or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 403

post #6031 of 49343
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post
That's perfect for me. I'm at like 10-11% BF now (i still have a six pack but i have amazing ab genetics--had them since i was a skinny little kid) but want to get at like 7 or 8%.

im the same way, i had a visible six pack even when i was like 193 with a true 34 in waist. now im 165, under 30 in waist and its crazy

why do i regularly convince myself i can play ball for 2 hours and then go lift... i always say fuck it and then regret it once im home. maybe ill head back late tonight
post #6032 of 49343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post
What's the deal w/paleo? Why follow a diet of people who had a life expectancy of like 35 years?

Mostly because it works well. There are a number of reasons why it seems to work well for most people. Not much interested in an internets debate, but in brief some of them are 1) foods are high in satiation, 2) high in nutrients, 3) low glycemic, 4) little glutten, etc. You can look it up if you are genuinely curious -- the internets are full of information so no need to recreate it here.
post #6033 of 49343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post
What's the deal w/paleo? Why follow a diet of people who had a life expectancy of like 35 years?
It's more likely due to the vicissitudes of living in nature, the often fatal encounters with predators, and a high infant mortality rate, that, overall, contributed to a lower life expectancy, not their diet.
post #6034 of 49343
Have a few steaks and shut the fuck up. Also, rack pulls and 5X8
post #6035 of 49343
Some scrawny kid asked me how many days it took me to get to my size today at the gym. He seemed sincere, and I didn't really want to make fun of him. I just said a long time. On another hand, my love handles are finally shrinking a bit after dropping two of my meals. But I definitely noticed a decrease in strength.
post #6036 of 49343
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylenooob View Post
What's up with all the calorie counting advocacy? I've always thought that was only necessary for people who had metabolic problems or something that made them seriously overweight, or people trying to get super shredded. Do people really find it necessary to count?
you're forgetting the people (me, included) that want to staying at a certain bodyweight for competitions or just personal preference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo View Post
On another hand, my love handles are finally shrinking a bit after dropping two of my meals. But I definitely noticed a decrease in strength.
good stuff. yeah, unless you're grossly overweight and/or have beginner strength, dropping bodyfat will usually result in stagnant or a decrease in weights.. but I'm sure you've been in the game long enough to know that.
post #6037 of 49343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo View Post
On another hand, my love handles are finally shrinking a bit after dropping two of my meals. But I definitely noticed a decrease in strength.
You never answered my question on the meal frequency and energy level correlation.
post #6038 of 49343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
You never answered my question on the meal frequency and energy level correlation.

I didn't even see the post. Link my ass.
post #6039 of 49343
This dude I squat with saw me deadlift 335x6 and said it was "too much weight" I didn't want to tell him that was my cool down set My legs are still giving out on my big set, might do a little leg work w/every workout
post #6040 of 49343
The next time someone does that open your eyes as wide as possible to a dead stare into their eyes, inhale as much air as you can, roll your shoulders back. puff out your chest, puff out your cheeks, then with limp arms, twist at the hips and swing side to side wildly like a spasmodic lawn sprinkler.

That'll teach him.
post #6041 of 49343
that sounds like the first scene from infinite jest
post #6042 of 49343
fuck, i am down to one love handle now...asymertrical and skinny fat, sweet.
post #6043 of 49343
Thread Starter 
I think another week and my hip flexor will have healed mostly. Back to the gym tomorrow, but I'm sick and if I don't punish myself with heavy squats I just don't feel like I've done anything.
post #6044 of 49343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
I think another week and my hip flexor will have healed mostly. Back to the gym tomorrow, but I'm sick and if I don't punish myself with heavy squats I just don't feel like I've done anything.

Sounds kinky.
post #6045 of 49343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ View Post
The next time someone does that open your eyes as wide as possible to a dead stare into their eyes, inhale as much air as you can, roll your shoulders back. puff out your chest, puff out your cheeks, then with limp arms, twist at the hips and swing side to side wildly like a spasmodic lawn sprinkler.

That'll teach him.

Impressive to imagine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts