or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3347

post #50191 of 57302
Riff Raff is gaining 40lbs of bulk, fuck yea

http://munchies.vice.com/videos/fuel-the-riff-raff-weight-gain-diet
post #50192 of 57302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

Heating pad has helped the back a lot, haven't been waking up with back aches.

New York brahs, what neighborhoods are available if I'm looking for a more suburban feel but are still a decent commute to NYU and not expensive? Brooklyn looks like it might have neighborhoods like this. Guessing the Jersey side does, too.

What about something like Ditmas Park?

Also wtf is up with Craigslist? How is this so cheap? Bad neighborhood or something? What about this?
Suburban feels in close to NYU is pretty tough brah.

The first place is off the M train. The JMZ lines are brown because they are fucking doo doo. Second place is better, but will be kind of a hike. 10-15 minute walk just to get to a train station, which will suck in bad weather, which is like 80% of NYC weather.

I can't even think of where to look. Every stone has been turned by gentrification. Prospect Heights might be a good look though.
post #50193 of 57302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

Heating pad has helped the back a lot, haven't been waking up with back aches.

New York brahs, what neighborhoods are available if I'm looking for a more suburban feel but are still a decent commute to NYU and not expensive? Brooklyn looks like it might have neighborhoods like this. Guessing the Jersey side does, too.

What about something like Ditmas Park?

Also wtf is up with Craigslist? How is this so cheap? Bad neighborhood or something? What about this?

 

Look at Stuytown. I'd say that's where many of NYU students live. I know someone who lives in a very nice 3 BR and pays <1400$ for the master bedroom. Sure he lives on the far end (by the East River), but it's still better than commuting from Park Slope, etc. Don't listen to the prices they have on their website; find people that are moving out on Craigslist and try to take over their place. I live in UES, and a good 10 minute walk from the 6 line, and it does get to be a pain in the ass, but I enjoy the walk (free cardio). 

post #50194 of 57302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Riff Raff is gaining 40lbs of bulk, fuck yea

http://munchies.vice.com/videos/fuel-the-riff-raff-weight-gain-diet

jfc. I'd never heard of that loser but now my faith in the world has been lowered another couple of notches.
post #50195 of 57302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post

Look at Stuytown. I'd say that's where many of NYU students live. I know someone who lives in a very nice 3 BR and pays <1400$ for the master bedroom. Sure he lives on the far end (by the East River), but it's still better than commuting from Park Slope, etc. Don't listen to the prices they have on their website; find people that are moving out on Craigslist and try to take over their place. I live in UES, and a good 10 minute walk from the 6 line, and it does get to be a pain in the ass, but I enjoy the walk (free cardio). 

UES is good money too, especially with that 2nd ave line coming. But the 456 went down way more than I liked. I would go UWS or Harlem to be able to hedge on train line failures. All those lines go down to NYU. I remember for a while it was like once a week, I would ride by on my bike or motorcycle and see the "delayed train" mobs at 86th and Lex. No thx.

O yea, might not be a bad idea to look into getting a bike. When the weather is OK, by far the easiest and fastest way to get around the city, and it keeps u healthy (if u dont crash).
post #50196 of 57302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post

Look at Stuytown. I'd say that's where many of NYU students live. I know someone who lives in a very nice 3 BR and pays <1400$ for the master bedroom. Sure he lives on the far end (by the East River), but it's still better than commuting from Park Slope, etc. Don't listen to the prices they have on their website; find people that are moving out on Craigslist and try to take over their place. I live in UES, and a good 10 minute walk from the 6 line, and it does get to be a pain in the ass, but I enjoy the walk (free cardio). 

i second stuytown. you can take the nyu bus which is free and stops at a couple of places along 1st ave next to stuytown/peter cooper
post #50197 of 57302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar FTW View Post

i second stuytown. you can take the nyu bus which is free and stops at a couple of places along 1st ave next to stuytown/peter cooper

Well Stuytown isn't suburban but I will have ~9 months on my own so I'll look into it.
post #50198 of 57302
Interview in Miami was shit. School seems cool, but Einstein is my first choice by far.
post #50199 of 57302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

Heating pad has helped the back a lot, haven't been waking up with back aches.

New York brahs, what neighborhoods are available if I'm looking for a more suburban feel but are still a decent commute to NYU and not expensive? Brooklyn looks like it might have neighborhoods like this. Guessing the Jersey side does, too.

What about something like Ditmas Park?

Also wtf is up with Craigslist? How is this so cheap? Bad neighborhood or something? What about this?

Ditmas park is pretty far into BK (~35-45 min into downtown) but if you're not worried about a longish commute it's probably what you're looking for. I lived slightly more in (Windsor Terrace) and have friends out there and they like it (and it's super cheap)
post #50200 of 57302
It's cold out so i made chicken soup

post #50201 of 57302
Dat feel when you get your text books for 1p on amazon because they're obscure as fuck time series, markhov chain monti carlo and baysian analysis shit and theyre even hard covers. Had to pay fucking $70 for my bullshit market research one though, which isn't even interesting and won't make me quant as fuck.




even its aesthetics are ugly.
post #50202 of 57302

About to get 3 feet of snow over the next two days. I live in a small apartment complex in a rural town and it will be possible to likely the power will cut out for up to a week. Stocked up on food and candles, GL northeasterners.

post #50203 of 57302
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post


jfc. I'd never heard of that loser but now my faith in the world has been lowered another couple of notches.

 

Riff Raff is sort of a parody, only he's way better than most parodies because he never breaks character. I actually think it's genius.

post #50204 of 57302
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Dat feel when you get your text books for 1p on amazon because they're obscure as fuck time series, markhov chain monti carlo and baysian analysis shit and theyre even hard covers. Had to pay fucking $70 for my bullshit market research one though, which isn't even interesting and won't make me quant as fuck.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I own that Time Series book. Had my worst professor for that class.
post #50205 of 57302
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

Riff Raff is sort of a parody, only he's way better than most parodies because he never breaks character. I actually think it's genius.

I guess he's extremely talented at having no recognisable talent whatsoever.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts