or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3283

post #49231 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post


That guy who squatted like 1100lb in single ply in the IPF is definitely natty.

 

I don't want to get into a gear debate here, but if you're talking about the Norwegian team you should be aware that they currently have one of the harshest drug policies for sports in the world, and that they are one of the nations in IPF that pushes even harder controls. Last year they had 122 tests of which 84 were in training and unannounced. To put it into perspective, IPF in US made 14 tests that year in total with one of them being unannounced.

 

Carl-Yngvar, the guy who made that squat, is also considered to have extreme genetics.

 

I can understand that you doubt it, but I believe that the Norwegian national team is drug-free.

post #49232 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

I don't want to get into a gear debate here, but if you're talking about the Norwegian team you should be aware that they currently have one of the harshest drug policies for sports in the world, and that they are one of the nations in IPF that pushes even harder controls. Last year they had 122 tests of which 84 were in training and unannounced. To put it into perspective, IPF in US made 14 tests that year in total with one of them being unannounced.

Carl-Yngvar, the guy who made that squat, is also considered to have extreme genetics.

I can understand that you doubt it, but I believe that the Norwegian national team is drug-free.

If people get through the olympics and tour de france on drugs i'm sure people can get through the IPF on gear.
post #49233 of 57266
Do I think it's naive to think the IPF is drug free? Definitely.

Do I think it's unfair to assume someone takes drugs? Certainly.

In the end, who cares.
post #49234 of 57266

Yes, I know that some people in the IPF could be using. It's by no means a perfect fed. We even have guys here in Sweden that has got caught and then came back and started to compete again.

 

I just wanted to say that the Norwegian team specifically takes the drug use extremely serious, since that was the example that got brought up.

post #49235 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Do I think it's naive to think the IPF is drug free? Definitely.

Do I think it's unfair to assume someone takes drugs? Certainly.

In the end, who cares.

 

The ones who were clean in 2nd when the guy cheating gets caught later. Happened in the tour all the time. Hard to build on that momentum months/years down the line.

post #49236 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

The ones who were clean in 2nd when the guy cheating gets caught later. Happened in the tour all the time. Hard to build on that momentum months/years down the line.

Or the people for whom sport is a profession who are having to make the choice between a successful career and their long-term health.
post #49237 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post


Or the people for whom sport is a profession who are having to make the choice between a successful career and their long-term health.

Yeah. I used to be a cyclist and race and shit. I was thinking of the TDF slash cycling in general when I wrote that. \

 

So many dopers. 

post #49238 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post


What's your point? A lot of IPF/USAPL competitors use. You do realize this, right? lol

The NFL drug test too. Man, all those natty football players.

 

My point is that its an extra hassle to deal with, if there are easy to compete in non-tested feds around then why bother?

post #49239 of 57266
Eeked out 8x70 for seated db ohp.

Relatively uneventful workout otherwise.
Not going to do seated face pulls. Shit hurts my neck.
post #49240 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

The ones who were clean in 2nd when the guy cheating gets caught later. Happened in the tour all the time. Hard to build on that momentum months/years down the line.

surely for the tour its more like the guy who was clean in 70th?
post #49241 of 57266

Just did leg curls 10x15. Gonna be sore for a few days. 

post #49242 of 57266
Ive got this awful fucking knot in my upper back, right next to my right shoulder blade, been trying to get rid of it for literally months. It gets worse when i'm just resting, inactive. When I lacrosse ball or diddler it my vision actually goes blurry and I can feel the thing in my head.

Getting really frustrated.
post #49243 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Ive got this awful fucking knot in my upper back, right next to my right shoulder blade, been trying to get rid of it for literally months. It gets worse when i'm just resting, inactive. When I lacrosse ball or diddler it my vision actually goes blurry and I can feel the thing in my head.

Getting really frustrated.

I have a similar problem that comes and goes. What helps me is RICE and using the lacrosse ball both on the trap and pec minor/delt. I suspect that it's because I sit at the computer too much and mouse around with my right hand.

Might not be what you have but...
post #49244 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan K View Post

My point is that its an extra hassle to deal with, if there are easy to compete in non-tested feds around then why bother?

I do agree.

Although, there is nothing inherently bad with drug testing if the lifter wants to compete against only drug-free athletes and if the fed takes the proper measures to drug test correctly.

The IPF probably does this the best but it's still not perfect.. but there's no way of fixing that since it's ultimately based on an honor system.
post #49245 of 57266
Re cycling: research has shown that there are long lasting cellular changes in athletes that dope that persist even after stop using.

So athletes that get caught, temp banned, and come back clean night never really actually be normal again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts