or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3649

post #54721 of 57260

I've been looking at a ton of olympic weightlifting videos lately. Makes me want to switch.

 

Unfortunately, an old injury to the shoulder is in the way. Can't reach that last range of motion overhead :(

post #54722 of 57260

Also

 

post #54723 of 57260
that's one fucking dumbass dude, I was at this event where he flipped out
post #54724 of 57260
serious that was the dumbest shit ive ever seen

a fat man in a tight lycra suit moving up and down about 5 inches while a bunch of skinny guys helps him and try to look like they arent

Is it possible to actually make a living from powerlifting?

Like do they get sponsorship and stuff? Or is it pretty much just for internet kudos
post #54725 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordion View Post

wait whas wrong with stronglift and eating at a deficit?

I was on that program for a few cycles. It's a decent beginners program but it lacked autoregulation and is too linear. But i was able to get all 3 of my lifts up. I prefer Johnny canditos' program. Check it out. He has the spread sheet for free on his site.
post #54726 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagrangian View Post

that's one fucking dumbass dude, I was at this event where he flipped out

I've heard some stories. His persona is half of what makes the clip good. Anyway, asshole or not, he's a very good powerlifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

serious that was the dumbest shit ive ever seen

a fat man in a tight lycra suit moving up and down about 5 inches while a bunch of skinny guys helps him and try to look like they arent

Is it possible to actually make a living from powerlifting?

Like do they get sponsorship and stuff? Or is it pretty much just for internet kudos

Lol at skinny guys. Look at one of the guys arms. Bigger than almost everyone in this thread.

How else are you supposed to spot. He can brake pretty much any bone if he doesnt manage to get up with the weight.

What has his bodyfat to do with anything. Its part of the sport when you come up in the higher weightclasses, since the body can only build so much muscle mass.

I guess its like any other sport that does not have much commercial support? From what I've read, most top eastern powerlifters have regular jobs.
post #54727 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

I've heard some stories. His persona is half of what makes the clip good. Anyway, asshole or not, he's a very good powerlifter.
Lol at skinny guys. Look at one of the guys arms. Bigger than almost everyone in this thread.

How else are you supposed to spot. He can brake pretty much any bone if he doesnt manage to get up with the weight.

What has his bodyfat to do with anything. Its part of the sport when you come up in the higher weightclasses, since the body can only build so much muscle mass.

I guess its like any other sport that does not have much commercial support? From what I've read, most top eastern powerlifters have regular jobs.
Don't feed em man!
post #54728 of 57260
also like his multilingual swearing in the end lol8[1].gif
post #54729 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post


Don't feed em man!

 

Haha, I feel like its an obligation to set things right. But yeah, I know...

post #54730 of 57260
I had the great joy of browsing instagram's fitness community today. It's like an even shittier version of bodybuilding.com + fitness magazines


With a side of extra crazy aimed directly at young women just starting out
post #54731 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoCrimson View Post

I had the great joy of browsing instagram's fitness community today. It's like an even shittier version of bodybuilding.com + fitness magazines


With a side of extra crazy aimed directly at young women just starting out

I'm guilty of following a couple of the athletic rear ends themed IG accounts, but the fitness model culture on IG seems like little more than thinly-veiled product shills.

"Just had a killer booty workout, thanks to my @skinnybunny fat-boosting tea!"
post #54732 of 57260

supposed to go to the gym today after two days rest but I started drinking at noon and playing Persona 4. I don't even know what my goals are anymore. I looked at my excel logs and realized I've been at the same work weight for 2-3 months now with a 2 week break in-between. If SS requires 5lb progression every week then I haven't been lifting properly since January. My sets are mostly 2-3 reps now, rarely 5 reps. I realize it's hard to progress while eating at a deficit but all I want is to lose the nipple/lower ab fat and thus don't wanna eat over maintenance. A friend recommended HIIT on off days + low reps on work days but I don't wanna do jumping jacks and weird aerobic stuff when I sweat the most warming up for squats anyway. I'm gonna go on a real cut for the next two weeks, and if no aesthetic results, I'll switch to the candito program.

post #54733 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordion View Post
 

supposed to go to the gym today after two days rest but I started drinking at noon and playing Persona 4. I don't even know what my goals are anymore. I looked at my excel logs and realized I've been at the same work weight for 2-3 months now with a 2 week break in-between. If SS requires 5lb progression every week then I haven't been lifting properly since January. My sets are mostly 2-3 reps now, rarely 5 reps. I realize it's hard to progress while eating at a deficit but all I want is to lose the nipple/lower ab fat and thus don't wanna eat over maintenance. A friend recommended HIIT on off days + low reps on work days but I don't wanna do jumping jacks and weird aerobic stuff when I sweat the most warming up for squats anyway. I'm gonna go on a real cut for the next two weeks, and if no aesthetic results, I'll switch to the candito program.

I find HIIT extremely effective. I would recommend you try it, you might like it. I hate doing cardio and love doing HIIT. I keep my fat at check that way all year round without the need to count calories and all... I try to eat as clean as I can but I eat normal meals (not following any "fitness recipies" or anything like that). You might think that could be too much effort if eating chicken breasts and brocoli may solve the situation easier but I just like eating too much to give it away... maybe one day I will follow a proper diet and amaze myself with the results but for now -with no bodybuilding aspirations- I am truly satisfied, and I owe it to HIIT in a great deal. 

post #54734 of 57260
2 weeks isn't that much time for anything though. You're not going to see real results with that.
post #54735 of 57260
You are not going to burn more fat by doing HIIT than if you would not and just eat less, so you get the same caloric deficit.

However, there are some benefits with burning more calories so you can eat more calories at the same deficit, 1) being able to train harder and (hopefully) still progress, 2) more calories while cutting maintains muscle mass better.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts