or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3565

post #53461 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post


levfin sucks anyways, might as well go commercial banking. Fuck that

Levfin is just the bankers you deal with for M&A.  Probably the best way to get into PE is be an analyst/associate in a BB's levfin group.  Even a MM or Boutique Levfin group is a better way into a good PE fund than regular industry coverage group at a BB.  Nothing wrong with commercial banking, pay is still pretty good compared to the general economy, hours are less than IB or PE/etc.  

post #53462 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

angry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gifangry.gif

dat feel.


Didn't say M&A got easier, I said it seems more interesting

wasn't his advice essentially my advice?
post #53463 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post


Put the money in the 403b and send principle only checks to your student loan provider.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post


wasn't his advice essentially my advice?

 

Yes, with the caveat that you mean that he pay the regular payment (which includes both accrued interest and principal amortization) + additional prepayments of principal and that the word is spelled principal.  

post #53464 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post



Yes, with the caveat that you mean that he pay the regular payment (which includes both accrued interest and principal amortization) + additional prepayments of principal and that the word is spelled principal.  
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post



Yes, with the caveat that you mean that he pay the regular payment (which includes both accrued interest and principal amortization) + additional prepayments of principal and that the word is spelled principal.  

yeah i explained that in a later post.

also sofi does not look too great when you check them out on the bbb site.
post #53465 of 57262
USA is literally the worst place ever for students. Other countries have free universities and some great government amenities. I need to move to Scandinavia.
post #53466 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelep View Post

USA is literally the worst place ever for students. Other countries have free universities and some great government amenities. I need to move to Scandinavia.


Yeah, but then poors can get good jobs.
post #53467 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelep View Post

USA is literally the worst place ever for students. Other countries have free universities and some great government amenities. I need to move to Scandinavia.

 

Truth.

edit: the rest doesn't need to be said. I agree with you though.

post #53468 of 57262
All these finance peeps. Someone learn me retirement, with the way companies run now days the chances of me getting a retirement or contributing to the same 401k for 29 years seems unlikely. I have a Roth ira which I contribute to year after year, that's about the extent of it. I want to be comfortable when I'm old. Future planning reminds me. I need to stay on top of the cancer which killed my father and my fathers fathers at a young age
post #53469 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post
 

 

Truth.

edit: the rest doesn't need to be said. I agree with you though.

 

Why'd you edit? It was pretty accurate.

post #53470 of 57262
I really don't think education is too expensive, if you go into a good field afterwords it's worth it. If you majored in film then maybe you shouldn't have gone to uni. Uni is quite cheap in the UK like $15k a year or something and I have tonnes of friends who studied like film or art at shit schools. Why should the government fund people studying bullshit.
post #53471 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

I really don't think education is too expensive, if you go into a good field afterwords it's worth it. If you majored in film then maybe you shouldn't have gone to uni. Uni is quite cheap in the UK like $15k a year or something and I have tonnes of friends who studied like film or art at shit schools. Why should the government fund people studying bullshit.

 

Maybe because art isn't bullshit?

 

Why should people be forced to go into high paying fields they're not interested in because they can't afford to do anything else after school? 

Given a 60k+/yr cost for college in the US (less for state schools, but still damn high), why would anyone choose to go into things like community organizing or social work?

post #53472 of 57262
It is, they could have bought a lot of crayons with there $60k. If they're not interested in going into high paying fields that require university then they shouldn't go and should learn a trade.
post #53473 of 57262
If US education is fucked why are rich Chinese sending their children to school here en masse? Literally half of my finance classes were filled with Chinese with student viSas.
post #53474 of 57262

While on the topic of spreadsheets, is there some spreadsheet I can copy to keep track of my investments? Nothing fancy, just buy/sell share price and date and dividends.

 

Also, I think the main problem with some studies is that you study for 5 years funded by the government and then you go straight on welfare for the next couple of years, because you studied something without any jobs. Either they need to admit less to these studies or include some kind of user charge. I'm all for letting the individual study whatever they want and art is important for a country, but it's still problematic when people use 5 years studying for something which will just make them jobless for some more years.

post #53475 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

It is, they could have bought a lot of crayons with there $60k. If they're not interested in going into high paying fields that require university then they shouldn't go and should learn a trade.

 

Sense... 

You're lacking it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post

If US education is fucked why are rich Chinese sending their children to school here en masse? Literally half of my finance classes were filled with Chinese with student viSas.

 

Because it's a status symbol?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts