or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3492

post #52366 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

how much do you fart tho?

protein farts mean you're getting more protein than you can digest and it's being eaten by your gut bacteria.

I used to take pride in my noxious protein farts but then i realized it's an indication that i can scale back. Now i get about 80-100g a day.

Not a lot actually. I mean I'm more gassy than normal but not a ton. This sounds like broscience btw
post #52367 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosh View Post

That's great news

like I said earlier, there are very very very few people ITT who even have the work capacity to achieve actual overtraining.

I've seen EWC level lifters who've been ground to bits on Bulgarian type programming with 4hr+ DAILY lifting if not more which had gone on for years and years. of course the main reason there being that there was no special restoratives like abadjiev would say..

but that's another matter.
post #52368 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Anybody have a good pre workout foam rolling routine?

Do the Agile 8, it's pretty simple and good for your leg days.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

 

 

Expensive as fuck but I've never taken protein supplements after high school. So in theory I should make more gains faster. 

 

What do you guys think? My co-worker told me GS products are clinically tested to contain the advertised amount of protein in each serving. 

 

Oh yeah, the casein is slow digest protein before going to bed. 

You'll probably only make gains faster if you've never eaten protein before. But then you'd be dead. Or if you've just been eating very little protein before. If it's to utilize the "window of opportunity" science is mixed on if it's actually a thing, anyways the effect isn't major. Not saying that it doesn't help, but it's not like it'll do a lot for your training.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

how much do you fart tho?

protein farts mean you're getting more protein than you can digest and it's being eaten by your gut bacteria.

I used to take pride in my noxious protein farts but then i realized it's an indication that i can scale back. Now i get about 80-100g a day.

As mentioned that sounds pretty broscience-y. It's probably more an indicator of lactose intolerance if you ate a lot of whey/drank a lot of milk. Also, proven effect of up to 1.8g protein pr. kg bw, so no reason to not bump that amount a bit.

post #52369 of 57263
Thread Starter 
Found a place that delivers organic paleo meals to my door for about 18usd each. Dgaf about paleo but they taste good and the macros are right. Will try it for a week and see how much I save.
post #52370 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagrangian View Post

like I said earlier, there are very very very few people ITT who even have the work capacity to achieve actual overtraining.

I've seen EWC level lifters who've been ground to bits on Bulgarian type programming with 4hr+ DAILY lifting if not more which had gone on for years and years. of course the main reason there being that there was no special restoratives like abadjiev would say..

but that's another matter.

My mum told me my special restoratives have been working recently, we all gonna make it RHET!!!!
post #52371 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

Found a place that delivers organic paleo meals to my door for about 18usd each. Dgaf about paleo but they taste good and the macros are right. Will try it for a week and see how much I save.

wtf mang you could buy like 25 squids on sticks for that much. Squid on stick is GOAT thai food.
post #52372 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

Found a place that delivers organic paleo meals to my door for about 18usd each. Dgaf about paleo but they taste good and the macros are right. Will try it for a week and see how much I save.

We have a bomb ass food truck here that's 100% paleo
post #52373 of 57263

Back has been fine during traveling and a few lifting sessions. Feels a bit off today after shoulder and leg day.

Going to try next shoulder day with ligher dbs and doing arnold presses instead of seated military presses and see if that makes a difference. All I did for legs was lunges/split squats with dbs so I don't think it's that. Will experiment with adding the hamstring and quad machines back in and do them super light (3-5 x 20 or so).

post #52374 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szeph el raton View Post


Is there anything behind only eating the egg whites? I always eat the complete eggs, the good stuff in the yolk seem to outweigh the potential negative effects of the cholesterol (which I heard is now not boooo bad anymore).

Training going great, weight loss plateaued a bit so I have to look at my diet again. I'm over 2kg heavier than in October but already have more definition, looks like my involuntary bulk was working.
You guys are my motivation. No homo. I (want to physically) love you though. Not srs.

Yeah, it was mainly to avoid eating too much cholesterol. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape View Post
 

Do the Agile 8, it's pretty simple and good for your leg days.

 

You'll probably only make gains faster if you've never eaten protein before. But then you'd be dead. Or if you've just been eating very little protein before. If it's to utilize the "window of opportunity" science is mixed on if it's actually a thing, anyways the effect isn't major. Not saying that it doesn't help, but it's not like it'll do a lot for your training.

 

As mentioned that sounds pretty broscience-y. It's probably more an indicator of lactose intolerance if you ate a lot of whey/drank a lot of milk. Also, proven effect of up to 1.8g protein pr. kg bw, so no reason to not bump that amount a bit.

I was told whey is the easiest and fastest form of protein to absorb vs. protein from food because food takes more time to digest and absorb. I was also told taking protein powder is a sacred law of weight lifting. I tend to think it's really a marketing ploy to sell protein powder but have read some studies they help muscle building more. I'm gonna take it for two months or so to see if I would make gains faster. Thanks, guys. 

post #52375 of 57263

my truenutrition whey has about 200 calories for 50g of protein, hard to beat that ratio

post #52376 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Yeah, it was mainly to avoid eating too much cholesterol. 

I was told whey is the easiest and fastest form of protein to absorb vs. protein from food because food takes more time to digest and absorb. I was also told taking protein powder is a sacred law of weight lifting. I tend to think it's really a marketing ploy to sell protein powder but have read some studies they help muscle building more. I'm gonna take it for two months or so to see if I would make gains faster. Thanks, guys. 

Nutritional cholesterol =/= blood cholesterol. Aware thyself.
post #52377 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordion View Post
 

my truenutrition whey has about 200 calories for 50g of protein, hard to beat that ratio

 

Well yes, because protein = 4cal per gram. 50g x4=200....

 

 

Also, you guys serious about paleo? :confused: $18 a meal isnt cheap... especially for that shit

post #52378 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordion View Post

my truenutrition whey has about 200 calories for 50g of protein, hard to beat that ratio
TN got rid of basic flavors though. Im not feeling that. If this choco peanut butter stuff tastes like ass I might have to go back to ON. Ha they just dropped it on my desk as I was typing this. Anyways ON's chocolate flavor is godly and they are pretty good about protein content. Might have to jump back on that wave
post #52379 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

I'm gonna take it for two months or so to see if I would make gains faster. Thanks, guys. [/SIZE]

You wont....UNLESS your diet was missing protein. Then anything with protein would make you gain faster anyway.
post #52380 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Well yes, because protein = 4cal per gram. 50g x4=200....


Also, you guys serious about paleo? confused.gif  $18 a meal isnt cheap... especially for that shit
Yea I dont know what thats about. 1.25 lbs of organic chicken = $4.00... spices (brown sugar, pepper, salt) = damn near free... baked Brussell sprouts are prob another $2. Theres my paleo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts