or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3662

post #54916 of 57263

You are as good as how you feel. Nobody can tell you whether you are too fat or too skinny. If you feel good and healthy you are doing everything right . If you feel like you want to look thinner, go for it work out and burn calories.

Listen to yourself, not to anyone else. 

Even when you are in "perfec" shape peolple will tell you, that they wouldn't spent much time with exercising to look better. Here we go.

post #54917 of 57263
Thanks mom
post #54918 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

Thanks mom

Most welcome :stirpot:

post #54919 of 57263
Fifteen minutes ago, I just listened to two of my employees complain about how they need to lose weight. One is now noisily eating a bag of chips. The other just mentioned that "it's a chocolate kind of day" and is eating a mint smoothie.

post #54920 of 57263
Bro, don't even get me started on coworkers. Nice people, but healthwise.........................................................
post #54921 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

Fifteen minutes ago, I just listened to two of my employees complain about how they need to lose weight. One is now noisily eating a bag of chips. The other just mentioned that "it's a chocolate kind of day" and is eating a mint smoothie.
Maybe it fits their macros?
post #54922 of 57263

HA HA    HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

post #54923 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosh View Post

Maybe it fits their macros?

Shouldve asked.
post #54924 of 57263
Life got so much easier when I actively started avoiding virtually any IRL conversations about health and nutrition. YOU DO YOU, NAH MEAN?
post #54925 of 57263
I've basically just decided that giving advice or helping the rest of the world (friends, coworkers) be less basic will only make me look less good in comparison and now i basically never give advice to anyone about anything anymore.
post #54926 of 57263
I'm in that weird phase of fat loss where stuff I've bought in the last year or so is getting much too big, but a lot of the stuff in my closet that had gotten too small isn't really to my liking anymore.

Still trimming down, so probably gonna do a F/W of just buying a bunch of Old Navy and H&M, since it seems pointless to buy anything even moderately expensive right now.

And not gonna lie: I tried on a pair of ON slim chinos that fit and looked better on me than probably any mid-tier or high-end brand pants I'd bought in many years.
post #54927 of 57263

I agree with you, but if someone asks me I wouldn't deny my help because this person is open for advice. But it doesn't make sense to just randomly throw in some advise in any conversation, I think this is what you mean right?

post #54928 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post

I'm in that weird phase of fat loss where stuff I've bought in the last year or so is getting much too big, but a lot of the stuff in my closet that had gotten too small isn't really to my liking anymore.

Still trimming down, so probably gonna do a F/W of just buying a bunch of Old Navy and H&M, since it seems pointless to buy anything even moderately expensive right now.

And not gonna lie: I tried on a pair of ON slim chinos that fit and looked better on me than probably any mid-tier or high-end brand pants I'd bought in many years.

I haven't spent money on clothes in a long-ass time. I bought a leather jacket in Florence this summer for a few hundred euro and an RL buttondown at Marshall's in April, and that's it. Working a 9-5 office job where maybe 10% of people put effort into their appearance tends to suck the life out of having nice clothes.

I did dig out some old Gap chinos from my closet and they fit incredibly well for about three weeks until squats happened again.
post #54929 of 57263
oh for sure; if someone asks i'll provide help. but basically i've decided to not be proactive at all.
post #54930 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post


I haven't spent money on clothes in a long-ass time. I bought a leather jacket in Florence this summer for a few hundred euro and an RL buttondown at Marshall's in April, and that's it. Working a 9-5 office job where maybe 10% of people put effort into their appearance tends to suck the life out of having nice clothes.

I did dig out some old Gap chinos from my closet and they fit incredibly well for about three weeks until squats happened again.


Same thing happens to me... but I do spend quite some money on clothes. I have gone two sizes up in pants and trousers not because of the waist but glutes and legs...  and in the last year I have gone up one size in jackets, shirts... I don't know if I should just stop what I am doing or buy a bunch of new clothes... When I started packing all the clothes that don't fit me anymore I realised how much money I spend on this... there were so many huge bags filled with clothes... and still I have not given everything away...

 

I may have to start thinking about going to a shrink or something LOL

 

 

About giving advice co-workers, I understand what most of you say... I don't say anything at work anymore because when asked everyone tends to ignore the facts and start trying to refute anything I say (I gess people don't like to hear they should not eat tons of processed sugar or greasy food)... I'd rather keep my mouth shut than keep discussing that subject with people who stand firmly in their position and they don't want to be convinced they are in the wrong... It amazes me that they really believe what they read in magazines about 20 minutes of walking everyday will make up for all the sh*t they eat/drink. They consider themselves "active" people (fitness wise) because of those 20 minutes.

And of course we have those who think that people who work out regularly and shows are obssesed and not in their right mind... just because we follow a routine/calendar and try to stick to it and not avoid the gym anytime we are presented with another alternative.

 

Sorry for the rant... xD

I guess it is nice to know that there are more people in the same boat as I am sometimes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts