or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3618

post #54256 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

So anyone whose competed before have recs for peaking programs? I have 21 weeks before the meet. Btw it's in York, PA if anyone wants to do it too.

Most raw lifters I know do best with simple linear peaking ending at 95% two weeks out

post #54257 of 57265
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

@barrelntrigger


Sounds great.  That's good progress on the deadlifts as well.

I somehow fucked up my right hip today. Totally unprovoked. Just walked across the gym and got a sudden intense pain right around the piriformis. Constant aching that got really bad when I leaned forward. Limped around for a while and then quit the session.

Start to wonder why I've had troubles with knees, forearms, low back and now hip the last year. My technique is on point in every lift and I never max out in training so feels like it has to be something about my body not having the capacity for the training.

squats are just fucking garbage
post #54258 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Ouch! I've started doing a similar stretch for my hips but with one leg off of the chair at a time. It works great! Have you try this? I'm almost at a full split, too!



Dude. No. Why on earth would you do this if you had lower back problems. There's way to stretch your hip flexors without pulling your lower back in crazy extension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

@barrelntrigger


Sounds great.  That's good progress on the deadlifts as well.

I somehow fucked up my right hip today. Totally unprovoked. Just walked across the gym and got a sudden intense pain right around the piriformis. Constant aching that got really bad when I leaned forward. Limped around for a while and then quit the session.

Start to wonder why I've had troubles with knees, forearms, low back and now hip the last year. My technique is on point in every lift and I never max out in training so feels like it has to be something about my body not having the capacity for the training.

How old are you? I can't remember if you're 23 or around 28. When you start nearing 30 shit just gets injured for no reason and stuff takes forever to heal up. Sometimes it's just simply, you're getting old bruh. I think it's a bit funny when someone I'm working out with who's over 30 has like some crazy ten minute explanation on why their abductor was pulled.
post #54259 of 57265
one of the few times I completely agree with Coldsnap.
post #54260 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

How old are you? I can't remember if you're 23 or around 28. When you start nearing 30 shit just gets injured for no reason and stuff takes forever to heal up. Sometimes it's just simply, you're getting old bruh. I think it's a bit funny when someone I'm working out with who's over 30 has like some crazy ten minute explanation on why their abductor was pulled.

Recently turned 24.
I think the low back problem was a result of slow but steady damage. The high volume and high frequency approach I've been doing since beginning of 2014 might have been too much for someone like me with no real sports background or long history of proper lifting. My prior lifting was with quite bad technique. Maybe I haven't built up the right structures from an early enough age to handle it. Also very flexible in the back and have had some troubles stabilizing the pelvis when squatting.

Right now it constantly hurts. Feels like continuing to train like this would jeopardize my health when I get older. If I've had problems in my first year of PLing, I'm most likely gonna have many problems ahead.

Will prob dial back the training from here on.
post #54261 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post


Dude. No. Why on earth would you do this if you had lower back problems. There's way to stretch your hip flexors without pulling your lower back in crazy extension.
How old are you? I can't remember if you're 23 or around 28. When you start nearing 30 shit just gets injured for no reason and stuff takes forever to heal up. Sometimes it's just simply, you're getting old bruh. I think it's a bit funny when someone I'm working out with who's over 30 has like some crazy ten minute explanation on why their abductor was pulled.


Naw, bro, I don't do what was depicted. I do one leg at a time like a hurdler. I was trying to find a pic online but couldn't. This was the closest pic I can find. 

post #54262 of 57265

Sounds like your talking about a groiner stretch? Or something similar.

 

I stretch hips like this:  

 

       o

       |

 _    |___

   \  /       \

    \/         \_

post #54263 of 57265
Thread Starter 
quest chips are a game changer

edit: @fuji I have a maths question

if I fuck a girl who is pretending to be Daenerys while I pretend to be Kal Drogo twice, then fuck a ladyboy once, what % gay am I?
Edited by Eason - 6/28/15 at 7:07pm
post #54264 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

quest chips are a game changer
I tried those Quest chips, two or three flavors, IIRC. Not a fan. They left an aftertaste.
post #54265 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

Sounds like your talking about a groiner stretch? Or something similar.

I stretch hips like this:  

       o
       |
 _    |___
   \  /       \
    \/         \_

If stretching the right hip flexor (right knee on ground) emphasize the stretch by squeezing right glute and raising right arm full extended vertically. I so these 3-4x to help combat sitting at my office desk job.
post #54266 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

quest chips are a game changer

edit: @fuji I have a maths question

if I fuck a girl who is pretending to be Daenerys while I pretend to be Kal Drogo twice, then fuck a ladyboy once, what % gay am I?

This is solved by a differential equation.

2dg/dk + dg/dl = g

Which can be solved by separating the dls and dks and integrating with respect to k and l where g is gay l is lady boy, k is Kai dongo and d is differential/rate of change. On holiday otherwise I would have drawn out a transition matrix and modeled as a stochastic process. Fingered bae discreetly whilst watching the pope speak in the Vatican yesterday lel. Everyone had these huge plastic leaves with biblical shit written on them on their heads. Felt like flick from bugs life
post #54267 of 57265
Thread Starter 
Thx bae you delivered <3
post #54268 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post

If stretching the right hip flexor (right knee on ground) emphasize the stretch by squeezing right glute and raising right arm full extended vertically. I so these 3-4x to help combat sitting at my office desk job.
I've done walking dumbbell lunges in a similar way by raising both arms overhead with each lunge. Looking up at the overhead dumbbells helps to intensify the stretch.
post #54269 of 57265
I just commited (i.e., one day..) to pseudo leangains/intermittant fasting, with the purpose of weightloss while keeping muscle. Anyone tried it?
post #54270 of 57265
I think LG has its merits but that small deficit shit is for the birds unless u are already super lean. I def have used some of that protocol on my cut though (IF for years and 1.4-1.5g/lb of protein for the last couple weeks). But yea cutting on like a 200kcal/day deficit if u arent already pretty much ripped is a waste of time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts