or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3480

post #52186 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

Aesthetics are why I go to the gym. I just don't want to run a million bulk/cut cycles, why not just one huge (not fat) bulk and one big cut?
On a big bulk, if its your first go, its not unreasonable to lose control of weight gain or not know what pace you need to move at. And big cuts are demoralizing with the same issues. You get too aggressive and your gains slip out of your hands. I did a big bulk and didn't get it under control until like a year in, and by then I put on a needless 10-15lbs. I just now got that off and am starting where I should have 2 months ago.

*EDIT* Other thing too is you might get a lot stronger but u wont get a lot bigger naturally over even 2 years if u have already burned through noob gains. Its not worth it dude Im on the other side of that mountain now
Edited by Cool The Kid - 4/2/15 at 11:06am
post #52187 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

On a big bulk, if its your first go, its not unreasonable to lose control of weight gain or not know what pace you need to move at. And big cuts are demoralizing with the same issues. You get too aggressive and your gains slip out of your hands. I did a big bulk and didn't get it under control until like a year in, and by then I put on a needless 10-15lbs. I just now got that off and am starting where I should have 2 months ago.

*EDIT* Other thing too is you might get a lot stronger but u wont get a lot bigger naturally over even 2 years if u have already burned through noob gains. Its not worth it dude Im on the other side of that mountain now

Ugh, I don't wanna look like Brad Pitt from Fight Club again.
post #52188 of 57266
Don't get that lean then. End you cut at like 12% bodyfat.

Cutting destroys my deadlift. Only did beltless 285 x 6 as top set.

Waist measurement down 1", bicep measurement up .25". Them arm noob gains to be had.
Edited by Coldsnap - 4/2/15 at 11:56am
post #52189 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Don't get that lean then. End you cut at like 12% bodyfat.

Cutting destroys my deadlift. Only did beltless 285 x 6 as top set.

Waist measurement down 1", bicep measurement up .25". Them arm noob gains to be had.

wat
post #52190 of 57266
I never go below 10%. I don't like how it looks.
post #52191 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

IIRC he is right that you "grow" fat cells that don't really go away (they just shrink., which make it easy to gain weight once you've been fat. That's the real downside to dreamer bulks.

As to being lean all the time being unhealthy, i'm not sure what that's about.

 

I was going off topic with that comment, but I basically meant that for most people its unrealistic to think that you will feel well at sub 8-10% bf and that you can sustain it. 

 

I know one guy who stay 6-8% year round but he trains 3-4 hours every day and with his muscle mass thats a maintenance of around 4000 cals (according to him). Under those circumstances its absolutely doable to stay very lean year around, as it is for endurance athletes and others who burn a lot of fat and calories and whose training benefit from being thin.

 

For people who don't train as much or carry as much muscle, staying sub 10 bf means very little food, which has effects on all kinds of health related aspects.

post #52192 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

Ugh, I don't wanna look like Brad Pitt from Fight Club again.
So wat aesthetics are u going for

To look strong and be fat u have to be REALLY strong. Im not sure wat u want.
post #52193 of 57266
Congrats rtc and CTK. cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif
post #52194 of 57266

how difficult is it to learn olympic lifts by yourself, and which is easier to learn, snatch or clean? And is it important to have strong powerlift #s before starting olympic lifts?

post #52195 of 57266
olympic lifting is dumb why bother. it's hard as hell and isn't rewarding. plus majority of the people suck at it. i have well developed form of both movements, can hit triple extension no problem, but i never ever use it for hypertrophy or strength.

but to answer your question you can learn it yourself. snatch is the most technical movement.
post #52196 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordion View Post

1. how difficult is it to learn olympic lifts by yourself,

2. and which is easier to learn, snatch or clean?

3. And is it important to have strong powerlift #s before starting olympic lifts?

1. To do them well, extremely difficult. To do them ok, probably about 6 months of training.

2. Clean.

3. No. It helps to be strong and athletic, but powerlifting is very different from weightlifting.
post #52197 of 57266
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

olympic lifting is dumb why bother. it's hard as hell and isn't rewarding. plus majority of the people suck at it. i have well developed form of both movements, can hit triple extension no problem, but i never ever use it for hypertrophy or strength.

but to answer your question you can learn it yourself. snatch is the most technical movement.

Tell that to omar isuf

Yesterday on my 3rd set of bench I felt a slight tear and pain in my left pec during the eccentric. wasn't even a difficult weight. Shitfuck.
post #52198 of 57266

so is there any reason to learn olympic lifting besides that it looks cool?

post #52199 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordion View Post

so is there any reason to learn olympic lifting besides that it looks cool?

It's a sport.

Same reason you might want to play table tennis or cricket.
post #52200 of 57266

so it's not necessarily better than powerlifting for building strength and physique?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts