or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 383

post #5731 of 46105
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post
You'll be fine, though I should mention I once strained my bicep on heavyish flyes by having an arm wrestling contest on my off day between back/bi chest/tris

haha this reminds of the time I dislocated my shoulder during a 1+ minute long drunk arm wrestling contest with this kid I went to high school with.. near the end I heard something pop but it didn't really hurt. I ended up inching him out. after I won and the pressure was let off, it felt like someone stabbed me in my shoulder with a thousand knifes at once - wanted to cry like a baby. luckily I was with a guy that dislocated his shoulder plenty of times and helped me pop it back in. a lot more shots after that to dull the pain.
post #5732 of 46105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post
haha this reminds of the time I dislocated my shoulder during a 1+ minute long drunk arm wrestling contest with this kid I went to high school with.. near the end I heard something pop but it didn't really hurt. I ended up inching him out. after I won and the pressure was let off, it felt like someone stabbed me in my shoulder with a thousand knifes at once - wanted to cry like a baby. luckily I was with a guy that dislocated his shoulder plenty of times and helped me pop it back in. a lot more shots after that to dull the pain.

I arm wrestled for the first time in forever tonight, just for fun. Beat a guy 5'3" 170. He said I had leverage advantage due to size (arm length). I called BS and beat him again. He was strong as fuck though, I don't care if I was 30 lbs on him, he was a junior olympic wrestler and built for his height.
post #5733 of 46105
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post
Pulled 315 today! New PR!
Also: DL form check?

It looks like you're not locking it out at the top, otherwise everything looks good.
post #5734 of 46105
Is there any good reason that protein power tubs don't include a "prize" buried in them? Finishing one off, I am reminded of the children's cereals I used to eat as a children, and the wonderful prizes they would contain - stickers, action figures, little puzzles, etc. - and I am left disappointed.
post #5735 of 46105
A select few of the more dubious ones may come with nice amounts of heavy metal residue - almost as good as a fake tattoo, wouldn't you agree?
post #5736 of 46105
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrH View Post
It looks like you're not locking it out at the top, otherwise everything looks good.

+1, it looks like you're leaning forward instead of straight or slightly extended back. Think of squeezing a penny between your ass cheeks and you should lock out. Pause.
post #5737 of 46105
pulled sumo deadlifts today, waaay more comfortable than conventional, no danger of the back rounding. Harder to get the weight moving, but at least its not stressing your lower back.
post #5738 of 46105
I do sumo as well. I think its better for taller people because it makes it pretty much impossible to bend your back if you go low enough.
post #5739 of 46105
Almost looking forward to downgrading to my 3 day routine in this cut, more flexibility. Had brunch + sangria w/friends, have to change my whole routine as I'm out of commission today Might just switch to a 3 day routine for real
post #5740 of 46105
The two things I'm currently loving the most are lifting (doing the basic 5x5) and climbing. I know as far as progress on both goes, they're not very compatible (bulking up via weights is def taking a toll on my progress on the wall) but I love them both and don't want to choose.

However, I also want to start training for a half-marathon. All these mix very poorly I'm sure, but I'd appreciate some input on how to structure my week. Currently I'm doing my lifts on mon/wed/fri mornings, followed immediately by climbing (is this a completely shitty idea? Currently I'm managing it, but I'm usually pretty beat afterwards). Should I want to run (or do other cardio) like two or three times a week, which days would be the best?

My main goal is to make gains on my lifts now that my shoulders are working again, but I don't want to do just lifting. I'd get bored of that pretty quick. So yeah, advice appreciated, don't want to start a thread for this tho.
post #5741 of 46105
i'd imagine with all those extra activities if you wanted to see gains you'd need to eat a few extra horses a day.
post #5742 of 46105
I am just not sure it's possible that lifting + training for some aerobic sport both at 100% is possible for most of the population You will have to decide what to put on the backburner
post #5743 of 46105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkar501 View Post
+1, it looks like you're leaning forward instead of straight or slightly extended back. Think of squeezing a penny between your ass cheeks and you should lock out. Pause.

Kegels 3 x 10?
post #5744 of 46105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Amiga View Post

My main goal is to make gains on my lifts now that my shoulders are working again, but I don't want to do just lifting. I'd get bored of that pretty quick. So yeah, advice appreciated, don't want to start a thread for this tho.

If your main goal is to make gains on your lifts, keep lifting MWF and do minimal climbing and running. You could cut down to twice a week if you wanted to climb or run more. You already know that doing all three isn't ideal, so just start small and see how you recover.
post #5745 of 46105
Thanks all, pretty much what I've been thinking. I'll keep my focus on MWF lifting and as long as I'm making good progress on it (I'm currently only on my 7th week of my routine) I'll keep things as they are. Will adjust when I stall. And will cut down on climbing anyways in the fall. Indoors it's not that much fun.

As for the running, def not focusing on it 100%. Just finishing a half-marathon is enough, that's not too hard. Maybe a run two times a week wouldn't mess too much with my lifting.

And yeah, I do eat ridiculous amounts these days. No horses yet, but I'm getting there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts