or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3270

post #49036 of 57266

Oh shit, I've just read this.

 

 

SET-UP MISTAKES:

The BIGGEST mistake I see people make with sumo deadlifting is treating it like a squat. This is even more prevalent in sumo pulling than conventional. They set their hands AND squat down at the same time. When this is done, you are not in a good position to pull, and your muscles are not engaged. Everything is loose. When you pull from this position, your back is again taking all of the load because your hamstrings and glutes are not involved nearly as much in the movement.

SO. Get your feet into position, and set your hands on the bar FIRST. Don’t sit at the bottom or you will get loose. Think of your hamstrings like an elastic – stretch fast and explode off the floor.

post #49037 of 57266
Yes, you are correct in that a proper sumo is harder off the floor and easier at lockout.
And I've seen people setup going down with the hands and legs at the same time, but they usually do it pretty fast and start the pull as soon as they grip the bar. I've begun with sumo and I find it easier to get a good back angle with that setup rather than gripping first and then sitting back and down.
post #49038 of 57266
What's the least fiddly setup of recording workouts? I want to record most sets to check my technique but not sure how to do it without touching my phone every few minutes.
post #49039 of 57266
RHET i'm applying for my masters now. Should I do it in statistics, financial statistics, the equivalent of financial engineering or accounting with finance? Thinking accounting with finance is a bit pov so probably one of the first 3. Thinking financial engineering because it would open up a lot more doors for me then just doing IB or less skilled positions in finance. It mainly covers programming in java and c++, stochastic calculus and some game theory.
post #49040 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Wait Fuji, you're dating that girl now?

Side note, Charly what are you going for again? Hanging with my cousin who did 1400 his first meet at 198 class.


Yes <3

She's not that crazy, lost her shit again because my fb was open and she saw a message to another girl saying I didn't have a girlfriend, she was mad. I think her mood stabilisers work quite well though because she's quite normal, just gets a bit more hurt over things.
Edited by fuji - 11/26/14 at 7:11am
post #49041 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

weren't you 205 lbs like 6 months ago? you must have gained and lost 80 lbs this year

No, I started cutting at the beginning of the year when I was 205. Went down to 170lbs or so while doing Gregs programming. Set some PRs there then decided I wanted to do more bodybyuilding type stuff for the rest of the year. I've been around 170lbs or less through most of the year, going back up to 185lbs now.
post #49042 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post


Side note, Charly what are you going for again? Hanging with my cousin who did 1400 his first meet at 198 class.

It's too far away to tell at the moment.

But... 1850 would be great. 1900 would be awesome. 1900+ would be O_O
post #49043 of 57266
what weight class? Raw?

I'm not sure if this has been answered, but are you on the cell tech? No offense intended.
post #49044 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Yes <3

She's not that crazy, lost her shit again because my fb was open and she saw a message to another girl saying I didn't have a girlfriend, she was mad. I think her mood stabilisers work quite well though because she's quite normal, just gets a bit more hurt over things.

Lol she's going to break vases in your face if you play that game.
post #49045 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Lol she's going to break vases in your face if you play that game.
THIS! You might want to be a bit more careful with the secret behaviour. My girlfriend would have probably hit me with a shoe or something along that path... and she's not even psycho... she's Latin American... even though that probably moves on the same level regarding "relationship behaviour".
post #49046 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Yes, you are correct in that a proper sumo is harder off the floor and easier at lockout.
And I've seen people setup going down with the hands and legs at the same time, but they usually do it pretty fast and start the pull as soon as they grip the bar. I've begun with sumo and I find it easier to get a good back angle with that setup rather than gripping first and then sitting back and down.

I guess I've never learned how to build enough tension in my hamstrings because I would squat down and securing my grip during the set up. So, maybe most of my DLs were performed with more of my lower back instead of the posterior chain. 

 

I've just learned how to build tension from Mark Bell's video @0:11.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post


Yes <3

She's not that crazy, lost her shit again because my fb was open and she saw a message to another girl saying I didn't have a girlfriend, she was mad. I think her mood stabilisers work quite well though because she's quite normal, just gets a bit more hurt over things.

Wait, is this the Russian chick with family mob connections who also has a nice ass?!

post #49047 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Just a lot of Gatorade and some dextrose, some whey protein, leucine, and creatine.

I could hit you with a bunch of charts and shit from the RP book, but don't have time to copy pasta right now. But essentially for someone like myself who is 160-170lbs intra workout is 120g carbs and 45g protein for "hard" workouts.
I had it mixed up. It was Oxxxuss Vellum with the HBCDs. Just ordered some from True Nutrition. I hope they open up a warehouse on the east coast, this shit is ridiculous.

Did chest and legs today which is usually a no go for me. Really good session, no caffeine. New PRs all around
post #49048 of 57266
Yeah. Usually 2:1 ratio of hbcds to protein (peptopro if you're rich, Iso or EAA's otherwise) with some cit malate added .i actually got some of the new meadows stuff (Intra MD by Prime nutrition) but haven't used it yet.
post #49049 of 57266
I got some BCAAs but I have a shit load of unflavored whey isolate I gotta use. Prob gonna send the BCAAs back though.

Been sleeping so much better w/o caffeine. Bummed but it is what it is.
post #49050 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

I guess I've never learned how to build enough tension in my hamstrings because I would squat down and securing my grip during the set up. So, maybe most of my DLs were performed with more of my lower back instead of the posterior chain. 

I've just learned how to build tension from Mark Bell's video @0:11.




Wait, is this the Russian chick with family mob connections who also has a nice ass?!

Nah this is the one with borderline personality disorder. Russian girls family owned the constructing group for the winter Olympic stadium, last time we slept together she wanted me to beat the shit out of her which was awks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts