that was in response to
Quote:
And I think your statement about calories is just completely false.
' you say this every time somebody says they believe in calorie in/out, but you've never answered the key objection
post #6993 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post
he already explained why he's doing it (he's experimenting). you're questioning him because you dont think he's doing the diet with your correct ideas.
It's not about doing the diet with my correct ideas, but with his own correct ideas. It's sort of silly for him to say that he wants to try it, he doesn't really believe in it, and that he's not going to even bother adhering to basic principles of the diet.
post #6994 of 57265
Quote:
you say this every time somebody says they believe in calorie in/out, but you've never answered the key objection

I am going to gather up and go over all of my books and research today, and I will come back with an informed and detailed response to this objection.
post #6995 of 57265
again he might not believe in your version of paleo, but he's applying somethings that are paleo to his diet. i dont see whats silly about that. he agrees with some paleo ideas and disagrees with others. its a simple question do you shit, piss, or sweat out the calories? there's 3 options that dont validate the laws of physics. there's one option (voodoo) that does.
post #6996 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post
again he might not believe in your version of paleo, but he's applying somethings that are paleo to his diet. i dont see whats silly about that. he agrees with some paleo ideas and disagrees with others.
Well, I think it's silly. OK?
Quote:
its a simple question
Look for a thread entitled "Where do the excess calories go?" by 8pm tonight.
post #6997 of 57265
looking forward to it
post #6998 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm84321 View Post
I don't believe I said he couldn't. Just based on what he's said, I am questioning why exactly he is even thinking about trying the diet in the first place.



Who cares where it goes? Some of the energy may be lost through heat, some through an increase in energy expenditure. In the end, if it works, what does it really matter?

because unless you explain where it goes there's no proof that it works the way you says it does.


you're the one constantly saying calories dont matter and then when we ask you where the calories go you say "who cares where it goes?"
post #6999 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post
you're the one constantly saying calories dont matter and then when we ask you where the calories go you say "who cares where it goes?"
I said who cares, because, sometimes, if something works, you just let it. Again, I will address all of this tonight. Patience.
post #7000 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by db_ggmm View Post
Ok, I need to know what you did to put your hands on the floor in a few months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
What did you do, strength work or just stretching?
Normal strength routine though I lightened up the load for awhile on account of my bum back. Then a ton of stretching. Woke up, then did a 5-10 minute stretching routine, some of it in the shower. Whenever I took a shower, morning or evening after working out, I made sure to spend a few minutes stretching out in the hot water. Before working out, another 5-10 mintues and after working out, another 5-10 minutes. Also any time throughout the day my back felt a little tight from sitting down for awhile, I spent about a minute stretching.
post #7001 of 57265
u mad i can eat all the fruit i want bro?

are you a huge kool aide phaggot in real life, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm84321 View Post
Then maybe you shouldn't be considering going "paleo"?



Why is your fiance thinking about going vegan? Is it for ethical/moral reasons? Certainly she isn't doing it for any supposed benefits to her health?



How do you know that lactose, or dairy in general, is causing your acne?



Oats are gluten free, naturally. However, the stuff you buy at the supermarket is not. When being transported, the trucks that most oats are shipped on are the same trucks that transport wheat and flour products, thus the oats are contaminated in the process. If you want real, gluten-free oats, you'll have to find a brand that explicitly states on the package that their oats are "GLUTEN FREE". Bob's Red Mill is one brand I know of.



If your diet doesn't seem to affect your results, why are you considering eating "paleo"? And I think your statement about calories is just completely false.



No one is comparing bananas to frozen ravioli; the comparison was bananas to blueberries, and there is a very valid and very scientific reason to make the distinction between the two. If you really don't understand why such a distinction needs to be made, then you obviously have much more research and consideration to be done before you embark on any sort of diet or lifestyle change.

And if you lived in the tropics, you would not be eating "bananas all day long". You'd be eating mostly fish, coconuts, and insects.
post #7002 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm84321 View Post
I said who cares, because, sometimes, if something works, you just let it.

going to have to agree on this. if it works for you, do it. if it don't, then try something else.

that being said.. holy fuck and wow to all this bickering about everyone's personally choices of eating protocols..

there really isn't one right/wrong answer for anyone.. is there was, we'd all be on the perfect diet and would never have to change a thing.

let everyone else eat the way they want and worry about what goes into your own mouth.
post #7003 of 57265
side note.. I love america and it's calorie-dense food. I forgot how awesome ben and jerry's ice cream can be and how many calories are in one pint. just tried americone dream yesterday and loved it. yesterday's cheat day of 13,200 calories was the easiest 13k+ calorie day I've had thus far. felt like a 11k day.
post #7004 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post
for real, i'm glad you're having success... I remember your -worthy "halp weight gain plz" threads so this is nice to see. what program / what are your stats / how are things etc?

I do a variation of starting strength, i use a smith machine to squat though due to lack of alternative. Gained 31lb and only an inch or so on the waist.
post #7005 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by db_ggmm View Post
u mad i can eat all the fruit i want bro?

are you a huge kool aide phaggot in real life, too?

Kool aide phaggot. Hm, that's a new one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts