or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3460

post #51886 of 57260

Eh, from the pic that you posted earlier it doesn't look like your bf% is alarmingly high. Also, if you want to look good/not DYEL why don't you switch away from hitting 1000 lbs as your main goal and make it secondary? Switch your focus from being strong to getting big (while still getting stronger). I'm of course assuming your program is targeted towards strength, not sure what your program actually looks like. 

 

Also, I doubt you're going to shirtless that much in August? As long as your bf% is somewhat decent you should still look good in a t-shirt.

post #51887 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape View Post

Eh, from the pic that you posted earlier it doesn't look like your bf% is alarmingly high. Also, if you want to look good/not DYEL why don't you switch away from hitting 1000 lbs as your main goal and make it secondary? Switch your focus from being strong to getting big (while still getting stronger). I'm of course assuming your program is targeted towards strength, not sure what your program actually looks like. 

Also, I doubt you're going to shirtless that much in August? As long as your bf% is somewhat decent you should still look good in a t-shirt.

I'm running SPBR right now. 1000lbs is a solid tangible goal but it would require me to switch to doing lower body 2x/wk which would slow my upper body gains which is where I really think I need it. Maybe I should just go for a 300 bench before cutting? That would run me another couple months of bulking.

Or maybe I should just switch off like I used to, i.e. one week do Upper-Lower-Upper and the next Lower-Upper-Lower so I'm hitting it all while still working towards the 1000lb total. The thing is that SPBR has me do some upper on "Lower" days (i.e. back and bicep work).
post #51888 of 57260

I'd never heard of that routine, but I just looked it up and if you feel like you're missing out in the upper body department (your chest seems a bit behind from the pic), I'm not sure why you'd have such a low frequency+volume for your chest? I mean less than 10 sets a week really isn't a lot and your main exercises are only 3 sets?? As I remember you've lifted before and therefore not completely new, so if I were you I'd probably switch to an upper/lower split 4x times a week. Then you can start out with a compound movement where you have some progression, like 5x5 or whatever for squat, deadlift, military press and bench press, and then you could do higher reps and supersets for the rest of your workout.

 

If I was only working out 3x a week I'd probably do fullbody to have a high frequency, if you don't have the time for 4x a week.

post #51889 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape View Post

I'd never heard of that routine, but I just looked it up and if you feel like you're missing out in the upper body department (your chest seems a bit behind from the pic), I'm not sure why you'd have such a low frequency+volume for your chest? I mean less than 10 sets a week really isn't a lot and your main exercises are only 3 sets?? As I remember you've lifted before and therefore not completely new, so if I were you I'd probably switch to an upper/lower split 4x times a week. Then you can start out with a compound movement where you have some progression, like 5x5 or whatever for squat, deadlift, military press and bench press, and then you could do higher reps and supersets for the rest of your workout.

If I was only working out 3x a week I'd probably do fullbody to have a high frequency, if you don't have the time for 4x a week.

Well I do upper 2x/wk now (M & F) which would be 6 sets of bench/incline and 8 sets of db bench/incline, so 14 sets/wk on chest. And I've had solid progress on bench, at least. Here's my lifting spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18lNdmZHze9h7wlzZzrGMpsvqGaygsSxQ48e-C3FY-0Q/edit?usp=sharing
post #51890 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szeph el raton View Post

Got addicted to the newest misc virus, being to use Fling to troll people and try to score nudes. Unbelievable how whole hours out of ones day can just disappear. On the positive side I have optimized my selfie technique on how to highlight my poverty abs.

What is this website I want to see some nudes.
post #51891 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

Gf is worried I'll never stop bulking. I am too TBH. confused.gif

Actually, I'm just worried I'm still gonna look DYEL if I stop bulking after just totaling 1000. Also want to look good for when I start school in August, which means have a bulk and most of a cut cycle finished.

Considering hitting upper for a bit longer and deferring the 1000 lb goal. IDK. ugh

Food for thought... I could have got just as strong as I was at the start of my cut at 15lb lower body weight as the last ~4-6 months of my bulk I kept making gains while holding weight steady

Summer time pool parties, beach trips and pretty much any time to walk around shirtless, my ~1000 lb total doesnt mean shit confused.gif Wifey likes more size but not fat

Plus leaning out and doing cardio and shit I feel a lot healthier. Resting heart rate is super low, endurance is up in the gym even in a deficit, etc etc. U have plenty of time, I would cut down and enjoy the summer.
post #51892 of 57260
Really not sure why you'd care about your total if you're not competing.
post #51893 of 57260

Every time I see a new post by Milosh all I can think of is....

 

post #51894 of 57260
took a break from cutting because i was feeling sick and i wanted to see how i even out and tbh, i'm so close to that super aesthetic sub 10% point that I'm gonna hop back on the wagon. Not sure how many lbs it'll take to get there (hovering around 162, down from 167) but i've got lots of time before sun's out guns out.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #51895 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosh View Post

Really not sure why you'd care about your total if you're not competing.

It's just a goal to have and it's really motivated me to kick ass at the gym.
post #51896 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosh View Post

Really not sure why you'd care about your total if you're not competing.

Can't the same be said for someone that wants to get muscular and lean?
post #51897 of 57260
Not really if you're doing it for the 'mirin.

I'm at an LA fitness back home in PA and i feel so freaking tiny. Which i know i am, but Damn son.
post #51898 of 57260
I find the specific act of competing in body building shows to be a bit... weird. I am not surprised the YT fitness folks I follow generally don't compete, even though most of em easily could.
post #51899 of 57260
Also, i want my next gym to Fucking have hammer strength machines...
post #51900 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post


Can't the same be said for someone that wants to get muscular and lean?

I agree that it's a silly statement to make as it'd not be factoring in if someone is doing it because of the personal improvement/psychological rewards. That being said there are probably more people who care about getting muscular and lean to get approval from others/self-confidence, not really the same if you have a big total.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts