or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3518

post #52756 of 57266
My thoughts on recent conversations: Leather jackets r sick. Pizza @ planet fitness rules. Ex girlfriends are weird. I barely remember mine and at a party a couple months ago my ex girlfriend from when I was 15 (26 now) got pissed at me because I deleted her from Facebook and she asked why we can't be friends foo.gif I wanted to say I barely remember you, but I tried to be nice about it while my friend walked away and laughed at me.
post #52757 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post


Back when I lived in Tennessee the YMCA I went to had spin classes which I really enjoyed. It seemed to be kind of instructor specific, some instructors were motivating, some were annoying. Also, you might really enjoy the social aspect of group exercise. Since December I've been going to a gym that does group strength and conditioning and I've never been as dedicated or happy with working out - and it's because of the group/social aspect.

 

Sorry for digging this up from a few weeks ago but I discovered this thread yesterday and I am reading it backwards :P  But I totally agree with @RedLantern.I started with bodypump classes last October and I am totally hooked. I have lift since I was a teenager, but I hate doing cardio... at least your typical cardio... I love HIIT cardio though. Anyways, I just went to take a peek at a BP class and stayed all the way, never sweated more in my life and felt GREAT at the end and since then I have not missed one week. The other days I keep my usual lifting routine but I noticed I am bigger and leaner since I started with those classes. 

 

It really was a change for me because I was like "am I just going to be lifting this few lbs???" couldn't believe that... until my muscles hurt like hell hahaha Then I understood... but you keep improving week by week. 

 

About the instructors, that is so true. I think it is essential to be motivated by them and not annoyed. It is not the same to inspire people than to scream at people... some seem to have it mixed up. 

 

 

 

 

 

@APK I am relatively new to SF and definetely new here in this thread but I got to read a couple of your posts and you seem to be very reasonable and mature guy who definitely knows what you want and the brains to know that what you had was not "it". It is very difficult not only to know that you are "wasting" your time with someone (sometimes routine covers things up) but is much more difficult to know it and do something about it, most people usually settle in fear of hurting the other person, what might happen, etc. Anyways, I respect you for what you did and why you did it... Good luck with everything.

post #52758 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

tbh I have no idea why anyone would want to be friends with their exes(beyond just being casually friendly towards each other). What are you wanting to do...hang out or something?
Yea if theres no sex its pointless. And sometimes with sex its worse. Shit happens for a reason
post #52759 of 57266
Oh also on another note I bought an engagement ring and had the talk with gf's parents. Now just looking for the right time/occasion to propose.
post #52760 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Oh also on another note I bought an engagement ring and had the talk with gf's parents. Now just looking for the right time/occasion to propose.

Congrats mayn. I went ahead and did it the next day after I asked her parents. Does she know about it or is it a going to be a surprise? Are you paranoid that she is going to find the ring?

Also, be advised: engagement is brutal. Marriage is awesome so far though.
post #52761 of 57266

why is engagement brutal?

post #52762 of 57266
wedding planning i'm assuming?
post #52763 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post

Congrats mayn. I went ahead and did it the next day after I asked her parents. Does she know about it or is it a going to be a surprise? Are you paranoid that she is going to find the ring?

Also, be advised: engagement is brutal. Marriage is awesome so far though.

Thanks bruh. She knows I talked to her parents -- she doesn't know I've bought a ring and she doesn't know when I'll propose(bc I don't know either lol). I kept it in the box it was shipped in, so its a bit discreet. We don't live together(yet), so it's unlikely she'll find it.

I spent literally months obsessing over what ring to get, so I'm glad that part of it is done. Now just gotta find a nice spring day in DC and do a little additional planning.

For wedding planning, I'm hoping to have next to zero part in it. Her family is Indian, so I have no idea wtf goes into those sorts of weddings anyways. I'll just let her and her mom figure it all out and answer questions when necessary.
post #52764 of 57266
Thought I tore my adductor today. Was rolling on the gym floor for a good 15 minutes, could hardly breath it was so painful. Just a bad cramp I guess, felt fine after 15 minutes and I got back up and did a set of deadlifts with 285 doing a good bodybuilding tempo.
post #52765 of 57266
I'm going to an indian wedding this weekend. Hella excited
post #52766 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

why is engagement brutal?

Wedding planning is simply, the worst. Also, its embarrassingly precious to do all of the engagement "stuff" - showers, telling all your friends, re-telling the story of one of your most private, personal, emotional moments. It just wears you out, eventually. Also just the term fiance is annoying to me. Alas, an engagement is a necessary evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Thanks bruh. She knows I talked to her parents -- she doesn't know I've bought a ring and she doesn't know when I'll propose(bc I don't know either lol). I kept it in the box it was shipped in, so its a bit discreet. We don't live together(yet), so it's unlikely she'll find it.

I spent literally months obsessing over what ring to get, so I'm glad that part of it is done. Now just gotta find a nice spring day in DC and do a little additional planning.

For wedding planning, I'm hoping to have next to zero part in it. Her family is Indian, so I have no idea wtf goes into those sorts of weddings anyways. I'll just let her and her mom figure it all out and answer questions when necessary.

Cool, sounds like you might get off easy!
post #52767 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

I'm going to an indian wedding this weekend. Hella excited
Would love to go to one!
post #52768 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Thought I tore my adductor today. Was rolling on the gym floor for a good 15 minutes, could hardly breath it was so painful. Just a bad cramp I guess, felt fine after 15 minutes and I got back up and did a set of deadlifts with 285 doing a good bodybuilding tempo.

 

were people staring at you?

post #52769 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

tbh I have no idea why anyone would want to be friends with their exes(beyond just being casually friendly towards each other). What are you wanting to do...hang out or something?

nah sometimes you just care about the person and want to know that their life is going well. Doesn't work though, pretty much can't remain friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post

Would love to go to one!

They're amazing.
post #52770 of 57266

Got engaged at her favorite beach, small 20-person family wedding 5 months later on family property.  All I did was show up in my suit and tie.  Engagement life was wonderful.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts