or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3785

post #56761 of 57260
Probably wasn't over the limit for the T/E test and they decided to retest with CIR recently
post #56762 of 57260
Haven't posted here in fucking ages. I completely fell off the wagon for my first MBA year. Traveled for a couple weeks and after felt the most disgusting I've felt in a long time so decided to work over the summer on sticking to my diet and workout program. Got a Bod Pod test done which shows me at 17.3% body fat, need to lose about 15 pounds to get to 9-10% which is my goal.

Set my cals to a 750 kcal deficit and have ten weeks to lose it. I'll be working a summer investment banking internship which is going to be long long long hours so my goal is to go in the morning. If I can do it over the summer, anyone can, and that means I can also stick to it during the school year (though I'm cutting now so I can "bulk" during the year i.e. have a social life hahaha).

Already one week in and going solid, nine weeks left!

Just need to focus on getting more protein. Also I probably won't get nearly enough sleep but it's a necessary sacrifice!
post #56763 of 57260
Anyone except eason and tesseract here using steroids at the moment?

If not, why not?

I am now at the age where I will only be going backwards from now on in. Also have this shoulder injury which refuses to heal

Seriously considering 500mg test a week.

The things holding me back are
1) illegality, particularly professional effects
2) my hair line. Im slightly receding at the temples, which I think is normal for white men and won't necessarily get worse so I would rather hold on to it. I dont want to use finasteride, so hair transplant would be the only option. But, I've seen some good results and I can afford it so maybe not such a problem.

Anyone else in the same situation?
post #56764 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

Anyone except eason and tesseract here using steroids at the moment?

If not, why not?

I am now at the age where I will only be going backwards from now on in. Also have this shoulder injury which refuses to heal

Seriously considering 500mg test a week.

The things holding me back are
1) illegality, particularly professional effects
2) my hair line. Im slightly receding at the temples, which I think is normal for white men and won't necessarily get worse so I would rather hold on to it. I dont want to use finasteride, so hair transplant would be the only option. But, I've seen some good results and I can afford it so maybe not such a problem.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Read this: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/01/18/how-to-increase-testosterone-naturally/
Also, there are studies that show tongkat ali to increase test naturally.

Why don't you want to take finasteride? I've been taking it since I was 24 and I'm now 31 with no side effects and a full head of hair. I say take it, why not? If not, or if you want to try it in conjunction with finasteride, rogaine works.
post #56765 of 57260
Most of the stuff in that link I am either doing or is not possible for other reasons (sleep and stress)
To be honest I don't think that stuff is going to compare to shooting into your body directly

Finasteride just worries me with regards to post finasteride syndrome libido lethargy etc
I know most people are not affected but there's enough horror stories to worry me
post #56766 of 57260
Has anyone had patellar tendonitis? 6 weeks ago i was deadlifting, everything felt great, but then later that night (hours later) my knee started hurting. The pain is entirely focused on the area right beneath the knee cap. It's a very mild discomfort and has gotten better over time but not healed yet. If I move the knee cap around, the entire area feels spongy, compared to the other knee. The joint feels fine; the only time I notice any discomfort is when walking on the stairs, bending my knee.

Does this sound like patellar tendonitis?
post #56767 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post

Has anyone had patellar tendonitis? 6 weeks ago i was deadlifting, everything felt great, but then later that night (hours later) my knee started hurting. The pain is entirely focused on the area right beneath the knee cap. It's a very mild discomfort and has gotten better over time but not healed yet. If I move the knee cap around, the entire area feels spongy, compared to the other knee. The joint feels fine; the only time I notice any discomfort is when walking on the stairs, bending my knee.

Does this sound like patellar tendonitis?

Hard to say whether you have patellar tendonitis, as the diagnosis itself is very vague. From my understanding it basically is "undefined knee pain".

I have had knee problems since late summer 2014. Started like yours, sudden mild discomfort and pain after a normal workout. Hurt walking uphill and downhill and when I loaded the knee, as with squats. Continued training with adjustments but still worsened to the point of no leg training for months and then complete rebuildup of my squat. Then it came back a year later after a tough training cycle. It has since troubled me as soon as I increase training volume to my previous levels.

My advice would be to:
1) not train your legs with heavy lifts until you are completely pain free
2) perform some rehab training. I had good success with low tempo biking and walks first thing in the morning, and after some weeks progressing to light high rep eccentric weight training, to finally start previous routine with less weights. Include some unilateral lifts at this point. Progress only when pain free.
3) make sure you have no muscular imbalances between inner and outer quad, quad and hamstring, or underdeveloped glutes and hip muscles. Make sure your glutes fire correctly during lifts.
4) mobilize and stretch stiff muscles. For me it was quads.
5) have patience.
post #56768 of 57260

Work on your rectus femoris, vastus medialis, and adductor longus and brevis through self-massage, foam roll / pvc pipe, lacrosse ball, etc. If pain subsides, continue work until completely resolved then stretch after. Also work on vastus lateralis. If pain does not subside, go see a doc. 

post #56769 of 57260

For pause squats do you go down slower too or down/up at the same speed but just hold at the bottom? And is there any point to doing them? I've been warming up with pause squats to get comfortable with technique and depth.

post #56770 of 57260
Having good success this year with added strength and loosing weight (192 down to 183 and holding). Set a goal to mix up my workouts. I take part in an aerobic/boxing/light weights to loud super fast techno. It helps that I am the only guy in a room of about 35 women in great shape. I mess up all the time but it doesn't matter since everyone is focused on their own deal. I'm so relaxed afterwards and I seem to burn a ton of calories.

As soon as the weather became nice I mixed gym with outdoor hiking in the hills. I look for routes with good steep inclines to get my heart pumping.

At the gym its stairmaster, free weights and a few machines.

Downloaded the Weight Watchers app. It really makes things easy and educational. Never realized I was eating so much bread and other carbs. I now find myself really enjoying carbs but very selectively. When ever I'm hungry or craving I eat a banana or have a bowl of mixed fruit. It really does the trick. Best of all just about every Starbucks in the country has fresh bananas up at the register. Much better than grabbing a 400 calorie cookie all the time. Eating more nice grilled steak and grilled seafood. Shrimp cocktails too. Never realized what a great, low cal and lean protein shrimp is. I have it for dinner about every 10 days. simple to.
post #56771 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post


Why don't you want to take finasteride? I've been taking it since I was 24 and I'm now 31 with no side effects and a full head of hair. I say take it, why not? 

Some people do report chronic impotence. Although not many, it's a risk you have to consider.

post #56772 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoCrimson View Post

Work on your rectus femoris, vastus medialis, and adductor longus and brevis through self-massage, foam roll / pvc pipe, lacrosse ball, etc. If pain subsides, continue work until completely resolved then stretch after. Also work on vastus lateralis. If pain does not subside, go see a doc. 

So interesting data point: when I wake up in the morning the knee cap clicks and there is some pain. But after stretching, roller, compression, and some bodyweight exercises (squats, hip, and quad stuff) the pain and clicking go away entirely. Knee doesn't feel 100% don't think it's ready for weight or running but symptoms are largely gone. Although if I push hard on the patellar there is some discomfort/spongy feeling
But then I go to sleep and wake up in the morning back to the same state.
Edited by msg - 6/18/16 at 4:04pm
post #56773 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape View Post

Some people do report chronic impotence. Although not many, it's a risk you have to consider.

You think you'll have any need for an erection if you're bald?
post #56774 of 57260
Your mom will still fuck us bald or not
post #56775 of 57260
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts