or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3326

post #49876 of 57260

I think I forgot my slow cooker at home... 
Might have to go get it soon!

@fuji, yeah man so pressure's off but this place is in NYC and probably the highest ranked program that I have an interview from.

post #49877 of 57260
Ugh left elbow is still cranky. Going to take off thurs through Sun and see if that helps. Ill be off from the 22nd through the 30th as well probably due to travel and interviews. Ill vitamin I it up during that time and hope it helps.

I just feel a clicking in the joint. So bizarre.
post #49878 of 57260

Vitamin I is the good stuff

post #49879 of 57260

Weighted myself today went from 170 to 175 lbs. Clothes felt tight. Measured my chest. Chest went from 44 inches to 44.5 inches. 
 

post #49880 of 57260
Thread Starter 
Wow, 44.5" chest and you're only 175 lbs? Are you a super-manlet?
post #49881 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

Wow, 44.5" chest and you're only 175 lbs? Are you a super-manlet?


ULTRA manlet, bro! 5'7"

post #49882 of 57260
How many calories is that Coldsnap?

I've been stuck at 200 pounds for over a month. Have gained 25 pounds since Xmas 2013. Eating 3600-3800 calories a day. No cardio but lifting 5x a week. Gonna bump the calories to 4000 next week by more carbs.
post #49883 of 57260
Welcome to the 200+ club icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #49884 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

How many calories is that Coldsnap?

I've been stuck at 200 pounds for over a month. Have gained 25 pounds since Xmas 2013. Eating 3600-3800 calories a day. No cardio but lifting 5x a week. Gonna bump the calories to 4000 next week by more carbs.

 

Woah, when did you hit 200? That's awesome. How tall are you again? 6' 3"?

I think I want to be 'cut' by may, so I'm going to gain a bit till late feb and cut starting in March. Let see what happens, but I think I'll end up hitting like 180-185?

post #49885 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Woah, when did you hit 200? That's awesome. How tall are you again? 6' 3"?

Hit it a month ago or so. Yeah, 6'3 so I barely look big. Just broad shoulders, sort of big traps and large thighs. This high frequency training with pretty much only the powerlifts have got me a borderline olympic weightlifter physique, just slightly larger chest and delts. Arms are lagging a bit but whatever. Gonna post some progress pics soon from end of cut to now. Still have blurry abs so pretty satsified with how the weight gain has been distributed.
post #49886 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post


Hit it a month ago or so. Yeah, 6'3 so I barely look big. Just broad shoulders, sort of big traps and large thighs. This high frequency training with pretty much only the powerlifts have got me a borderline olympic weightlifter physique, just slightly larger chest and delts. Arms are lagging a bit but whatever. Gonna post some progress pics soon from end of cut to now. Still have blurry abs so pretty satsified with how the weight gain has been distributed.

 

Nice man. I just hit the stage where my clothes are starting to not fit. Debating whether to wait till I cut to decide whether to keep them all or just put them all on consignment and get some CM stuff with a slightly looser appeal. I prefer the 'casual' CM stuff anyway and it'll serve me well for the next 4-10 years... Those and scrubs.

post #49887 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Nice man. I just hit the stage where my clothes are starting to not fit. Debating whether to wait till I cut to decide whether to keep them all or just put them all on consignment and get some CM stuff with a slightly looser appeal. I prefer the 'casual' CM stuff anyway and it'll serve me well for the next 4-10 years... Those and scrubs.

I went shopping the other day and realized that I will have big problems finding pants that fit. Size 35 in Uniqlo couldn't fit my hips and quads but were a bit big in the waist. Size 52 was to slim in designer like Dries. I guess those were slim fit though. Gonna have to go with regular cut and loose fit from here on. Jeans are pretty much a no go. Pants only. FML...
post #49888 of 57260

^Stretch jeans ftw! To the jump-roping dude: Be careful with this, as jump-roping only works one of the two major calf muscles. You need to hit the other one somehow.

post #49889 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post


I went shopping the other day and realized that I will have big problems finding pants that fit. Size 35 in Uniqlo couldn't fit my hips and quads but were a bit big in the waist. Size 52 was to slim in designer like Dries. I guess those were slim fit though. Gonna have to go with regular cut and loose fit from here on. Jeans are pretty much a no go. Pants only. FML...

 

I think CM stuff here is easier since it has more roomy legs and seat due to the drape.


I don't think I'll have as big of a problem as you since I can't really go too crazy doing leg stuff. Just lunges, hex deads, bulgarian split squats, and quad extension/hamstring curl machines. I guess that's a relatively complete set of exercises though lol. 

post #49890 of 57260

I actually find CM stuff to be horrible; it just doesn't feel good having your range of motion that greatly reduced (i.e. try sitting cross-legged or putting your foot up by your hip in wool trousers; if you can do it at all it's very awkward). I've switched to wearing uniqlo stretchy jeans 90% of the time with a t-shirt + stretchy knit. If I was a chick, I'd totally be one of those girls that wears leggings every day. Going to Mexico + south america will be interesting, since I'll only be packing about four t-shirts, one oxford, a sweatshirt, a swimsuit, a couple athletic shorts and a pair of jeans.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts