or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3309

post #49621 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

lol did I mention I tried clen? Shit sucked. I mean I had one of the best workouts of my life, but my eyes hurt like a motherfucker, terrible headaches and chest pains that took weeks to go away after stopping taking it. And I was like just above test dose, nowhere near full dosage. The taurine helped but it was too much for me.

How many mcg did you take and did you use pharma grade or ugl? It just gives me some shakes and i sweat a little immediately after taking it, but nothing intense. I had a friend have to go to hospital after taking salbutamol though so I guess everyone reacts differently. When I used to use it 2 weeks on 2 weeks off i'd build from 80mcg to 200mcg, but i've realised thats a bit of a shit way to use it because your tolerance goes up so quickly so i do 2 days on 2 days off at 80mcg.
post #49622 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

How many mcg did you take and did you use pharma grade or ugl? It just gives me some shakes and i sweat a little immediately after taking it, but nothing intense. I had a friend have to go to hospital after taking salbutamol though so I guess everyone reacts differently. When I used to use it 2 weeks on 2 weeks off i'd build from 80mcg to 200mcg, but i've realised thats a bit of a shit way to use it because your tolerance goes up so quickly so i do 2 days on 2 days off at 80mcg.

I don't even remember. I used pharma from that one website you can order it from.
post #49623 of 57260
I should have saved my fortune cookies for the ice cream I'm having now. Not starting off 2015 good.
post #49624 of 57260
cliche I use this

http://truenutrition.com/p-5003-highly-branched-cyclic-dextrin-1lb.aspx

I use like 20-30g a workout with about 5-10g of BCAAs. Gonna try the unflavored one... 24oz of "fruit punch" followed by a chocolate whey shake just doesnt jive with my palette
post #49625 of 57260
Sorry for all the questions, but are you guys using magic bullets? It comes with an 18oz cup which seems small, no?Does that work for you guys fine, or is this better?

http://www.amazon.com/Nutri-Ninja-Pro-Blender-BL450/dp/B00JFLVMNE

I'd rather not spend more if I don't have to...

Shakes will have a mixture of:
Whey
Cottage cheese/greek yogurt
Frozen berries
Granola/oatmeal
Maybe some nuts thrown in
Almond milk or something possibly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

cliche I use this

http://truenutrition.com/p-5003-highly-branched-cyclic-dextrin-1lb.aspx

I use like 20-30g a workout with about 5-10g of BCAAs. Gonna try the unflavored one... 24oz of "fruit punch" followed by a chocolate whey shake just doesnt jive with my palette

Do you see a big difference with the bcaas? I'd probably get the unflavored one and take it with a scoop of whey an hour or so before working out. I don't like drinking anything remotely thick while working out.

Might try this instead of the dextrin, though it looks like the dextrin is probably more branched. Stuff's like half the cost, but has some straight up sugar in it too. Would do plain as well.
http://truenutrition.com/p-1168-karboload-40-servings.aspx?vid=7777
Edited by ridethecliche - 1/1/15 at 10:24pm
post #49626 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

Sublingual B vitamins?
Berocca?
Apple cider vinegar is supposedly good for energy.
Herbal tea?
Cherries?

I guess it depends what you mean by energy, I don't think any of the above will give you a jolt or anything, but would help with sustained energy. What are your eating pre-workout?

 

I guess I kinda mean a caffeine kick or a pre-workout....

I eat lunch between like 12-3 depending on the day. I'll do a whey shake about an hour before I workout at like 6. I guess putting in some carbs into that might help as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post


Absolutely shit study

"They recorded the powerlifters pulling an average straight-bar deadlift 1RM of 244.5 ± 39.5kg and an average hex-bar deadlift 1RM of 265.0 ± 41.8kg. They noted that the difference between straight-bar and hex-bar deadlift 1RM results was significant."

them overlapping confidence intervals, that n=19, that definitely not significant difference.

 

A-Yup.


Though, if they measured force generation for the bar path, then the wattage difference could have been statistically significant.

post #49627 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Absolutely shit study

"They recorded the powerlifters pulling an average straight-bar deadlift 1RM of 244.5 ± 39.5kg and an average hex-bar deadlift 1RM of 265.0 ± 41.8kg. They noted that the difference between straight-bar and hex-bar deadlift 1RM results was significant."

them overlapping confidence intervals, that n=19, that definitely not significant difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

I guess I kinda mean a caffeine kick or a pre-workout....


I eat lunch between like 12-3 depending on the day. I'll do a whey shake about an hour before I workout at like 6. I guess putting in some carbs into that might help as well.


A-Yup.


Though, if they measured force generation for the bar path, then the wattage difference could have been statistically significant.

Without looking at the actual data I kinda disagree with you guys here.

The important point here is the supposed increase for each individual lifter between the lifts. I agree that they've used the wrong stats in that sentence to explain it, but i bet if they did it the right way it'd be significant.

Need to look at the average change for each lifter and calculate significance from that.
post #49628 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

I'll do a whey shake about an hour before I workout at like 6. I guess putting in some carbs into that as well.

If you do a protein shake only one hour before training (or just get any protein in your system) then there is no need for more protein during the session since the MPS has not returned to baseline yet. Protein servings should be spaced out 3-4 hours at least or its just wasted protein. You can't spike it when it is already spiked.
post #49629 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post


Without looking at the actual data I kinda disagree with you guys here.

The important point here is the supposed increase for each individual lifter between the lifts. I agree that they've used the wrong stats in that sentence to explain it, but i bet if they did it the right way it'd be significant.

Need to look at the average change for each lifter and calculate significance from that.


Yeah, that would be a better statistics, but the confidence interval could probably still contain 0.
post #49630 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Do you see a big difference with the bcaas?
Not really, it's just out of habit/placebo/broscience for the most part. The thing doing the heavy lifting is the HBCDs. The low molality gives you a carb rush without the blood sugar spike response. As far as consistency the stuff is pretty much like a sports drink.
post #49631 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

If you do a protein shake only one hour before training (or just get any protein in your system) then there is no need for more protein during the session since the MPS has not returned to baseline yet. Protein servings should be spaced out 3-4 hours at least or its just wasted protein. You can't spike it when it is already spiked.

Oh yeah, i don't do it twice. I don't like drinking thicker things during a workout so i just drink water during. I was responding to ctk saying that he added the long branched carbs to his shake. I was saying that id consider adding some to my preworkout shake.

Edit: saw ctks comment saying it's not thick. I think the energy part will be fine with the shake an hour before as well.

Did anyone have any input on the blender thingy.
Edited by ridethecliche - 1/2/15 at 5:59am
post #49632 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Oh yeah, i don't do it twice. I don't like drinking thicker things during a workout so i just drink water during. I was responding to ctk saying that he added the long branched carbs to his shake. I was saying that id consider adding some to my preworkout shake.

Edit: saw ctks comment saying it's not thick. I think the energy part will be fine with the shake an hour before as well.

Did anyone have any input on the blender thingy.

Buy a ninja ultima, $130 on walmart right now and its fucking sick.
post #49633 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Buy a ninja ultima, $130 on walmart right now and its fucking sick.

Jeez that's so much for something i just want to make shakes in. Not even planning to put in a lot of ice or anything. Id just get the magic bullet, but 18 oz feels small. Or am i just being ridiculous about that?
post #49634 of 57260
Takes power to crush and liquefy stuff. I bought a Magic Bullet which I think had 600W... didnt do shit. Kale was not chopped fine at all. Ninja Ultima has 1500W and that multitier blade system. I am gonna try and get one this year for sure, such an easy way to get fruits and veggies.
post #49635 of 57260
I don't like blenders, but buy the best of whatever when it comes to kitchen stuff. Buying cheap kitchenware isn't worth it unless you're super poor.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts