or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3403

post #51031 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post


Like this is my mate

https://instagram.com/p/eNYEUpA6xQ/?modal=true

jacked to fuck and really strong, but on that power build time, which i'm not a fan of, but he plays rugby so it prob helps.

.

This is very similar to my build except his chest has a better natural shape - mine just gets thick but doesn't look great from the front unless I'm lean.

The solid core and barrell-chestednes does lend itself very well to rugby* and sports in general but your buddy and I have realised that you need to put a fuck ton of work into shoulders, traps and lats or you look like you don't even lift.

*Exhibit A, Richie McCaw
post #51032 of 57266
Yeah can't imagine my 27" waist when im cut would be able to take many hits. My neck would probably snap. Come to think of it, the one time i played rugby when i was about 12 i got a concussion. Sorry to hear about your chest, didn't know you could have less upper chest.
post #51033 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Yeah can't imagine my 27" waist when im cut would be able to take many hits. My neck would probably snap. Come to think of it, the one time i played rugby when i was about 12 i got a concussion. Sorry to hear about your chest, didn't know you could have less upper chest.

For me it's not really lack of upper chest, it's the shape of the lower chest that looks quite shit unless I'm lean. Dunno, it's not terrible or anything but I'm jelly of dudes whose nipples sorta point down and to the side like that, and whose lower chest sorta sweeps up to the front delts. My nipples just point straight forward and there's not really a nice line up to the front delts.

fucking weird analysis but there you go.
post #51034 of 57266
yo my nipple suck too. friend in middleschool use to say i had old grampa nipples
post #51035 of 57266

@hendrix, not to start the stretching vs strengthening war again... but... Do you have a core/accessory strengthening regimen you like?

I want to work on some other core exercises since I don't think I've been staying on top of them as much as I should be doing given my issues. I do cable crunches, leg raises, and hamstring extension-ish things right now. Also planks and side planks (will do more regularly), but I think this stuff is going to be incredibly important for me moving forward.

post #51036 of 57266
I think I have a good shape except that wide hip bullshit. The funny thing is that girls view mass so differently than bros. Unless they are those mass loving jersey shore type girls
post #51037 of 57266
Buy some furniture pads/frisbees/valsides and go to town. Planks are kind of worthless unless you are doing them through a range of motion.
post #51038 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

@hendrix
, not to start the stretching vs strengthening war again... but... Do you have a core/accessory strengthening regimen you like?

I want to work on some other core exercises since I don't think I've been staying on top of them as much as I should be doing given my issues. I do cable crunches, leg raises, and hamstring extension-ish things right now. Also planks and side planks (will do more regularly), but I think this stuff is going to be incredibly important for me moving forward.

Good stuff. I can't stress enough how important it is to target the hamstrings and actually isolate them as much as you can with the leg curls, stiff leg deadlifts and GHR. Healthy hammies are like 90% of injury prevention and despite the dogma they pretty much don't get any work in the squat or even the deadlift. I try to hit the hammies 3 times a week absolute minimum with those exercises.

Front squats in the routine is also very beneficial to core strengthening, along with standard squats and bench press.

In terms of targeted stuff I do:

1. Cable wood choppers for obliques (change the angles every now and then to hit more of the serratus etc).
2. Leg raises (with dumbbell between ankles)
3. Decline weighted sit ups

Pretty much all for like 3 sets of 15, 2-3x per week.
post #51039 of 57266
Need a suggestion for a shake recipe - something with a yogurt base, looking to keep it low cal, low carb, high protein. Any pointers?
post #51040 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Yeah can't imagine my 27" waist when im cut would be able to take many hits. My neck would probably snap. Come to think of it, the one time i played rugby when i was about 12 i got a concussion. Sorry to hear about your chest, didn't know you could have less upper chest.

 

I participated in a rugby training session when I studied in Hong Kong. 

It was right after my cut and I looked pretty lean and in shape (roughly 9-10% bf) so people thought I'd be able to tackle well and take hits. Was not the case. Being tall did not help either.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post

Need a suggestion for a shake recipe - something with a yogurt base, looking to keep it low cal, low carb, high protein. Any pointers?
 
Just add protein powder?
Hard to think of any other solution if you need it to be low in carbs and fat but high in protein.
Btw, why not just take a regular shake of protein powder and water?
post #51041 of 57266
 
Three great core exercises I regularly do:
 
 
 
 
The last one could be great or really bad for you considering your back history. Its used to cue keeping a straight back under loads (for squats and deads). Start without weights.
post #51042 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

@hendrix, not to start the stretching vs strengthening war again... but... Do you have a core/accessory strengthening regimen you like?

I want to work on some other core exercises since I don't think I've been staying on top of them as much as I should be doing given my issues. I do cable crunches, leg raises, and hamstring extension-ish things right now. Also planks and side planks (will do more regularly), but I think this stuff is going to be incredibly important for me moving forward.

Stir da pot. Stir da pot. Then stir da pot some more.

 

Suitcase carries, farmers walks, beltless paused squats, suitcase deadlifts, weighted planks, ab wheel, anything Stuart McGill recommends, pallof anti-extension/rotation holds and presses, blah blah blah

 

Oh, and heavy front squat holds

post #51043 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

For me it's not really lack of upper chest, it's the shape of the lower chest that looks quite shit unless I'm lean. Dunno, it's not terrible or anything but I'm jelly of dudes whose nipples sorta point down and to the side like that, and whose lower chest sorta sweeps up to the front delts. My nipples just point straight forward and there's not really a nice line up to the front delts.

fucking weird analysis but there you go.

Grow your chest. My chest looks weird until I'm at the bodyfat level I'm at now. Having fat over your chest muscle just looks like you have tits until you get to a certain bf level.
post #51044 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoCrimson View Post

Stir da pot. Stir da pot. Then stir da pot some more.

Suitcase carries, farmers walks, beltless paused squats, suitcase deadlifts, weighted planks, ab wheel, anything Stuart McGill recommends, pallof anti-extension/rotation holds and presses, blah blah blah

Oh, and heavy front squat holds

I really like overhead carries.
post #51045 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post

Grow your chest. My chest looks weird until I'm at the bodyfat level I'm at now. Having fat over your chest muscle just looks like you have tits until you get to a certain bf level.

yeah you're probably right. The actual size is decent but I'm probably just carrying a lot of fat there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts