or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3356

post #50326 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post

Tren is good for crazy dreams and caber is good for buckets of cum.

lolol
post #50327 of 57266
ZMA makes me sleep so damn heavy. I love it. I pissed the bed once from sleeping so hard when i took that ZMA charly sent me.
post #50328 of 57266

I actually started taking it to sleep better. Any other benefits will be a bonus.

I'll hold my thoughts out till I get a few more weeks in, but I'm taking it with fish oil which shouldn't be an issue for absorption.

post #50329 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Examine is a great site.

@virus646
Really solid to bench 3 plates.
Any particular reason you bench with such a narrow grip?
You could chop that ROM in half with a solid arch and full width grip.

I'm just weak wide grip. I've been working much more often with a wider grip but every time I go heavy...narrow > wider. It might be my body proportions, mental or bad form but it works so meh.

I still use wider grip for assistance though.
post #50330 of 57266

That was a good bench but I'm curious why is ass didn't stay on the bench. Is that a form thing? Looks like it's not touching for the majority of the lift.

post #50331 of 57266

Afaik it's because it makes it easier to arch your body thereby making the lift easier, but it's not allowed at powerlifting competitions.

post #50332 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape View Post
 

Afaik it's because it makes it easier to arch your body thereby making the lift easier, but it's not allowed at powerlifting competitions.


Isn't that particularly dangerous on your lumbar? 

post #50333 of 57266

Yeah, you're right. Full disclosure, I didn't know much about about this subject except to not lift my butt of the bench, despite that it makes your lift easier, something to do with leg drive and moves focus to lower part of pecs, resembling decline bench press, but "the intervertebral discs can experience excessive compression when forced into this position." --> back injury.

post #50334 of 57266

Just benched 240x7 235x5 230x6 on my high bench. Now gonna burn out on 225. According to my ap. 240x7 is my new PR...Ok...Just did 225x8. Felt really easy actually! 

post #50335 of 57266

wtf i never knew that, but then if I don't do that, my right leg tends to lift up at the end of the lift probably due to muscle imbalance.

post #50336 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

That was a good bench but I'm curious why is ass didn't stay on the bench. Is that a form thing? Looks like it's not touching for the majority of the lift.


Hard to tell exactly without seeing his feet but the culprit is most likely leg drive.  His leg drive is coming from the balls of his feet, forcing his ass up.  It is often preached to drive your heels into the ground -- this generates the similar leg drive but it helps keep butt on bench and it also provides force to move the bar back over your face (i.e. standard bar path).

 

re-watched video: you can definitely see his leg drive is pushing him up, not back toward the back.

post #50337 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordion View Post
 

wtf i never knew that, but then if I don't do that, my right leg tends to lift up at the end of the lift probably due to muscle imbalance.

 

Probably due to being less flexible.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post
 


Hard to tell exactly without seeing his feet but the culprit is most likely leg drive.  His leg drive is coming from the balls of his feet, forcing his ass up.  It is often preached to drive your heels into the ground -- this generates the similar leg drive but it helps keep butt on bench and it also provides force to move the bar back over your face (i.e. standard bar path).

 

re-watched video: you can definitely see his leg drive is pushing him up, not back toward the back.

 

I meant like why he's lifting that way. I know it's the leg drive lol. I was asking why someone would choose to bench like that. 

I was being coy.

post #50338 of 57266
Benching properly with an arch is safe. You also can't tell if his ass left the contact of the bench from that angle.
post #50339 of 57266

so benching with my chest up is fine, but not so much arch that my butt leaves the bench? What I do is just pull myself up like a reverse push up, tuck my feet in kinda deep and come down.

post #50340 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Bacon View Post

Benching properly with an arch is safe. You also can't tell if his ass left the contact of the bench from that angle.

 

You can. His ass comes down like 3 inches after he racks the weight at the end.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts