Originally Posted by MarkI
Who here's does full body workouts? What's it look like?
A session is typically like
- warmup and dynamic flexibility (10-15 min)
- rear delts 2-5 sets
- core (planks, etc) 3 sets
- hyperextensions 2-3 sets
- squats in some form (3-8 working sets)
- bench in some form (3-8 work sets)
- deadlift in some form (3-5 work sets)
- sometimes more pressing (3-5 sets)
- sometimes rows or upper back (3-5 sets)
- arms (2-5 sets)
- other accessory work (3-5 sets) like unilateral stuff, more core, good mornings, etc
Nowadays I do this 3x a week and light weight bc of low back and knee problems.
When I did powelifting I did it 4-5x a week. Sometimes squatted, benched or deadlifted twice a session. Might sound like a lot, but working sets in the powerlifts were typically 65-85% of 1RM for 2-5 reps. Some days were tough and some were very easy. Almost never grinded a rep and it was planned to allow for adequate recovery.