or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3746

post #56176 of 57260
Dana Lee makes good chinos for bigger legs. Also the ami stretch chinos or pleated chinos or carrot fits. Lemaire elasticated pants. It's really not hard.
If you want the basic of basics then iunno.
post #56177 of 57260
I guess tailoring is the only way to go. I have the pocket pulling problem, too, with anything that fits me in the waist. Hate to think how much more of a pain it will be when I start lifting again. I'm 5'10"/175 with 24" thighs and haven't touched a barbell for over a year. Got them thunder thighs. Genetix.
post #56178 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

I guess tailoring is the only way to go. I have the pocket pulling problem, too, with anything that fits me in the waist. Hate to think how much more of a pain it will be when I start lifting again. I'm 5'10"/175 with 24" thighs and haven't touched a barbell for over a year. Got them thunder thighs. Genetix.
Just do what I did, put on 40lbs, mostly on your waist. Simples!
post #56179 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

Dana Lee makes good chinos for bigger legs. Also the ami stretch chinos or pleated chinos or carrot fits. Lemaire elasticated pants. It's really not hard.
If you want the basic of basics then iunno.
$350 for some damn chinos lmao. I don't think my whole wardrobe (not counting shoes) costs that much.
post #56180 of 57260
I feel like some of you dudes forget this is a fashion forum sometimes.
Granted, not everybody is into the same stuff but when asking a question related to clothes it seems like a good bet that you will get responses with #fashunz pieces and prices.
post #56181 of 57260
Norse Aros heavy chinos are pretty relaxed, I just pinroll mine to tighten the taper.
post #56182 of 57260
This upper 70s weather is great, but I kinda want another month with my Stephan Schneider coats and jackets
post #56183 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

I guess tailoring is the only way to go. I have the pocket pulling problem, too, with anything that fits me in the waist. Hate to think how much more of a pain it will be when I start lifting again. I'm 5'10"/175 with 24" thighs and haven't touched a barbell for over a year. Got them thunder thighs. Genetix.

 

Too big of a waist will be a problem as long as you lift and don't get into the higher bodyfat ranges, but you should not have much problem finding pants that fit 24" thighs.

 

If you still try to fit in slim fits, low-rise and the same kind of cuts you wore pre-lifting, yes, they will fit badly. But most regular cuts like classic menswear labels do them should fit you fine. I started to get problems around 27". In order for it to look right, I had to buy pants with long rise and full upper thigh and preferably pleats. Actually kind of relieved I'm a bit smaller now.

post #56184 of 57260
^ Wow, where did that come from? Spam much? At least the dude is truly embracing the verbiage of the thread title: random thoughts...
post #56185 of 57260
Generally anything that fits my thighs and waist without alteration has a 9"+ leg opening. Which either means I have to size up in slimmer fit and have waist and seat taken in, or buy straight fit and have tapered.

For example the jeans I'm wearing right now are tagged 34, have a 25.5 thigh, and are still borderline tight, yet the waist is big enough I don't need to unbutton to take them off. I tried the size down with 25.25 thigh and it was definitely too tight.

Gustin straight fit chinos have a similar thigh to waist ratio. Tag 34 = 35 true waist and 25.5 thigh.
Edited by Van Veen - 3/10/16 at 7:10pm
post #56186 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Generally anything that fits my thighs and waist without alteration has a 9"+ leg opening. Which either means I have to size up in slimmer fit and have waist and seat taken in, or buy straight fit and have tapered.

For example the jeans I'm wearing right now are tagged 34, have a 25.5 thigh, and are still borderline tight, yet the waist is big enough I don't need to unbutton to take them off. I tried the size down with 25.25 thigh and it was definitely too tight.

Gustin straight fit chinos have a similar thigh to waist ratio. Tag 34 = 35 true waist and 25.5 thigh.

I gave up on jeans long time ago. I find they tend to be cut closer to the body with lower rise and narrower thighs, which together with the not so forgiving fabric causes problem. Full cut menswear pants tapered below the knees should fit at least somewhat better off the rack. A single pleat can do a lot of difference since it allows the pants to come out from the body so they can fall straight down over the quad sweep to the hem.
post #56187 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

I guess tailoring is the only way to go. I have the pocket pulling problem, too, with anything that fits me in the waist. Hate to think how much more of a pain it will be when I start lifting again. I'm 5'10"/175 with 24" thighs and haven't touched a barbell for over a year. Got them thunder thighs. Genetix.
This me to a t. I gave up on chinos. That side slit pocket on most of them flares out at the hips. In the summer I wear straight chinos and pinroll them
post #56188 of 57260
It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few years when wider hems and straight out flares hit the mainstream.

Flares were usually paired with a short rise at least in the 70s. But the tendency over the past few years has been higher rise (that carrot shape) so I wonder if it'll carry on with the wider hems.
post #56189 of 57260
For a look at a shorter rise flare/boot cut on an athletic guy, check out Charles Bronson in Cold Sweat. Modern Margiela also borrows quite a bit from that style with their jeans.

Looks good IMO if you aren't huge through the thighs. Gotta have it hemmed quite short which is annoying, and it seems to only work with a trim fit throughout the body.

The opposite wider hem style is oxford bags so presumably you can get away with a range of different fits.

Also Veronique's men's collections pretty cool.
post #56190 of 57260

Advice on how to get back from an extended break? I usually do a full body workout the first day and hit every area with 1-2 exercises, then divide my schedule for the rest of the week according to what feels the least sore. Not very scientific I know. Going hard next week during spring break.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts