or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3300

post #49486 of 57256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

You just wanted to post nekkid pics.

:lol:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post


I get those too. And a big red mark across my back from squats.

Is that from the bar?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post


Yeah, I have them too.

For me, it was caused by benching with a bench not attached to the power rack, eg. a regular gym bench with less padding prob not meant to be used for heavy benching.

Back when I did low bar squats I had similar bruises as well.

In a weird sense, I'm glad RHET bros have experienced it. So, I guess I'm not the weird one, here. Does that mean I grind out reps too much? Is that a bad thing? 

post #49487 of 57256

Did 19 sets of pull ups today ranging from body weight to 22 lbs. with 8 to 12 reps. 1 minute rest in between.

 

The holiday weight has given me 0 definition...Oh yeah, did those in my 21 oz. Iron Heart 634S jawnz! 

 

 

post #49488 of 57256
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

In a weird sense, I'm glad RHET bros have experienced it. So, I guess I'm not the weird one, here. Does that mean I grind out reps too much? Is that a bad thing? 

No, it most likely means that the bench is not padded enough. I could feel the steel edges on my rear delts through the padding when I got my bruises.
post #49489 of 57256
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post


No, it most likely means that the bench is not padded enough. I could feel the steel edges on my rear delts through the padding when I got my bruises.


Hmmm, I guess I've always been too focused on benching to notice the bench of having not enough padding. Are there any long term health affects? 

post #49490 of 57256
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Hmmm, I guess I've always been too focused on benching to notice the bench of having not enough padding. Are there any long term health affects? 

Health concerns for a bruise on your back? No, I don't think you need to worry but I haven't seen them nor am I a doctor.

Also, I don't know if your bench really is not padded enough and if that is what has caused the bruises. That was just what caused it for me.
post #49491 of 57256
belated merry christmas to all RHET economists and people alike. Spent the last two days with my girlfriends entire family, what can I say.. russian family christmas is awesome smile.gif

here is a view from my apt for some appropriate melancholy
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #49492 of 57256
Tried 225 today. Was attempting a 3-5 rep max and got 2 instead.

Oh well. Atleast i hit 2 plates before the new year.
post #49493 of 57256
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Remember when I made all those posts of getting cleared by the doctor, getting back in the game, etc about two months ago? I went to the gym twice since then.

I feel pretty good physically, I just have this weird ass mental block I can't circumvent. It's kind of digging me back into my depression. I guess it's pretty normal after a severe injury but I don't know. Like the idea of having to do all of this over again is so daunting.

Maybe I just need @mrchariybrown to call me a bitch.
try joining a new gym. Every once in a while going to the gym seriously drags ass for me until i realize I need to change the setting up.
post #49494 of 57256
Tweaked my low back yesterday doing bent over rows. The left erector/QL aches when I put the back into flexion.
Just when the knees finally started to get well this shit happens. Gonna skip the last two sessions of the week.
post #49495 of 57256
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Tweaked my low back yesterday doing bent over rows. The left erector/QL aches when I put the back into flexion.
Just when the knees finally started to get well this shit happens. Gonna skip the last two sessions of the week.


I'm sorry to hear this. How much weight were you pulling? I've been doing nothing but pull ups for back to avoid further lower back injuries. Does that mean you can't squat or deadlift? Keep us posted with progress. 

post #49496 of 57256
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

I'm sorry to hear this. How much weight were you pulling? I've been doing nothing but pull ups for back to avoid further lower back injuries. Does that mean you can't squat or deadlift? Keep us posted with progress. 

Only 135 lbs. Was warming up. I usually let the upper back round a bit at the bottom when I do rows (like Arnolds technique) but this time the lower back rounded as well.

Last spring I had the exact same thing. Then it happened when I warmed up for deadlifts with 200 lbs, lol. Shit can happen with light weights when you don't pay attention.
post #49497 of 57256
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post


Only 135 lbs. Was warming up. I usually let the upper back round a bit at the bottom when I do rows (like Arnolds technique) but this time the lower back rounded as well.

Last spring I had the exact same thing. Then it happened when I warmed up for deadlifts with 200 lbs, lol. Shit can happen with light weights when you don't pay attention.


Damn, do you think once you've injured your lower back, it will never be the same as in you won't be able to pull that monster weight of 500 and above without pain? I injuries my back in September warming up with sumo pull at 245 lbs. For some reason, I didn't squat down low enough to pick up the weight and pulled my back. I went to see my doctor and he thinks it's only a pull which is a good news meaning I won't be getting scar tissue. 

post #49498 of 57256
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Damn, do you think once you've injured your lower back, it will never be the same as in you won't be able to pull that monster weight of 500 and above without pain? I injuries my back in September warming up with sumo pull at 245 lbs. For some reason, I didn't squat down low enough to pick up the weight and pulled my back. I went to see my doctor and he thinks it's only a pull which is a good news meaning I won't be getting scar tissue. 

I don't know really.
A warm bath helped a lot for my back and today (just one day later) it already feels much better, so I think its muscular rather than something with the spine. But the fact that it has bothered me twice says something - that it can come back many times. I think that can be the case with many of these smaller injuries.

For instance with my knees, it can feel good during the liftig session but if I sit for too long and don't get any circulation to the knees the achyness starts to come back.

In general I think active rest is the best. Try to stay active so the area doesn't get stiff.
post #49499 of 57256
post #49500 of 57256
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Damn, do you think once you've injured your lower back, it will never be the same as in you won't be able to pull that monster weight of 500 and above without pain? I injuries my back in September warming up with sumo pull at 245 lbs. For some reason, I didn't squat down low enough to pick up the weight and pulled my back. I went to see my doctor and he thinks it's only a pull which is a good news meaning I won't be getting scar tissue. 

I don't know really.
A warm bath helped a lot for my back and today (just one day later) it already feels much better, so I think its muscular rather than something with the spine. But the fact that it has bothered me twice says something - that it can come back many times. I think that can be the case with many of these smaller injuries.

For instance with my knees, it can feel good during the liftig session but if I sit for too long and don't get any circulation to the knees the achyness starts to come back.

In general I think active rest is the best. Try to stay active so the area doesn't get stiff.

I slipped down a flight of stairs and landed on my back a couple years back (icy inside a building, while sober on New Years), which resulted in me walking like a pensioner for 2 months and when I finally went to a fysio I got told to do tiger stretches, which helped a lot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts